Facebook Buys Instagram For 1 Billion Dollars...

Originally Posted by killahcam06

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

why do people hate FB so much on here?
laugh.gif
This,the problem should be with the people you add and accept. Nothing wrong with fb by itself
Disagree, fb sucks and it's not because of the people you have on your friend's list. 

You disagree and don't even explain why?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by seniosoul

instagram was a critical threat on the rise, facebook bought them before they peaked.
pretty much, and they got them while they were still impressed with that money. 1 bil to FB is literally nothing

Originally Posted by Kramer

Originally Posted by seniosoul

instagram was a critical threat on the rise, facebook bought them before they peaked.
pretty much, and they got them while they were still impressed with that money. 1 bil to FB is literally nothing
If Facebook didn't buy them I think twitter would have or Google. If none of them did, then Instagram would've grown in size until they would've become a threat to Facebook. Good move by Facebook.

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

Originally Posted by cap1229

Originally Posted by justforsneaks

same here as well. Gonna have to upload my entire Flickr photostream on there. By the way, follow me @justforsneaks07

See this is what I'm against.
ohwell.gif
I get and understand that you want exposure for your business but it's taking the integrity out of what the app was made for and killing it slowly. I know technology is always improving but things should be separate to allow for spontaneous @#%% to still happen. I've seen some beautiful shots taken on ppls iPhones and a filter here or there was used but it's still a quick snap for the moment.
Like in one of previous posts someone just wrote, I won't be surprised if they throw instagram filters as a feature for your Facebook profile pic. 
Facebook was reportedly working on such a feature for their mobile app back in August 2011.
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/24/facebook-targets-instagram-with-photo-filters/

Originally Posted by reem145us

Instagram has over 5 million Android users already.
Jeebus. I really would have liked to see what direction instagram would have gone in without a fb buyout or one in 
general.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by reem145us

Instagram has over 5 million Android users already.

For real? Wow. That is insane considering it just came out.
Yeah but you have to remember, it was an iPhone app first. They already had a big user background and the influence from those users increased the android users once it released. 
Android users have been wanting instagram for at least over a year now. They didn't just wake up and find a new app. They have been waiting on it forever. 

What would have been amazing is if it had 5 million users in that short period of time when it first released. 

Originally Posted by spizike231

Zuckerberg just can't leave ANY stone untouched huh? Instagram is amazing.. now it's gonna be filled with advertisements and BS things like FB. Sigh. Time to get the jetpack.

Spoiler [+]
Just+_ac2001e1aa0e47478bd3c9ea75c33998.jpg

OR, just root your android and make sure you are using a ROM and disables adsense
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by killahcam06

Disagree, fb sucks and it's not because of the people you have on your friend's list. 

I disagree. Facebook sucks cause your friends personas on the net is worse then it is in real person. I know people that literally have alter egos on Facebook and seem angry 24/7. I guess that is just me but thank god I learned to not look at the news feed no more.

THANK YOU! People act as if random strangers statuses pop up on their newsfeed and mess up their experiences...NO, you either requested or accepted these people who are making your experience with FB crap.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Word. If FB cause you that much angst, don't blame FB, blame yourself and the bum ^@& friends you made
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I disagree. Facebook sucks cause your friends personas on the net is worse then it is in real person. I know people that literally have alter egos on Facebook and seem angry 24/7. I guess that is just me but thank god I learned to not look at the news feed no more.

THANK YOU! People act as if random strangers statuses pop up on their newsfeed and mess up their experiences...NO, you either requested or accepted these people who are making your experience with FB crap.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Word. If FB cause you that much angst, don't blame FB, blame yourself and the bum ^@& friends you made
laugh.gif

Conclusion: facebook doesn't sucks, your friends do
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Conclusion: facebook doesn't sucks, your friends do
laugh.gif
Nail on the head. Get new friends famb. 

I wonder what the split was between shares and cash. If it's mostly shares then Facebook itself believes that the are being overvalued.

KIDS  get you  some Internet MOGULS  dreams.....    Not all about hoops dreams    KIDS GETTING BILLIONS & HUndreds of millions  these days.....  

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Zuck's the man. Next up: Twitter?!?

No, Pinterest or Tumblr will probably be next and I'm guessing it's Google that'll buy em.  

But Google is not takin over FB anytime soon in social.  Look at how G+ turned out. 

Originally Posted by Much Respected

I wonder what the split was between shares and cash. If it's mostly shares then Facebook itself believes that the are being overvalued.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
When I say FB sucks it's the site itself. I never said anything about my friends on fb causing me to not like the site. You all went off on a tangent about friends and whatnot when that is not why my experience with fb is not pleasant. At first FB was cool and simple now FB is intrusive, overly saturated with ads, and has no direction as it did before where it was exclusive to just college students. The fact that all someone has to do is "subscribe" to your page and see all your posts without actually being your friend is intrusive. I dislike the site itself not the people i have as friends on FB. This is all just my opinion though, to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom