F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Norris was never going to win. Doesn’t have the doggy in him

I wouldn't necessarily characterize it like that. Not about having the doggy or whatnot. I haven't listened to all the radio yet, but Lando never looked like he had to pace to beat Carlos today. He was matching, or was a bit slower, than Carlos at the beginning... but towards the end, they were on the same tyres, so there was still no advantage to be gained. They were both pushing as hard as they could. If anything, Carlos had a bit more left, but, as we now know, held back a bit at the DRS detection to give Lando a boost to help protect himself (Carlos). Very smart and well-managed, IMO. It was the win-win thing to do. Lando had no point in making aggressive overtaking attempts cuz it would have made both him and Carlos slower and would have F'd up their tyres, making them more vulnerable to the Mercs.

Ultimately, it's about picking your battles and going overly aggressive in a race in which you weren't fast enough, would not have been sensible. This track is tough enough to pass. Hanging onto P2 was the best result Lando could have gotten.

And shoutout to Oscar on another sensational drive... 10 places gained... in Singapore?! 😮💨

giphy.gif

Fantastic finish, Carlos really deserved the W. Upgraded his race strat skills and managed the entire field, dictating the podium :lol:

Tough luck for George, Lewis was really putting the pressure on him at the end, and he fell into the trap of just following Lando's line, clipping the wall.

Also really unfortunate failure for Ocon, always underrated and looked great fighting Alonso and Perez. Would've definitely had P6.

Lawson again showing why he deserves a seat, even fighting Max on track again. One of the most impressive rookie performances this season. Def going to tune in to the SF finale next month.

What a race! Sainz drove the **** out of that car all 62 laps. He’s really turned it around and my view of him has changed dramatically. Charles isn’t who people say he is 🤣

George is too ambitious. He needs to figure out how to tame his excitement when a win is in the cards.

Lewis is gonna cook him when they finally get a car to compete at the top for a full season.

Best race of the season.

Great race by Ferrari. Other than the screw up in the pit by Lecrec’s team, they knocked it out od the park.

It’s so good to see Redbull struggle for once. They are human after all. I think it was a track specific issue and we will be back to our regular scheduled program at Suzuka but I hope it’s the new technical directive that slowed them down.

I think Lewis would’ve won if he was in Russell’s spot. He looked like a shark out there. Speaking of George, :lol: tragic.

I’m seeing reports that Alpha Tauri is on the verge of confirming Ricciardo and Tsunoda for next season.

Happy for both but Lawson has earned a seat. Feel like he’d be the perfect replacement for Sargeant at Williams.

Lawson needs to do whatever he can to get out of the Red Bull stable. They don’t nurture their talent once on the grid. They only compare them to Max and if results don’t come fast enough they get discarded.

I’m seeing reports that Alpha Tauri is on the verge of confirming Ricciardo and Tsunoda for next season.

Happy for both but Lawson has earned a seat. Feel like he’d be the perfect replacement for Sargeant at Williams.

Lawson needs to do whatever he can to get out of the Red Bull stable. They don’t nurture their talent once on the grid. They only compare them to Max and if results don’t come fast enough they get discarded.
While Lawson would be perfect at Williams, I think it’s best to keep Logan for 1 additional year (considering his year 1 was supposed to be 24)

We need a driver that’s gonna cause some shenanigans. With DeBris gone, Logan is the only one left.

While Lawson would be perfect at Williams, I think it’s best to keep Logan for 1 additional year (considering his year 1 was supposed to be 24)

We need a driver that’s gonna cause some shenanigans. With DeBris gone, Logan is the only one left.

George Russell is gonna create enough shenanigans for the entire grid next season if Mercedes has a world championship contending car.

His bogus act of caring about the team when he only cares about his own results will shine more clearly than ever if he and Lewis are taking points off of each other while battling Red Bull. Mercedes needs to put Russell in his place and make it clear that so long as Lewis is there, George’s last name is Barrichello.

I can’t think of a single reason for Williams to keep Sargeant. He hasn’t shown even a glimmer of promise, unless the standard is “just be better than Latifi”. And I don’t think the fact that he’s American matters that much to fans here in the states in the way that it would matter to Ferrari/Italian fans to have Giovinazzi rise from his reserve role.

