Filipino Culture Thread

To be honest though, there was one positive that came out of his presidency

His build initiative improved the infrastructure of so many provincial capitals

Yeah, that is the strategy that always manage to win over the mainstream (POOR) Filipinos. The Marcos regime did this back in the day as well.

They don't care how many innocent ppl die, just as long as "my president" builds me good buildings AND helps my poor *** with money in my pocket (rich ppl also benefitting).

That being said though, it is a positive strategy anyway for any government entity (corrupt or not, meh they're all corrupt somewhat) to improve building infrastructure across the board..........so credit to them for that one.

I was living in the Philippines for school and work when Du30 had this weird surge of popularity then eventually winning it all. Then after a year under his term with all that propaganda BS constantly just circulating all over forms of media, his obscene behavior, constant attack on journalists, and his “war on drugs,” I just felt It was time to finally move back to the States.

Quite interesting to learn about how Pinoys show their support for Du30 without even living in the Philippines for so long. Must be nice living here with high paying jobs and ****. Got a boomer enraged after pointing out the difficulties and inhumane practices Du30 has done for Pinoys, and now THAT same dude got the audacity to show his support for BBM.

Just for the sake of being a contrarian.
My family members who grew up in the Philippines (then migrated to the States) all support Du30. Hence their support for BBM.

Folks from my generation (mostly born here) can't **** with Du30 like that; we despise him, in fact.

Whenever I voice my dislike for him, the older folks say "You didn't live in the Philippines long enough to see how much the Philippines improved since Digong became president. He actually does stuff compared to previous administrations." Yes, true... But, at the expense of hurting people and all the facepalm-worthy moments? Nah, I'm good. :lol:

Then when the “war on drugs” got random innocent folks gunned down in the streets (mostly in the slums) then it was like “leopards ate my face”. You had these people shooting into parties and houses with people sleeping in the name of wAr oN dRugS :smh:

Rich folks ain’t have to worry about these things though….
Awful... :smh: Don't Du30's kids have drug problems too? i-

My family members who grew up in the Philippines (then migrated to the States) all support Du30. Hence their support for BBM.

Folks from my generation (mostly born here) can't **** with Du30 like that; we despise him, in fact.

Whenever I voice my dislike for him, the older folks say "You didn't live in the Philippines long enough to see how much the Philippines improved since Digong became president. He actually does stuff compared to previous administrations." Yes, true... But, at the expense of hurting people and all the facepalm-worthy moments? Nah, I'm good. :lol:

Shhhh they don’t want you to talk about that, or his dependence on painkillers

It wouldn’t be a surprise if true. Tinfoil hat **** buuuuut…

“Some” people, like myself included, have theorized that Du30 could be some kind of druglord tryna eliminate the competition through mass killings. Like I said, I don’t have a way of substantiating this claim but his ruthlessness is just too suspicious without any reason behind his directive.

But then again, he’s could be just an evil, disgusting psychopath who never cared about the repercussions of his decisions.

If Jo Koy wasnt starring in it or or if it had nothing to do with Filipino's I would easily pass. Trailer makes it seem corny. I dont know how non filipino's/non Jo Koy fans would relate to the inside jokes and stereotypes.

If Jo Koy wasnt starring in it or or if it had nothing to do with Filipino's I would easily pass. Trailer makes it seem corny. I dont know how non filipino's/non Jo Koy fans would relate to the inside jokes and stereotypes.

I would assume they know they have a narrow target audience lol. For sure a lot of Filipino inside jokes but there's a story about owing money to gangsters in there buried by the jokes/stereotypes.

LFG!!! 🌸

A9D3EBD6-6298-48AA-B664-C6E42EF56986.jpeg

A LOOOOT of cheating allegations are happening at polling places everywhere in the country.

Bunch of weird propaganda straight out of the Trump playbook.

Still hopeful that Leni and Kiko would pull through 🌸

according to my FB/IG feeds, voting centers are telling people that their machines suddenly "broke down" and to sign a waiver to let the volunteer do it later :smh:

seems like the Leni voters are relatively younger and are on alert for exactly these kinda shenanigans so they're spreading the word to wait until the machines are magically "fixed" and watch your ballot get submitted.

Hoping the young folks of the PI can get the votes needed for Leni.

Can't believe people are down with Marcos' son.

It's wild. I was reading some articles just now

“If there really was ill-gotten wealth, it would have been retrieved a long time ago,” said Jesse James Pangilinan, 24, a Manila resident who cast a vote for Marcos and Duterte on Monday morning. He said he believed the concerns about the Marcos estate’s unpaid taxes but dismissed them because “they’re not being forced to pay it.”

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

Dante Mapili, 30, and Jonariza Estera, 37, also voted for Marcos, saying they believed in his message of unity and were impressed by how he had not campaigned negatively. They also do not believe the family stole from government funds. “From what I know, he was already rich,” said Estera.

“I heard Marcos’s father was paid in gold if he won a case,” Mapili added, echoing a popular, Internet-fueled theory to explain the family’s wealth. Some of its adherents believe the Marcoses will distribute their own fortune if they return to power.

:stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

these people were babies during martial law and their parents didn't knock any sense into them. plus they're all drinking the idiot kool-aid for whatever reason

Hoping the young folks of the PI can get the votes needed for Leni.

Can't believe people are down with Marcos' son.

If you think the Trump propaganda here is bad, the Marcos propaganda takes it to another damn level.

I have friends who voted for BBM that can’t substantiate their reasonings behind their support because it’s all BS and purely rooted from vicious misogyny towards Leni.

according to my FB/IG feeds, voting centers are telling people that their machines suddenly "broke down" and to sign a waiver to let the volunteer do it later :smh:

seems like the Leni voters are relatively younger and are on alert for exactly these kinda shenanigans so they're spreading the word to wait until the machines are magically "fixed" and watch your ballot get submitted.

Yeah, a nephew of mine told me about cases he learned about the waiver thing. ****ing ridiculous that it’s even a thought.

Leni supporters are vigilant so that’s a good sign.

BBM supporters already preempting the bull**** with cheating allegations after just a few hours of the polls opening. Sickening.

Back
Top Bottom