FAT Shaming

In 1985 none of the main four US carriers offered a seat less than 19 inches wide.

Since the 1990s, the width of most airplane seats shrunk from 18 inches to 16 inches, and the distance between seat backs decreased from 35 inches to sometimes less than 28.

Smaller seats = More seats per plane, train, or bus = lower cost per seat:

1689445350600.png

I'm old enough to remember flying on Pan Am in the 80s as a kid.

Today's flying experience is more like a Greyhound bus with wings by comparison.
Again - I agree with the last part and that seats have gotten less wide as you mentioned but you simply aren’t adding a significant amount of seats that way. Seats are generally smaller in more narrow parts of the fuselage (front and back) so you can stick some there in lieu of lavatories or larger lavatories but as you semi-acknowledged and as I stated, it’s mostly going to be a function of pitch.

And the 28 inch pitch you mentioned is utilized by low cost carriers so you are kind of getting what you pay for anyway. AA talked about going down to 29” and there was a major uproar so they stuck with 30” but 32” like in the Southwest configuration is tons of space in this day and age :lol:

Again - I agree with the last part and that seats have gotten less wide as you mentioned but you simply aren’t adding a significant amount of seats that way. Seats are generally smaller in more narrow parts of the fuselage (front and back) so you can stick some there in lieu of lavatories or larger lavatories but as you semi-acknowledged and as I stated, it’s mostly going to be a function of pitch.

And the 28 inch pitch you mentioned is utilized by low cost carriers so you are kind of getting what you pay for anyway. AA talked about going down to 29” and there was a major uproar so they stuck with 30” but 32” like in the Southwest configuration is tons of space in this day and age :lol:

In my mind, it's as simple as lifting the armrest and charging half-off the adjacent seat for passengers who cannot fit comfortably in a single seat.

1689693421312.png

Low key EYE want to see 10-15lb of weight gain to see if it lands on the mass and bitties.

Only a matter of time.

Greyhound and Amtrak are watching closely.

Smaller seats = More seats per plane, train, or bus = lower cost per seat

Larger seats = Fewer seats per plane, train, or bus = higher cost per seat

It all comes down to revenue.

Are smaller folks willing to pay more to travel so that larger folks can be comfortable?

or

Are larger folks willing to pay more to travel so that larger folks can be comfortable?

Either way, "Pay like you weigh" is taking on a whole new meaning.

Buying one seat with 50% off the adjacent seat seems to be a workable compromise for the industry and larger customers...at least in my mind.

I’m assuming there’s other **** going on that led to them breaking up, but that’s weak as hell to post someone’s messages like that… especially when they’re not even being mean :lol:
Probably, but she’s a loser for breaking up like up like this. From the text I can’t even come up with a another issue this guy would be in.

Back
Top Bottom