Fair or foul? An active player wearing another team's gear?

Fair or foul? An active player wearing another team's gear?

• Fair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Foul

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Here is the problem I have with this. Nowadays, a lot of these kids are fans of the players first and the teams second. Seeing their favorite player wear the competition's gear will not only drive up sales of the competitor's fan merchandise, but might also lead into the fandom of the competitors.

That's a whole other problem/topic in its own right. That being a fan of individual players rather then actual teams but everything you said is spot on.

if he would of wore a Raider Hat it would be a bigger deal

:lol:

Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Ravens, and rest of NFC West would be no no's to me but this whole situation was overblown. Dude was working out within a week after the Super Bowl trying to get better. I have no doubt towards his commitment to the team and improving.

... it should be frowned upon. They are professional athletes, rocking the competition's gear is unprofessional.
Couldn't have said it better. It doesn't send the right message if you wear the opposition's gear (regardless of conference and division). Not a big deal but just find a non-NFL hat in the same colors. Not that hard nowadays...

*looks at topic again* I HATE this time of year...

I think guys Kaepernick's age (and my age) grew up in the era where wearing jerseys and hats was more of a fashion thing than a team allegiance thing. That has definitely fallen by the wayside to some extent, but I don't blame him for wearing a hat because he likes the colors or the design. That being said, usually when players do this it's for a different sport than the one they play, and it does come across as unprofessional when you are wearing a competitor's gear.

If you are a fan of the home team of course you want your players rocking ********/Capitals/Nationals/Wizards or w/e, but you gotta be realistic and realize that these athletes come from all over and probably grew up cheering for other teams. IMO you can still support the local teams while staying loyal to where you came from, like how KD reps the 'Skins.

Bottom line I don't think it makes him any less of a fan of the team he plays for just because he likes that hat. I am a die hard Skins fan but I almost bought a David Wilson Giants jersey just because he went to my school and I'm a fan of him as a player. Now I wouldn't be caught dead rooting for the Giants to win, but that doesn't mean I don't like a player on that team or can't unbiasedly think that they have nice jerseys.

He is wrong. We as fans pay his salary and he wouldn't be anything without us. He is a member of the 49ers and that's it.
:smh: He's spitting in the face of all us 9er fans doing stuff like that.

LOL boy stop

If its a rival hat, or even a Ravens hat, I get the complaint, but a non rival, not a big deal imo.

This.

Keenan Allen with Raider hat :pimp:

View media item 483500

This idiot here. This is definitely a no-no. smh

Raiders, Cowboys, Giants, Packers, Ravens, and rest of NFC West would be no no's to me but this whole situation was overblown.

Funny. I was talking to my coworker about this and he's a big 9er fan. He said he could've cared less if Kap wore a Rams or Cardinals hat. Said the Seahawks were starting to piss him off so he would've taken slight offense to them. But there's no rivalry whatsoever to the Dolphins.

Now,
Yankee player wearing Red Sox gear?
Celtic player wearing Laker gear?
Eli Manning wearing an Eagles shirt?

Stuff like that... division/arch rival type stuff... NO-NO.

Kap probably picked out that snapback to go with those Atomic Teal Lebrons. Let him cook.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom