Filipino Culture Thread

Most unknown Filipino.

tim-tebow-782285022cd127ff.jpg
lol yeah, dual-citizenship baby!

Good Filipino food I’ve had in SoCal(LA and The valley)

Sari Sari
Max’s
Ninongs
BigBoi
DJ Bibingkahan(West Covina branch)
Kusina Ni Lola

There used to be great turo turo places but a lot of them closed and most of the places on Vermont in LA suck

I still need to try Rice Bar in DTLA
Thanks for the list.

Need to check this out. I don't eat Filipino a lot. But sometimes, I crave it. There's a turo turo spot here in Mission Viejo/Lake Forest and it's not great.

filipino food is very slept on compared to other cultures... the food is just not popular in the general public...and the crazy thing is the food at mom and pops joints are crazy overpriced for a small serving :smh:

Yeah, Eddie Huang did an episode on his Youtube channel about Filipino food and of course, he wasn't THAT impressed compared to other Asian delicacies. But hey, we can't please a lot of people :lol:

ANYWAY! Checking in, mga tropa! Mag-ingat kayo palagi.

Las Piñas -> Boston, MA (from hot to cold REAL TALK)

I've been lurking for awhile back and I believe we have some Pinoy mods here on NT.

People love to believe this but the 2 most sought after pairs of AJ1s are the Frags and SBBs, neither of which are OG.

OGs are great, but to completely dismiss these bred toes is a mistake. Same goes for the Royal toe, frag clones coming up too.

29E20CB4-C94B-450D-B64F-DA0ACEFFBE3D.png

Just had Max’s in glendale yesterday.

So who’s the hottest Filipina right now?

pia of course... that shouldnt even be a question :lol:

Guys can you post the hottest full Filipina/non artista from your IG?

I feel like Paloma Esmeria should be high up on a lot of NTer's lists. *laughs

-Drew

To name a few:

- Pia Wurtzbach
- Liza Soberano
- Yassi Pressman
- Louise Delos Reyes (full)
- Solenn Heusaff
- Kathryn Bernardo (full)
- Nadine Lustre (full)
- Myrtle Sarrosa (full)
- Jennelyn Mercado (full)
- Marian Rivera
- Kim Domingo (not sure)
- Sheena Halili (full)
- Cara Eriguel (full)
- Jessy Mendiola

Actually, a lot of the good looking celebrities are discovered by GMA and have great careers when they transfer to ABS-CBN

I haven’t been back home since 2010. Parents and brother are going back this summer but I don’t think I can go because I’ll be starting a new position with my job most likely.

I'm Vietnamese but my parents left Vietnam on a small *** boat & made it to Coron Palawan. It took 5 days & 5 nights to reach the Philippines. The locals were very poor but very hospitaple. The 1st meal the villagers brought was fish, rice, & coffee. Anyone know what it is called? I want to show my parents.

If you guys want traditional filipino hand tapped tattoos, follow @lanewilcken on IG, he tours the US and does pop up events i think.

BTW this what us Visayans looked like pre-colonial times, the Spanish initially called us Las Islas Pintados.

Pintados20141012.gif

Western Visayas checking in

Speaking of that picture, I needa cop a copy of The Boxer Codex

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_Codex

Back
Top Bottom