Fiji Water: Is it worth the price and hype.

Originally Posted by Kramer

No bottled water is worth the price

How I feel about water a lot of times. Whenever I have a bottled water, I love Voss. I also like SmartWater and Dasani.

Originally Posted by Kramer

No bottled water is worth the price

How I feel about water a lot of times. Whenever I have a bottled water, I love Voss. I also like SmartWater and Dasani.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Short answer: No.
Long answer: No.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by versache530

marketing....it's just water. you can pay $4 and think you "doin it" if you want to. not me.
Yea because whatever costs the most is the best. Just funny that people don't reject this idea more.

Originally Posted by versache530

marketing....it's just water. you can pay $4 and think you "doin it" if you want to. not me.
Yea because whatever costs the most is the best. Just funny that people don't reject this idea more.

Meanwhile, the country's citizens struggle with terrible poverty, hunger and squalid conditions. The only part of the story that Fiji Water has not yet repeated is the inevitable depletion of the resource -- in this case, a 17-mile-long aquifer to which Fiji Water has "near-exclusive access" -- and the subsequent abandonment of the country.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
What makes this story so difficult to swallow is how eagerly the U.S. seems to have embraced Fiji's co-owners Stewart and Lynda Resnick. On this side of the Pacific, the pair cheerfully line the pockets of any political figure in sight (they supported both McCain and Obama in the past election) while selling Fiji's best, cleanest water at a huge profit. On the other side of the ocean, the people of Fiji suffer under terrible water conditions that have led to outbreaks of typhoid and parasitic infections.
Update: A spokesman for Roll International Corporation, the parent company of Fiji Water, contactedDailyFinance, claiming that there are factual errors in the piece. Roll International maintains that Fiji Water is not profitable, and that the company does not receive subsidies from the state of California.
[/font]

Meanwhile, the country's citizens struggle with terrible poverty, hunger and squalid conditions. The only part of the story that Fiji Water has not yet repeated is the inevitable depletion of the resource -- in this case, a 17-mile-long aquifer to which Fiji Water has "near-exclusive access" -- and the subsequent abandonment of the country.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
What makes this story so difficult to swallow is how eagerly the U.S. seems to have embraced Fiji's co-owners Stewart and Lynda Resnick. On this side of the Pacific, the pair cheerfully line the pockets of any political figure in sight (they supported both McCain and Obama in the past election) while selling Fiji's best, cleanest water at a huge profit. On the other side of the ocean, the people of Fiji suffer under terrible water conditions that have led to outbreaks of typhoid and parasitic infections.
Update: A spokesman for Roll International Corporation, the parent company of Fiji Water, contactedDailyFinance, claiming that there are factual errors in the piece. Roll International maintains that Fiji Water is not profitable, and that the company does not receive subsidies from the state of California.
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom