F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I think it was 5/10ths covering the top 5, which is crazy close.  

Lol @ this Lewis Mediagate.  He fools around during a presser, the press get upset, then he gets upset cuz the press are upset. 
laugh.gif

Fantastic race and circuit.

Putting Seb on Softs at the end there was strange.

Lewis fightback was awesome. Max a scumbag for that one. Been doing that to everyone this season :rofl:

Nico on another level right now.

Anyway, Bathurst 1000 just finished about the same time as well. Sinner Sinner , did you get to catch Formula E up there in Hong Kong? :nerd:

Heading to Japan for WEC 6H Fuji next weekend. Hopefully Audi doesn't blow it this time. Can't wait! :pimp:

Last edited:
Lewis is killing me with his poor starts 
mean.gif

Besides that his performance was good. 

Ferrari made themselves look like fools again 
roll.gif
 Their strategies are so woat. Robbed Vettel of a podium place.

And Red Bull did Daniel dirty with a poor strategy. 

Surprisingly how well Ferraris cars performed in comparison to Red Bull. I can imagine that the colder weather hurt Red Bulls performance. 

I feel bad for Grosjean getting the 11th place again. It's already the SEVENTH time that he gets p11 and no point. 

This must be tough. 

@zk1MPLS  No, unfortunately I'm not in HK at the moment!  Missed the race completely!  Will catch it on replay though!  Looked chaotic.

Anyway, that move by Max... yet again on the edge of what's acceptable... and probably just over the line... made his move waaay late in waiting for Lewis to make the move.  I was genuinely expecting Race Control to penalize Max cuz it was vs Lewis.  Surely the other drivers, by now, will try to fake-left-go-right next time?  

And yeah, what was Ferrari thinking?  I was surprised by the Softs as they had like 20 laps or so at that point (I think?).  Even if he had gotten past Lewis, I don't see how worn-out Softs was gonna last.  

Nico just doing everything right at the moment.  Interesting 4 remaining races. 

When I read it today, I was like WHAT THE HELL??? 
roll.gif

At least one must say that he's strong on earning money and opening new doors.

Can't wait for him to drop some music too 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
  I read today, that he and Drake might have a collaboration. Offseason gonna be lit 
laugh.gif

Not gonna lie, these new cars sound like complete ****. Especially coming out of a corner at low revs. They sound like Honda Civics with those exausts ricers put on them. :x

The Porsche Supercup cars sound WAYYY better and I'm not exaggerating.

Okay I was wrong, the cars don't sound like complete manure. I was able to get some video from quali on turn 17. There's also 2 support races this weekend. The the Masters Historic Racing and Porsche Supercup, they're not as fast but man do they sound much better.

Also, I was able to go on top of the hill on turn 1. To say it is very steep would be an understatement. :wow:

Last edited:
A mediocre race... but one thing's for sure, it highlighted how flawed the "F1 Driver of the Day" thing is.  The concept was pretty flawed to begin with cuz fan-voting is rarely objective.  Then to have voting end before the race finishes makes it worse.  Alonso overtook 2 cars towards the end, but somehow DNF-Max wins it.  I'm biased towards McLaren, of course, but I think it's fair to say Alo deserved it.  Hell, even Chili Sainz deserves it more than Max.

Picture of the day...

F1+Grand+Prix+of+USA+-fHjf2sArUpx.jpg

Last edited:
If you guys think that Lewis fanboys are bad on the internet, they're worse in real life. People were really booing poor Nico on the podium, and Lewis & Ricciardo got all the praise.

Congrats to Lewis tying Alain Prost for 2nd most all time GP wins.

Those last 4 laps between pos. 3/4/5 :wow:

Ricciardo almost got Vettel on that corner too. Verstappen took one for the team :rofl:

When the Ferrari crew and Vettel stormed up to the podium :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom