F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

damn for real? i was hoping Merc would have sorted **** after the past two years

RB have been working on next year's car since before the summer break due to the cost cap penalty, bringing their last big upgrade in Hungary, and they were still dominant in race pace at the end of this season.

The only optimism I have is that the significant changes Merc will be making to the chassis that they knew they couldn't make during the season when they switched aero designs actually work. I actually think McLaren is close behind both teams too, but their tire wear is crippling their race pace (one of the biggest issues holding a lot of teams back). Ferrari said they'll be bringing a new car next year but they've looked like a headless chicken at times so I'm skeptical.

The downside is Merc, McLaren, and the rest of the field are moving towards the RB19 design, but they'll be chasing a moving goal post when RB introduces their rumored new concept next year.

This was the first in my dozen years where watching sessions have felt like a chore. Fingers crossed next year truly is different, the last year and half have felt more like the Merc domination in 14-16, but without the fun teammate battle, and I'm not really expecting much different until 2026.

I feel like an old man rambling now :lol:

giphy.gif

In the meantime… now I wait for Drive To Survive.

I’m definitely gonna watch but it bothers me how the stories are never told in chronological order. Feel like just documenting the season and playing up the drama a bit is enough.

But the Winter break for me will be more of this

IMG_2444.jpeg

😂

I’m all for second chances but there’s so many more deserving young drivers right now.

Drugovich, Doohan, Porchaire, Lawson etc.

I think Vesti has a good chance to dominate Formula 2 next season so his name might get added to that list as well.

I wanna see 2 new teams added to the grid.

Porsche works team anybody? I feel like that would be incredible! Toyota as well so long as they learned from their previous mistakes.

There’s an announcement coming tomorrow morning regarding the Miami. It’s staying but the weekend might be more annoying

In defense of my guy Zhou, he’s second best dressed on the grid.

Next season may be his last on the grid so hopefully he continues throwing fits 😂

It's hilarious how not a single person in F1 media has realized that in light of all of the teams putting out statements denying that they were the ones who called for a conflict of interest investigation into Toto and Susie Wolff- that there is really only one person with enough clout in the sport who could have done this while claiming to not be employed by a "team". Said person is also consistently making erroneous accusations based on a clear distaste for facts.

HMDevil.jpeg

is this real?

This isn't news, and PlanetF1 had to clarify that lol:

These proposals come around every year, realistically the closest we got was the one over a decade ago in NJ with views of NYC that got scrapped. Local developers are just trying to cash in on the hype now, but it's never gonna happen around here.

Back
Top Bottom