Favorite Video games this generation

i used to be able to play video games for hoooours. wish i still could. i never thought i'd lose the love i had for video games but i did. i used to camp out for systems. i lasted 10 minutes last night on halo 4. only thing i got light weight addicted to for a minute was FIFA. :pimp:

iLLest!
you sound just like me man , i can only play any ame now for like 20 mins and i get bored, i wish i never sold my xbox, ps3 games are terrible

It's a pretty bad era IMO. Too many unoriginal FPS, not enough good platformers, not enough games that put an emphasis on single player mode. It will be remembered as the Internet age and companies cashing out on DLC. And awesome graphics

MGS
Assasins creed
Excellent hockey games. And the show is great from what I hear
KZ2 was nice when it came out
The first dedspace
Bio shock series

little big planet and heavy rain get points for creativity

That's about it for me. Some good games on the horizon supposedly.

The PS2 era takes a steaming pile of crap on this one

Last edited:
Far Cry 3 is near the top of the list. Been enjoying this game nonstop.  I find myself just getting lost in the jungle hunting animals or wandering around attacking random enemy zones and not even caring about the story. This is my favorite shooter of the year hands down and possibly the game of the year for me.

COD 4/MW2 to a lesser degree
GTA IV
Left 4 Dead/L4D2
Portal/Portal 2
Batman Arkham City

Last edited:
Gears of War 2 - playing Guardian with a full lobby was the best, even with glitches
Halo 3 - so many endless custom matches with friends, campaign was lots of fun
Fallout 3 - most expansive game I've ever played

MW2 and MGS4 for me. Admittedly I haven't played as large a variety of games this gen as I did in previous generations.

Add in Fifa 09 and 2K11 as well

Last edited:
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 2
Fallout 3
Skyrim
First Modern Warfare, current COD is basura

Last edited:
dudes naming sports games ...
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
lol theyre the same every damn year...

tecmo bowl now that was ill...
smokin.gif

Besides the obvious one, I really dug the Saboteur = great mix between GTA (open world) and Assassin Creed (Climbing and Sneaking Around) set in Black & White Paris during WWII with shades of Red for blood with color showing when you liberate an area of Paris :smokin

View media item 167602View media item 167603View media item 167604http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/04/the.saboteur.040109-580px.jpg[/img[
[GALLERY="media, 167605"][/GALLERY]
[GALLERY="media, 167606"][/GALLERY]
[GALLERY="media, 167607"][/GALLERY]

Killing Nazis :smokin

Last edited:
Halo 3 got me in to playing FPS multiplayer
Saints Row 2 online multiplayer was too fun, me and my man still play today
GTA4 used to get greasy
2K11
Madden 11 GOD my online record was ridiculous

i didn't buy as much games this generation compared to the last generation (xbox, playstation2, gamecube)

but my favorite were halo 3
and
Burnout Revenge
View media item 167599View media item 167600
Battlefield 3
cod: mw1
bioshock
Skate
Ninja Gaiden 2
Left for dead

definitely had more memories with the last generation though

Last edited: