Filipino Culture Thread

The Philippine elections is a joke. It's all about your popularity or how much money you have. The Filipinos like to relive history all over again. What more can you say when a dictators son becomes president and Robyn Padilla is the # 1 elected senator? Good luck to all my relatives there.

Yeah, that is the strategy that always manage to win over the mainstream (POOR) Filipinos. The Marcos regime did this back in the day as well.

They don't care how many innocent ppl die, just as long as "my president" builds me good buildings AND helps my poor *** with money in my pocket (rich ppl also benefitting).

That being said though, it is a positive strategy anyway for any government entity (corrupt or not, meh they're all corrupt somewhat) to improve building infrastructure across the board..........so credit to them for that one.

Building infrastructure is a joke in the Philippines during election season. Come on. Let's break and destroy perfectly good roads and streets and put government official name on the project saying looking I'm improving our city/town but redoing it. Wasting government money that could actually be spent on helping the people. I wonder how much money was given out to buy votes.

Haven't been up to date on this but some of my family from the Philippines have been giving me snippets.

Doesn't seem to far from the Trump stuff.

Building infrastructure is a joke in the Philippines during election season. Come on. Let's break and destroy perfectly good roads and streets and put government official name on the project saying looking I'm improving our city/town but redoing it. Wasting government money that could actually be spent on helping the people. I wonder how much money was given out to buy votes.

When I lived there every street with some kind of construction project had a giant tarp with some local politicians name and a giant headshot of them with “this xxxx brought to you by…”

Like even a simple basketball hoop was “brought to you by Jhon Reyes”

When I lived there every street with some kind of construction project had a giant tarp with some local politicians name and a giant headshot of them with “this xxxx brought to you by…”

Like even a simple basketball hoop was “brought to you by Jhon Reyes”
Provincial politics.

Anyone have a good doc or summary article of it? It doesnt really pertain to me since I dont live there. But mainly just want to read/hear about it.

Funny *** **** (it’s both in Tagalog and English)

Cliffs: some people are having regrets on voting BBM/Sara because there are plans of extending primary schooling, mandatory military service, banned pageants, etc.

:pimp:

D86F0326-DCCD-4DC6-9F3E-C780463F7D48.jpeg

18 year old filipino was attacked in New York.
The consulate decided that they need to send a warning out since there's been so many recent racist asian attacks.

293566791_360265196290101_8858439640363002172_n-1024x794.jpg

eastersunday.jpg

gonna see if nanay wants to catch it this weekend lol

tita Tia :pimp:

related note, did y'all know he was with Chelsea Handler!? they recently broke up after a year of dating

Back
Top Bottom