Filipino Culture Thread

Yeah, so if anyone has a connect back to the homeland and can get me a Nike Gilas shirt, please let me know.

I went to the phils 3 times last year. I haven't seen any Nike Pilipinas/Gilas gear at the Nike stores (century mall, greenbelt) in a long time. Kinda stupid because i'm sure lots of balikbayans like me would scoop up the gear like crazy.

I had some shorts from 2008. I dont wear anymore because the length is below the knees.

Yea I asked my parents to bring me back a jersey but they said they didn't see any anywhere.

Talkin downtown manilla

Yeah, so if anyone has a connect back to the homeland and can get me a Nike Gilas shirt, please let me know.

Havent see any jersey yet from what ive seen so far havent been in much though sad cause its fiba world cup qualifiers right now and wed be facing the boomers here with maker and delavadova on monday Ive seen some drifit and those cheap printed tshirt with pilpinas basketball tho

damn thon maker floating
lots of punches thrown.
was that andray blatche throwing down

Ya Andray Blatche was naturalized I think 3-4 years ago.
Does anyone have any video of the warmups the coach is talking about?

Also, was in Manila in April and went all over the place trying to find a Gilas Nike tshirt.
Nothing. Kinda dumb, but I'm sure they'll pop up if they end up qualifying for the World Cup.

I'd like to know if anything was happening before the initial 2 elbows by the Filipino player in the highlights.

Both teams was playing physical, Their star player was showboating up by 30 the one that drew the offensive foul, Before tip off Aussie confronted Gilas too, they also took out stickers of sponsors logos of gilas on court when they were practicing without asking.

Not defending Gilas but its both their fault.

Last edited:
^I agree. Both are at fault. Seeing Twitter folks from both countries argue the issue is interesting.

Jayson William with that flying off hand punch :lol: :smh:

Stupid all around. That elbow by Kickert to Pogoy was serious though that threw the whole thing into 5th gear.

If we gotta blame someone it should be the coaching staff tho, didnt control his players, I understand Blatche and William's action a normally composed guy.

Had they control their players it would be on the Humphries/Rondo fight level or the Melo denver fight but instead got theirselves a Malice in Palace esque fight. Now I understand why NBA has that bench fighting decorum.

Every Filipino basketball coach I’ve seen clips of pba or Gilas were hotheads, like they got little man syndrome so I’m not surprised they let em loose

Every Filipino basketball coach I’ve seen clips of pba or Gilas were hotheads, like they got little man syndrome so I’m not surprised they let em loose
One reason why I don't want to play in a Filipino Rec League.

Well the one I did find in SoCal, I can't even play in because I'm not under 5'9 :smh:

Back
Top Bottom