BUT:

👀👀

Last edited:
George Russell is gonna create enough shenanigans for the entire grid next season if Mercedes has a world championship contending car.

His bogus act of caring about the team when he only cares about his own results will shine more clearly than ever if he and Lewis are taking points off of each other while battling Red Bull. Mercedes needs to put Russell in his place and make it clear that so long as Lewis is there, George’s last name is Barrichello.

I can’t think of a single reason for Williams to keep Sargeant. He hasn’t shown even a glimmer of promise, unless the standard is “just be better than Latifi”. And I don’t think the fact that he’s American matters that much to fans here in the states in the way that it would matter to Ferrari/Italian fans to have Giovinazzi rise from his reserve role.

BUT:

👀👀

It definitely doesn’t matter here in the states. No one cared even at the Miami race

He’s better than Latifi but I think his goal is to just show consistency. He’d be good for 2/3rd of a lap in quali but **** up one corner

AT having a new title sponsor is the reason Lawson won’t have that seat over DR. But if Checo starts slipping up there’s still a shot

It definitely doesn’t matter here in the states. No one cared even at the Miami race

He’s better than Latifi but I think his goal is to just show consistency. He’d be good for 2/3rd of a lap in quali but **** up one corner

AT having a new title sponsor is the reason Lawson won’t have that seat over DR. But if Checo starts slipping up there’s still a shot

James Vowels seems to be the Big Brain, 4D chess type of TP that quietly finds “just showing consistency” and Logan’s penchant for living in the wall unacceptable in light of what Albon is able to do in the Williams. I’d be shocked if they give Logan a second season, considering how often he quotes Toto on F1 being a meritocracy.

Good point about Alpha Tauri though. The Boss sponsorship probably wants Ric, but since Honda is out I’d still take Lawson over Tsunoda.

Silly season take: Checo is shown the door, Lando takes the second Redbull seat and Lawson finds himself in a McLaren, with Checo replacing Stroll after Stroll announces he’s quitting to be a professional pickleball player.

Pastry vs Lawson in the same car for ‘24? Anyone who says they aren’t at full mast at the thought is a liar 🤣

Last edited:
James Vowels seems to be the Big Brain, 4D chess type of TP that quietly finds “just showing consistency” and Logan’s penchant for living in the wall unacceptable in light of what Albon is able to do in the Williams. I’d be shocked if they give Logan a second season, considering how often he quotes Toto on F1 being a meritocracy.

Good point about Alpha Tauri though. The Boss sponsorship probably wants Ric, but since Honda is out I’d still take Lawson over Tsunoda.

Silly season take: Checo is shown the door, Lando takes the second Redbull seat and Lawson finds himself in a McLaren, with Checo replacing Stroll after Stroll announces he’s quitting to be a professional pickleball player.

Pastry vs Lawson in the same car for ‘24? Anyone who says they aren’t at full mast at the thought is a liar 🤣
Honda is out next season at RBR/AT?

watched the final 20 laps of the singapore GP just now. pretty exciting and fun race when RB isn't 18 seconds ahead of the field. the final few laps with sainz, lando, lewis, and george all within 2 seconds of each other was pretty cool. helluva drive from sainz and lando to fend off merc. im sure it's been said/joked about but i wonder just how much lewis was in george's head a bit when george crashed :lol:

im sure it's been said/joked about but i wonder just how much lewis was in george's head a bit when george crashed :lol:

:rofl:

Lewis was so upset on the podium. His face was screaming “I’m P3 because we’ve been having this fantasy tea party with the child”. Granted, Lewis should have done better in qualifying…

I’m starting to think that Mercedes is allowing George so much autonomy because if the stakes ever do rise for the team, George won’t have legs to stand on when he tries to audible on strategy.

Can’t wait for George’s “Valtteri it’s James” moment 🤣

Being in the Pacific time zone, Suzuka is always my favorite race of the year just because Qualy is Friday night, Race is Saturday night.

I need Rosberg to take a pic in front of the Red Bull garage for me.

Anybody else watching?

Back
Top Bottom