Famous Hacker Calls Windows More Secure than Mac Vol. LoL

the fact that Macs dont really have virus's has NOTHING to do with it being secure or not, but because Macs gotta marketshare of only 3-4%.......compared to Windows 94%.

As a hacker, you tell me what OS you'd rather attack...

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

haven't even done any heavy d/l'ing...that being said, i'm coppin a new Macbook Pro this week 
pimp.gif
...some of you dudes sounding REAL salty

well go ahead and drop 2k on 800 dollar hardware. if it helps u sleep at night.
go ahead, spend your 2G. Bring your laptop to starbucks and sit there peeping at people to see if they peep you back for using a macbook, you will get a few looks and you will be just slightly cooler at the end of the day.
and no you wont be getting any viruses. the only thing an apple fanboy knows how to use a computer for is facebook and facebook only.

none of you apple fanboys are professionals at anything that requires a mac. Stop being a poseur, no one thinks you are cool.

at least the Apple fanboys have reason...they buy the products because they like what they're getting...what satisfaction do you get out of hating on somebody elses purchase???
what flavor is da kool-aid you drinking?
is this what you pass off as humor???
ain't workin
Best of all, 99% of us are either ex or even current sneaker heads, where most of us use to discriminate against non Nikes or Jordans.  So I find it kind of ironic that people on the forum will actually make fun of Apple fanboys when most of you guys were or still are Nike fanboys to the fullest.  You yourselves are or were sipping the kool-aid.  I mean hell, I'll admit it myself that I did when I collected and still do when it comes to basketball shoes that I play with.

Microsoft has to invest more in security because they have been the main target of hackers since day one.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

haven't even done any heavy d/l'ing...that being said, i'm coppin a new Macbook Pro this week 
pimp.gif

go ahead, spend your 2G. Bring your laptop to starbucks and sit there peeping at people to see if they peep you back for using a macbook, you will get a few looks and you will be just slightly cooler at the end of the day.
and no you wont be getting any viruses. the only thing an apple fanboy knows how to use a computer for is facebook and facebook only.

none of you apple fanboys are professionals at anything that requires a mac. Stop being a poseur, no one thinks you are cool.

at least the Apple fanboys have reason...they buy the products because they like what they're getting...what satisfaction do you get out of hating on somebody elses purchase???
ain't workin
Best of all, 99% of us are either ex or even current sneaker heads, where most of us use to discriminate against non Nikes or Jordans.  So I find it kind of ironic that people on the forum will actually make fun of Apple fanboys when most of you guys were or still are Nike fanboys to the fullest.  You yourselves are or were sipping the kool-aid.  I mean hell, I'll admit it myself that I did when I collected and still do when it comes to basketball shoes that I play with.
da difference is nike is da leader and undisputed king when it comes to what they do.

apple makes inferior products and charges a premium for nada.

talk to me when reebok makes something remotely as good as a pair of foamposite pennys.

most of these apple fanboy don't DARE to speak of da 90's when it was da certified dark ages for em.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

ain't workin
speak for yourself
I never ever discriminate other brands, I actually respect peeps who rock other brands and I only wear Nikes. I love the way they look but more importantly I love the way they perform. But I have no problems with other people wearing other brands. It aint about the shoes because if you got game, you got game and no one can hate on you. Cant say anything like that for mac users. You can wear the nicest shoes in the world the most rarest and OG but if you are a scrub then you are a scrub and you should not show your face in the court pretending you got game.
I dont even discriminate against variants. You are generalizing sneaker heads based on your own judgment on others. This is proof that you are THE HYPEBEAST. There is no arugment that there is a strong corelation between between being a hypebeast and an apple fanboy. See the analogy yet? Apple fanboys are too stupid to compute and buy their shiny macbooks to pose like they some professional artist. Sad thing is whenever I am in starbucks, all the mac users would only be on facebook. Its a good life for me because I paid way less for my hardware and do way more with it.

I prefer a Windows interface personally, but Mac's are taking over so I got one just to get used to it. But still use my PC more.

pimp.gif

ain't workin
speak for yourself
I never ever discriminate other brands, I actually respect peeps who rock other brands and I only wear Nikes. I love the way they look but more importantly I love the way they perform. But I have no problems with other people wearing other brands. It aint about the shoes because if you got game, you got game and no one can hate on you. Cant say anything like that for mac users. You can wear the nicest shoes in the world the most rarest and OG but if you are a scrub then you are a scrub and you should not show your face in the court pretending you got game.
I dont even discriminate against variants. You are generalizing sneaker heads based on your own judgment on others. This is proof that you are THE HYPEBEAST. There is no arugment that there is a strong corelation between between being a hypebeast and an apple fanboy. See the analogy yet? Apple fanboys are too stupid to compute and buy their shiny macbooks to pose like they some professional artist. Sad thing is whenever I am in starbucks, all the mac users would only be on facebook. Its a good life for me because I paid way less for my hardware and do way more with it.

