FAT Shaming

I lost a lot of weight cause of this whole epidemic. Quit smoking too. Fear can lead you to do amazing things. When the NBA shut down I was knee deep into the virus thread and saw a video of a young smoker with rona who couldn't breath. Video scared me to death so I quit cold turkey that day. Then I started hearing about how overweight ppl were getting hit hard so I decided to stop eating junk food and limited sweets to 1 day a week. I started walking my dog 5 times a day along with some walks without him as well.

One day I was walking and it started raining so I tried to run home. I could barley go 1 block. So I decided to start jogging the next day. At first I could only go 1 block. Then I would go a block, stop, and go another. Eventually I would get to running alot without having to stop. I made it a goal to never run less than what I ran the day before and now I'm at 2 miles every night nonstop. Only took a 1 day break a week ago cause it was raining.

I now only eat 2 times a day, once at noon and once at 7pm and then I'll run at 10pm. I'll have a banana and some nuts in-between the meals and after the run.

I don't know exactly how much weight I lost cause I don't use a scale but I do go by my belt holes. I've gone down 4 notches in 3 months and I'm about a week away from one more notch (the last one on my belt). Strange as it sounds, this whole epidemic has been a blessing (so far, knock on wood). A real eye opener to how much I let myself go back then. Gonna do everything I can to keep the weight off and keep pushing.
Congrats

Can we also discuss fit-shaming in here?

Elaborate.

It’s a thing. People try to shame others for being healthy.

:rofl:
People are funny man.

giphy.gif

I lost a lot of weight cause of this whole epidemic. Quit smoking too. Fear can lead you to do amazing things. When the NBA shut down I was knee deep into the virus thread and saw a video of a young smoker with rona who couldn't breath. Video scared me to death so I quit cold turkey that day. Then I started hearing about how overweight ppl were getting hit hard so I decided to stop eating junk food and limited sweets to 1 day a week. I started walking my dog 5 times a day along with some walks without him as well.

One day I was walking and it started raining so I tried to run home. I could barley go 1 block. So I decided to start jogging the next day. At first I could only go 1 block. Then I would go a block, stop, and go another. Eventually I would get to running alot without having to stop. I made it a goal to never run less than what I ran the day before and now I'm at 2 miles every night nonstop. Only took a 1 day break a week ago cause it was raining.

I now only eat 2 times a day, once at noon and once at 7pm and then I'll run at 10pm. I'll have a banana and some nuts in-between the meals and after the run.

I don't know exactly how much weight I lost cause I don't use a scale but I do go by my belt holes. I've gone down 4 notches in 3 months and I'm about a week away from one more notch (the last one on my belt). Strange as it sounds, this whole epidemic has been a blessing (so far, knock on wood). A real eye opener to how much I let myself go back then. Gonna do everything I can to keep the weight off and keep pushing.
:pimp: :pimp:

Dope!! Quitting cigs was hard af man, congrats!! It opened up my appetite, thank God for the gym though :lol:

Good **** my dude. I love to hear stories about people who bettered themselves in quarantine during the pandemic. Keep up the good work Brodie :nthat:

It reminds me of when I was young, my brother once punched a hole in a wall cause I ate his last frozen burrito. And then my parents punched a hole in him when they came home lol.

Why did he punch a wall instead of you?

Living with someone you definitely have to have communication about this. My BF will eat everything in the house but he knows not to eat my specific ice cream but if he ever wanted to i would let him no big deal. Lucky for me we don't like the same type LOL. I buy snacks i know he wont eat or if its something we both like we make sure to buy enough. Nothing is worse than coming home to find something you have been thinking about is gone like good leftovers

Qtine got me running instead of gymming since they’re closed obviously and I have noticed some muscle mass leaving me. My old fashioned mom doesn’t see it when I say I’m thicc swole/“muscle weighs more than fat” and is glad I’ve lost weight. Yes the scale is the highest numbers in my life but I’m the most fit I’ve ever been:stoneface: 0]

also this is an example of fit shaming

honesty bros, i thought long & hard about this but f fat *****es...the world is gotten too sawft. if you fat & somebody try to shame you for your body, then tell that mf that you are FAT & PROUD. if you aren't fat & proud, then do something to change your body. I don't wanna hear anything about genetic or whatever BS because that happens to a very, very small percentage of the people in the world.

Anyone see that Community episode, Dungeons & Dragons. Its crazy because I was watching the other day, but got distracted from watching the end of it. So the next day, I went to return to the episode on Netflix and it was pulled! The episode's premise was basically trying to reconcile with "Fat Neil". The episode also featured Ken Jeong's character in black face.

That's one of the best episodes of any show ever. Companies doing **** black folks didn't ask for is just more of them not actually listening to us and determining what's best for the black community with meaningless gestures.

Not to derail, it was a weird inclusion of the character Chang. Was it stated that that is the reason for the removal? By the way, I was in no way offended. Back to the episode, it was pretty good. It dealt with the possible heavy consequences of fat shaming.

Reminds me of an aurgument my wife and had. We buy Ice Cream, she buys pint of chocolate mint and get I half of gallon of buttered pecan because I don't like chocolate mint and she doesn't like buttered pecan. WE sit down and eat our ice cream and she finishes her pint in one sitting. I barely put a dent in my buttered pecan. The next night, i find her curled up on the couch eating my buttered pecan. I'm like WTF, just yesterday she was talking how discussing it is and now she's trying to polish off my buttered pecan. I was pissed. I found it gluttonous and contradictory. It was clear she had no self control and would eating anything in sight. We talked it out and I have lost 10 lbs and she has lost 6 lbs.

Thoughts アミーゴ アミーゴ . ????

If it weren’t an issue that affects kids, I wouldn’t care about “fat shaming”

Back
Top Bottom