F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Ironically enough, my fiancé ordered a shoe from Puma a few months back and they messed up the order and sent her this instead :lol:

20240201_141518.jpg

She got her money back and they said she could keep it but it's been collecting dust this entire time.

Funny how things work out sometimes, it's gonna be in my collection starting next year now :lol:

Is it common in f1 for this to take place this early on something like this? I’ve only been watching F1 casually for the last 8 years or so… it seems like this usually happens mid season.

Ironically enough, my fiancé ordered a shoe from Puma a few months back and they messed up the order and sent her this instead :lol:

20240201_141518.jpg

She got her money back and they said she could keep it but it's been collecting dust this whole time. Funny how things work out sometimes, it's gonna be in my collection starting next year now :lol:

This is a windfall bro. You should’ve declined the refund and sent a tip.

Is it common in f1 for this to take place this early on something like this? I’ve only been watching F1 casually for the last 8 years or so… it seems like this usually happens mid season.
Yeah, I would say it usually happens during a season... sometimes during the summer break or towards the end of the season when teams announce their driver lineups for the next season. But this was def very out of the ordinary. And I don't think they really planned it like this. The rumor came out, picked up traction really quick and just blew up. All parties had no choice but to react. If anything, announcing a change 1 year in advance feels a bit early to me (it may/probably has happened before, I just don't remember).

There’s multiple instances of it. I think Fernando to Ferrrari was one.

I wish Lewis would just make the switch for ‘24.

Its gonna get weird with Merc and it’s 50/50 on whether they will be fighting for wins this season.

There’s multiple instances of it. I think Fernando to Ferrrari was one.

I wish Lewis would just make the switch for ‘24.

Its gonna get weird with Merc and it’s 50/50 on whether they will be fighting for wins this season.
Problem is both Lewis and Carlos are under contract until the end of the 2024 season so I can see why they will wait.

Wonder if this will be like a Lewis vs Nico situation

Problem is both Lewis and Carlos are under contract until the end of the 2024 season so I can see why they will wait.

Wonder if this will be like a Lewis vs Nico situation

Doubt it.

Charles hasn’t shown himself to be as combative. He’s going to fight but I can’t see it getting to the levels of Nico where it’s extremely personal.

I’m more concerned about Ferrari and Tifosi culture acting like Italians did towards Mario Balotelli.

But even more importantly- is Ferrari building a rocket ship for ‘26 or is Lewis just completing his checklist? 👀

It’s something small, but I don’t like the style of wheels everyone uses that started in 2022.

Hopefully Bono does join Lewis.

But if by chance he doesn’t I’m worried that Lewis might get stuck with someone like Leclerc’s engineer who somehow never has an answer for anything

Even though the switch isn’t happening for another year this has added a level of intrigue and excitement to ‘24 that nobody was prepared for.

George’s behavior is going to be a RIOT 🤣🤣

Feels like it was amateur hour on both ends, but I don’t feel bad for Michael Andretti at all, even though I would have liked to have seen a new team join.

He ran his campaign to enter the grid like an American politician would and that was the worst possible strategy to convince arrogant European snobs to let him into their closed shop.

Funniest part is that F1 basically said “anyone entering with plans to be a Renault customer team cannot succeed” 💀💀💀

Peter Windsor isn’t very reliable but he’s not clueless as a source.

And after watching the entire ‘High Performance’ interview that Albon did recently, I do think part of him wants a second crack at Max even though the Merc seat and a chance to compete with his buddy George would be tempting as well.

But if I were Albon I wouldn’t go back to RB. Especially with how unreasonable Bigot Marko is. The RB Powertrains project is also gonna take some time to find its footing in ‘26 and beyond which also makes me wonder where Max will be driving in ‘27 👀

Back
Top Bottom