FAFSA help

is there a separate form I need to fill out for the Cal Grant as well. I haven't done this for a while, so I don't really recall. Anyone know??

^ don't remember, my fam makes WAY more than is required for a cal grant AND i mighjt go out of state.... so cal grants are pointless for me =/

is there system on a different time zone? i just finish filling it out and it says that it was completed at 03/03/09 1:53 was it suppose to be due by 10pacific time?

As far as i know, it was due on march 2nd at 11.59pm PST

please remember its only for cali-heads..

frown.gif

i thought the due date was tomorrow night

can i still get $$$ if i turn it in after the date?

im in college already if that matters

good thing i did mine yesterday
laugh.gif

so i guess i can help you guys out.

1. you can revise it 4-5 days after you submit the form.
2. you just need to submit the form by the deadline in order to get the Cal grant
3. there is no GPA requirement for the FAFSA
4. I believe the salary cap for the FAFSA is around $30-35,000. Any more and they wont give you money.
ohwell.gif

5. Make sure you input all the important information CORRECTLY!!! Mistakes will cost you...

If anyone needs any more help feel free to PM me...

NY Financial Aid is due later, but here's something I found on the site.

[h3]FAFSA Deadlines:[/h3]
Submit 2008-2009 FAFSA on the Web Applications by midnight Central Daylight time, June 30, 2009.
Submit 2009-2010 FAFSA on the WebApplications by midnight Central Daylight time, June 30, 2010

NY- May 1st, 2009 (the website says 2010, but obviously is a typo).

Originally Posted by freshhh

frown.gif

I'm assuming you're in Cali. I think today's deadline is just for the Cal Grant Portion. You can get get the Pell Grant, Loans andother stuff as long as you submit by June. Am I right???

Originally Posted by 2sappy

good thing i did mine yesterday
laugh.gif

so i guess i can help you guys out.

1. you can revise it 4-5 days after you submit the form.
2. you just need to submit the form by the deadline in order to get the Cal grant
3. there is no GPA requirement for the FAFSA
4. I believe the salary cap for the FAFSA is around $30-35,000. Any more and they wont give you money.
ohwell.gif

5. Make sure you input all the important information CORRECTLY!!! Mistakes will cost you...

If anyone needs any more help feel free to PM me...
What do u mean by mistakes will cost, because I had to put in a bunch of bs information.

^ In your case mistakes would not remembering to change some of the BS info you put in before the 4-5 day revision cut off, such as leaving your income as morethan it really is.

Originally Posted by ro0ts

^ In your case mistakes would not remembering to change some of the BS info you put in before the 4-5 day revision cut off, such as leaving your income as more than it really is.
what you said is true, but what i also mean is dont screw up on any of the important questions. i had a friend that accidentally put that he wasan immigrant instead of a US citizen and he didnt get a single penny of aid last year.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

needless to say, he didnt make the same mistake this time around
laugh.gif

you guys got to be careful and if you think that you screwed up. make sure to check and revise after the four day waiting period cuz yo never know...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

frown.gif

I'm assuming you're in Cali. I think today's deadline is just for the Cal Grant Portion. You can get get the Pell Grant, Loans and other stuff as long as you submit by June. Am I right???
if you miss the deadline, you miss out on the cal grant and the pell grant. as long as you finish it, you will get the FAFSA money, which is quitea bit...

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I'm assuming you're in Cali. I think today's deadline is just for the Cal Grant Portion. You can get get the Pell Grant, Loans and other stuff as long as you submit by June. Am I right???
if you miss the deadline, you miss out on the cal grant and the pell grant. as long as you finish it, you will get the FAFSA money, which is quite a bit...

i think both grants denied me last year
laugh.gif

but like the rest of america im in a much different financial situation
tired.gif

ill turn it in tomorrow as planned

Back
Top Bottom