I agree with most points you state.  I love going to the park and seeing people dressed like NBA players but can't dribble for their life, makes for a good laugh.  I have an apple laptop because I like the way they look and that they run cooler than 95% of windows laptops I've tested with have similar specs.  If I was building a powerhouse for gaming or other stuff I'd build myself a PC tower without question.  And I never have had a problem with PCs.  Rarely used a virus protection, but have yet to ever get a virus on my windows systems.  Windows has it's pros, but so does Mac OS.  Many of the Mac haters never really played around with Macs to the point to understand, that's what I personally hate.

And I'm not a hypebeast, sorry.  Good try though.

The thing I dont understand is if you can buy a pc and run OS x on it then why not just do that instead of wasting an extra $1000. So many people do this @ss backwards and buy a mac and put windows on it.
Bottom line is, there is no real reason to buy a mac

Apple doesn't focus so much on security due to the fact that not enough people use it for hackers to bother. But if you think someone cant be hacked on a mac then your wrong, its just a lot more private.

Apple's approach to security is the fact that its Unix base which in theory is more secure but that argument is very old and at this point in time is not hold relevant.

I think apple's success will only attract hackers to forcus on macs and in the next 10 years you will see viruses, trojans, bots and adware.

Apple makes inferior products? How so?

Yeah I agree Apple's prices are absurd but to say they're an inferior product to what, a PC? Nah.

I'm on a Mac right now and I prefer my PC over the Mac. Only reason why I'm using my Mac is because my PC's in the shop.

Believe it or not, i've yet to have a virus on my windows vista pc.

Seriously though, they're just computers. I barely use mine except when home, this motorola droid is proving to be an all-in-one device like no other.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Yeah I agree Apple's prices are absurd but to say they're an inferior product to what, a PC? Nah.

Come on..macbooks are still coming with core 2 duo processors in the 13" models

Those cpu's came out in mid 06..yet you're still gonna pay a premium for that laptop.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Those cpu's came out in mid 06..yet you're still gonna pay a premium for that laptop.
smh.gif

I'm not going to defend them but the explanation was because the integrated graphics chip in the i5s and i3s are straight doodoo.  They are still like half the speed of the old 9400M GPUs that were in the previous versions.  And I don't know if you've read about the nVidia and Intel suites that came about back in 08.  So they pumped the processor speed and put a new GPU.  I agree, I wouldn't pay for those either, they are overpriced for what they provide. 

Only thing I find funny that people refuse to acknowledge.  Why are Apples usually tested to run Windows, and run  it faster and better than PCs with slightly higher specs.  That one you can't defend, sorry.

smh.gif

I'm not going to defend them but the explanation was because the integrated graphics chip in the i5s and i3s are straight doodoo.  They are still like half the speed of the old 9400M GPUs that were in the previous versions.  And I don't know if you've read about the nVidia and Intel suites that came about back in 08.  So they pumped the processor speed and put a new GPU.  I agree, I wouldn't pay for those either, they are overpriced for what they provide. 

Only thing I find funny that people refuse to acknowledge.  Why are Apples usually tested to run Windows, and run  it faster and better than PCs with slightly higher specs.  That one you can't defend, sorry.

Simple solution..make the laptop an inch thicker and/or lose the dvd drive.

If anything, prices should've dropped since they're still using an old cpu. There's no reason 1 should pay 1200+ for dated hardware.

smh.gif

Simple solution..make the laptop an inch thicker and/or lose the dvd drive.

If anything, prices should've dropped since they're still using an old cpu. There's no reason 1 should pay 1200+ for dated hardware.

But then you take away the aesthetics.  Part of the lure of a macbook is how thin and light it is compared to other laptops in their categories. 

And I agree, functionality > aesthetics, but to many people and to Apple designers, aesthetics are part of the selling point.  For example.

Why buy a Lambo Gallardo when for half the price I can get a Corvette that goes just as fast and actually a little bit faster?  See what I'm saying, these sorts of debates will never end. 

I'm pretty sure every thread that has the word MAC in it turns into the mac vs pc world.

I dowload music on the regular.

My computer (a PC) prob has 10000000 viruses its also 5 years old (made it all the way through college)

I use it for one purpose and that's to download music. When it stops being able to do that i will buy another 700 dollar pc to do that same thing.

This topic wasn't needed.

You've got:

Apple haters coming in with the "y'all gonna get it soon" pitch. They won't. EVER.

Macbook Converts who crashed their Windows machine over 20 times because of the p0rn/music/p2p downloads they initiated. Somehow Windows is at fault for that.

Those who've accepted the fact that Macs aren't really secure or superior and live anyway.

The guys who're gonna buy the Macbook and still NS.

The rest.

Their best product by far right now is either the iPhone or Time Capsule/Machine.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

This topic wasn't needed.

You've got:

Apple haters coming in with the "y'all gonna get it soon" pitch. They won't. EVER.

Macbook Converts who crashed their Windows machine over 20 times because of the p0rn/music/p2p downloads they initiated. Somehow Windows is at fault for that.

Those who've accepted the fact that Macs aren't really secure or superior and live anyway.

The guys who're gonna buy the Macbook and still NS.

The rest.

Their best product by far right now is either the iPhone or Time Capsule/Machine.
Exactly. I don't see why anyone cares what laptop the next person is using. Dudes in here losing their temper over what laptop someone they don't even know is using. 

Back
Top Bottom