Filipino Culture Thread

Scrolling through general late at night and I come across this thread! Didnt even know this existed. Any Filipino food spots in Philly?

Yessir! First time we ordered from them in years.

It was pretty damned good today. Definitely not disappointed.

20180617_135158_HDR.jpg

And the aftermath
20180617_174511.jpg

Awesome! That does look perfect right there :pimp:

Phil Am is pretty cool. When we were growing up on that block my little sister would take things without paying and my dad would come by and pay when he gets home from work

Then one day they had different employees and they stopped her from leaving without paying. She was so confused. She had thought all the stuff in the store was free for her :lol:

/endrandomstory

Phil Am is pretty cool. When we were growing up on that block my little sister would take things without paying and my dad would come by and pay when he gets home from work

Then one day they had different employees and they stopped her from leaving without paying. She was so confused. She had thought all the stuff in the store was free for her :lol:

/endrandomstory

Lol that’s hilarious

/endrandomstory

Pics of sister???

jk

I'll settle for pics of the girls you're about to bag though :nerd:

/endrandomstory
Yet still no pics of your sister.

Yeah, Phil-Am is pretty good. Theres another store on 69th St but not as good as Phil-Am and ironically a spot in Astoria on 30th Ave but Phil-Am has everything.

For the American-born in here, how well do you speak/understand Tagalog? I was born and raised in Jersey but I understand almost fluently but admittedly my speaking is poor.

Last edited:
For the American-born in here, how well do you speak/understand Tagalog? I was born and raised in Jersey but I understand almost fluentlyl but admittedly my speaking is poor.

I can understand Tagalog and Illocano very well. Speaking is very broken up and slow.

Reactions: Ube
For the American-born in here, how well do you speak/understand Tagalog? I was born and raised in Jersey but I understand almost fluentlyl but admittedly my speaking is poor.

Born here, can understand almost 90% except slang and when its spoken fast. Theres a good podcast on iTunes with some videos that I watch and when you go back home and stay for more than a few weeks, you begin to pick up alot.

Reactions: Ube
For the American-born in here, how well do you speak/understand Tagalog? I was born and raised in Jersey but I understand almost fluently but admittedly my speaking is poor.

I can understand Tagalong/Visaya pretty well, but can't speak it if my life depended on it.

Been here since I was two. Can speak and understand, but not the deep tagalog stuff like they be using in those filipino drama tv series. LOL

my accent needs work, i sound horrible speaking it but i can converse.

When i was younger and would date, the girl's lolas would love me... LOL

As you guys surely know, there's different dialects like tagalog visaya etc

Well today I was totally in the dark that my mom knew a dialect besides tagalog.. A coworker who knows my mom was telling me about how she and my mom was conversing in ilocano once

Had never heard my mom speak ilocano in all the years I've lived... Don't even know how it sounds like. I guess she just never had a reason to speak it?

Just a random story. Carry on

Our fam moved to the US when I was 3. I can sorta understand but I'll sound like a 3 yr old trynna speak any dialect. I wish I was fluent. I asked my parents to speak Tagalog to my 1yr old son so he can be multilingual

Back
Top Bottom