Filipino Culture Thread

The Trader Joe's version is good. Haven't had Magnolia or the Mitchell's version in a while. Magnolia ice cream is airy though. Can't stand ice cream that's too soft.

Going back about 30 pages, there was a big Ube ice cream debate.
This is the best Ube ice cream, hands down.
20200617_143752.jpg

Mitchell's Ube > Magnolia.... by a long shot.

is Mitchell’s regional? Never seen it in SoCal

I have a Trader Joe’s pint sitting unopened in the freezer still lol need to try it

Ya’ll should watch Thousand Cuts. Great documentary showing why the Philippines is in terrible position.

The most I learned about our culture and the most outspoken dude I had the pleasure of meeting was from the tour with Carlos Celdran

Seriously one of the highlights of my first trip there

May he RIP

We took the tour of Intramuros and it was eye opening

Didn't know until then that the US bombed Manila into oblivion

And how ruthless the Japanese that were left were to us

The most I learned about our culture and the most outspoken dude I had the pleasure of meeting was from the tour with Carlos Celdran

May he RIP

Carlos Celdran in an institution.

When he explained why Rizal was chosen it shows a lot at how we have been molded

General Luna is a much better national hero

Ya’ll should watch Thousand Cuts. Great documentary showing why the Philippines is in terrible position.

just looked it up, prob a big part of what got Ressa arrested smh. Thanks for the tip, added to the list.

edit: where did you watch it? search says its being released on PBS in November?

May he RIP

he died?! damn, RIP. Wanted to take the Intramuros tour when I was there but didn't have time.

Back
Top Bottom