Fathers come in vol 7 pounds 11 oz 21 inches

Been in this hospital for damn near 12 hrs and she only 5cm they just broke her water $%%% taking forever

Did you have to wait long?

How did you pass the time?

Did you ever head south to view the mother land?

Been in this hospital for damn near 12 hrs and she only 5cm they just broke her water $%%% taking forever

Did you have to wait long?

How did you pass the time?

Did you ever head south to view the mother land?

Sometimes takes a while.

5cm though - shouldn't be more than a few hours.

With our first we were in and out a couple of times - my wife felt it starting but they told us to go home. Went for a pizza instead and we were back within a few hours and it was all over not long after that.

Can't remember the other ones but they seemed quicker.

My wife swears by some special tea she got - can never remember the name though.

Sometimes takes a while.

5cm though - shouldn't be more than a few hours.

With our first we were in and out a couple of times - my wife felt it starting but they told us to go home. Went for a pizza instead and we were back within a few hours and it was all over not long after that.

Can't remember the other ones but they seemed quicker.

My wife swears by some special tea she got - can never remember the name though.

Time will pass slow until the baby is out then it will go quick. It is a crazy feeling, you'll see.
Congratz, hope it is healthy and well...

welcome to the club.

-Out

Time will pass slow until the baby is out then it will go quick. It is a crazy feeling, you'll see.
Congratz, hope it is healthy and well...

welcome to the club.

-Out

If your lady is ok with it, you should try and get some sleep because trust me once that baby is here sleep is gone. Our first baby took a while but once we hit that 5cm mark it went pretty fast. No I didn't look down there once my mother in law did, whenever someone would yell push I'd join in with the encouragement.

If your lady is ok with it, you should try and get some sleep because trust me once that baby is here sleep is gone. Our first baby took a while but once we hit that 5cm mark it went pretty fast. No I didn't look down there once my mother in law did, whenever someone would yell push I'd join in with the encouragement.

Coming up on 14 hrs and nothing

And yea I'm getting sleep buts like 15 mins here and there people keep walking in and out

Coming up on 14 hrs and nothing

And yea I'm getting sleep buts like 15 mins here and there people keep walking in and out

Sig put into affect i see.

Congrats though...if i remember correctly it took about 13-14hrs. for mine. I slept for a total of around 2hrs.
Try to be as attentive to her as you can. Yes i took a few looks down south.
Good luck.

Sig put into affect i see.

Congrats though...if i remember correctly it took about 13-14hrs. for mine. I slept for a total of around 2hrs.
Try to be as attentive to her as you can. Yes i took a few looks down south.
Good luck.

Once her water's broken, it will speed up, bleeedat. I took my wife in when her contractions were 1min apart, she was about 4-5cm, they broke her water, I went to drop my rental car off since I was comin from school for the summer, when I got back (approx 30min) she was at 8cm. I was like %+!.

We went in around 7am, my dauther was born at 2:26p

Once her water's broken, it will speed up, bleeedat. I took my wife in when her contractions were 1min apart, she was about 4-5cm, they broke her water, I went to drop my rental car off since I was comin from school for the summer, when I got back (approx 30min) she was at 8cm. I was like %+!.

We went in around 7am, my dauther was born at 2:26p

Will be going thru this is January
smokin.gif
just be there for her man and tell her she looks gorgeous it should happen in no time. Good luck OP
pimp.gif

Will be going thru this is January
smokin.gif
just be there for her man and tell her she looks gorgeous it should happen in no time. Good luck OP
pimp.gif

Both births, I smashed like a wild animal the night she was ready to deliver. The day before, both times she got ocd and started cleaning everything (nesting) so I knew it was time to lay the pipe down.

We were in and out of the delivery room both times. The only thing we really had to wait for was the doctor to show up...
eyes.gif
Dudes must get extra pay for being in the damn room at the time and touching the baby or some **!% .

Congrats btw. All you can do is wait now though.

Both births, I smashed like a wild animal the night she was ready to deliver. The day before, both times she got ocd and started cleaning everything (nesting) so I knew it was time to lay the pipe down.

We were in and out of the delivery room both times. The only thing we really had to wait for was the doctor to show up...
eyes.gif
Dudes must get extra pay for being in the damn room at the time and touching the baby or some **!% .

Congrats btw. All you can do is wait now though.

For my son (who turns 2 tomorrow - he missed his delivery date by 28 minutes, born @ 12:28AM on July 16 instead of the prediction of July 15) it took 10 hours of labor; 3 days prior my wife's water was actually leaking, not "broke" but the nurses said to "go home, you'll be fine"

We ended up taking her to a large shopping mall to walk around, try to get her contractions going... My wife did not trust the nurses' info so we went to her OB/GYN doctor who said "Why the F are you NOT in the hospital, your son is losing his water"

His head was "anteriorly presented" (aka "stuck") so my wife's pushing was all for nothing even w/the epidural
frown.gif
... She was @ 10cm throughout most of it but my boy inherited my skull size... Still recall my wife saying half-joking, "It's all your fault"

Went to C-section decision ASAP after they considered using forceps. My wife was crying since she did want to go the C-section route but we had no choice... Baby had to come out somehow.
That took like what seemed like an eternity even though it was only 20-35 minutes IIRC...

To add to the anticipation I had a nurse delaying because they had trouble finding me XXL scrubs to fit over my street clothes (came straight from work)

I did not look although I was tempted to peek over the blue curtain - when he was finally pulled out I thanked my wife & went over where the doctors were checking up on my boy... I got to cut his umbilical cord (if you do it, come correct, because it'll be like cutting through tough garden hose)

That was almost 2 years now today as I type this...
smile.gif
Blessed by God for my family.

Oh yeah, forgot, how'd I pass the time? Spent the time calling & texting family & friends, fanning my wife, keeping her distracted, going for coffee, feeding her ice chips to cool her down, thanking her for everything...

GOOD LUCK & congrats man, life is changed as you know it (for the better)

Keep us updated

Back
Top Bottom