FAT Shaming

I’m fat and don’t even know what it means
1588549512818.png

This differs from culture to culture, especially regarding women. Coming from a culture that deems big girls “healthy”, “thick”, the angle of what is fat, is subjective. However, that does come through patriarchy, then is a way that men can indeed control women and their self image. In the white community the standard of beauty is quite harmful to white women. You have quacks like Donald Trump thinking that they are the arbiters of beauty, and other truly disheveled and unkempt individuals, thinking that they set rules on all things acceptable. Screw them and reverse it on them.

This differs from culture to culture, especially regarding women. Coming from a culture that deems big girls “healthy”, “thick”, the angle of what is fat, is subjective. However, that does come through patriarchy, then is a way that men can indeed control women and their self image. In the white community the standard of beauty is quite harmful to white women. You have quacks like Donald Trump thinking that they are the arbiters of beauty, and other truly disheveled and unkempt individuals, thinking that they set rules on all things acceptable. Screw them and reverse it on them.
"thick" has almost become too charitable of a word, especially in the south.

Elaborate.

It’s a thing. People try to shame others for being healthy. Now, it doesn’t have the same emotional effect that fat-shaming does, but it’s just as annoying.

People act as though because you choose to eat clean and/or workout, that you don’t get any enjoyment out of life. And then there’s all these other assumptions they attribute to you.

It’s a thing. People try to shame others for being healthy. Now, it doesn’t have the same emotional effect that fat-shaming does, but it’s just as annoying.

People act as though because you choose to eat clean and/or workout, that you don’t get any enjoyment out of life. And then there’s all these other assumptions they attribute to you.
Oh so similar to how vegetarians tend to be frowned upon. yeah it's definitely a thing.
I get that, it has replaced the term healthy, but cats like what they like....women as well.
no doubt, but ppl will try to force that thicke stuff on u & get mad when u don't go along.

Oh so similar to how vegetarians tend to be frowned upon. yeah it's definitely a thing.

no doubt, but ppl will try to force that thicke stuff on u & get mad when u don't go along.
Yes, I get that as well, shamed for having abs at a certain age. Had a sister in Durham NC three months ago tell me that my wife wasn’t doing the right thing, through letting me remain fit. She said she’d fatten me up, but I get it, it is their culture.

What do you mean screw them, reverse it on them?

What do you mean screw them, reverse it on them?
Yup. For example, forums like this would be incredibly uncomfortable for a certain type of man, if they were in this sort of forum posting pics of Idris with a hard on, while wearing pants.

I leave fat people alone, it's not my issue and who am I to tell them how to live their life. I'm cool with too many overweight people to even classify them as "inferior' like other folks do.

I leave fat people alone, it's not my issue and who am I to tell them how to live their life. I'm cool with too many overweight people to even classify them as "inferior' like other folks do.
In general I agree but when you get my 600lb life fat, like that couple who ordered 8 pies of pizza for their fam and returned with 5 then they need some help

Everything’s off limits huh? Making fun of fat people is funny. Only situation might be if someone has some disease which makes a person fat

everything’s funny to a point. I make fun of everything but I won’t if you not fighting back. some folks emotions can’t hold up.

I hate that certain stuff gets you labeled as -phobic or like you hate whatever group you’re talking about tho 🥱

In general I agree but when you get my 600lb life fat, like that couple who ordered 8 pies of pizza for their fam and returned with 5 then they need some help
Maybe, but I still it doesn't personally bother me like it does for others. It's no secret than being an "acceptable" may bring health benefits, but sometimes it's more challanging for folks to lose weight based on culture, genetics, health conditions, healthy food availability, etc. Too many variables for me to assume it's fair that folks judge them instantaneously.

Maybe, but I still it doesn't personally bother me like it does for others. It's no secret than being an "acceptable" may bring health benefits, but sometimes it's more challanging for folks to lose weight based on culture, genetics, health conditions, healthy food availability, etc. Too many variables for me to assume it's fair that folks judge them instantaneously.
It’s ultimately up to fat people to make the decision to improve themselves, in the majority of the cases it’s doable.

Back
Top Bottom