Final Fantasy XIII- 3/9/10-- Are you purchasing?

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

Originally Posted by Club29

i also second the fact that i couldnt get into FFXII that much, but XIII will be a DEFINITE pick-up.

ive been a huge final fantasy fan my entire life
pimp.gif
Was it the battle system of XII you didn't care for? I just didn't care for it all. It was such a departure from ATB that I couldn't get used to it.

thats exactly what it was.

i respect the fact that they went with a whole new playbook by inputting this Gambit system, but it really wasnt for me.

Just like when FFVIII had Junction magic. Remember that nonsense? yowza.

i also second the fact that i couldnt get into FFXII that much, but XIII will be a DEFINITE pick-up.

pimp.gif
Was it the battle system of XII you didn't care for? I just didn't care for it all. It was such a departure from ATB that I couldn't get used to it.

i respect the fact that they went with a whole new playbook by inputting this Gambit system, but it really wasnt for me.

XII's battle system was more MMO inspired. I think thats the direction you'll see the series go.

VIII .... if you didn't like that game you are a dummy.

2008-11-22-13.jpg

XIII will be copped regardless. Like to shout out Microsoft for watering this game down due to their amazing hardware. Thanks, $!$%@@+!.

9 was BY FAR the best FF..

gonna have to borrow my friend PS3 just to play this.. hopefully its worth it..

pimp.gif
theprocessofbelief wrote:

pimp.gif

XII's battle system was more MMO inspired. I think thats the direction you'll see the series go.

VIII .... if you didn't like that game you are a dummy.

2008-11-22-13.jpg

XIII will be copped regardless. Like to shout out Microsoft for watering this game down due to their amazing hardware. Thanks, $!$%@@+!.

i never said i didnt like VIII, but the Junction system i couldve done without.

infact, id like to see things go back to the Materia system eventually
pimp.gif

most definitely copped. my fav was viii ,i just connected with squall more.plus %#* was more modern

Originally Posted by RocSole

Originally Posted by kimchee2go

never was a fan

same.
when will be the last final fantasy game?
too many of them.
They are each stand alone stories and universes so it's not like its a long running exhausted story.

I was looking forward to this but all the bad reviews are killing it for me.  I dont wanna run straight for 50 hours..

There's still probably tons of people out there that think the Final Fantasy's are continuations of each other and one big story.
laugh.gif

I played 1-4

and then i played X...
sick.gif

game was soooo sick...but super hard to beat...i never beat it as a matter a fact...i was fighting some stone soldier thing  the middle of some field....i was winning than dude just decided to take a double turn SMH...never got past that level
tired.gif

Must cop for me. I own VII - XII including XI and Tactics, even though I didnt play XI, I still copped. I dont know if I want to watch that much footage though..

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Must cop for me. I own VII - XII including XI and Tactics, even though I didnt play XI, I still copped. I dont know if I want to watch that much footage though..

geez, how could I forget Tactics? Easily one of the most brilliant Strategy-based games ever made.

Did anyone ever bother taking the long route of getting the Calculator class? It was RIDICULOUSLY powerful if you knew how to use it.

instant one shot KOs of the whole enemy board like its no big deal.

i heard that itll run straight through the first couple of "chapters" and then branch out to whatever free roaming after

sucks dat they got rid of towns tho

I'll probably cop.  I'll be finished with Mass Effect 2 by then, so I'll need something new to play.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

geez, how could I forget Tactics? Easily one of the most brilliant Strategy-based games ever made.

Did anyone ever bother taking the long route of getting the Calculator class? It was RIDICULOUSLY powerful if you knew how to use it.

instant one shot KOs of the whole enemy board like its no big deal.
lol calculating based on multiples of 3 with everyone at like 99.

and this battle system is serious. i got to play the demo when they had the big ffxiii truck driving around san francisco...i can tell there's going to be a lot of strategy going into playing this one underlevelled because of all of the possibilities of class breakdowns you can use through the gambit system. oh, and the game looks beautiful on ps3, and the diff between ps3 and 360 isnt too bad in graphics...seemed like ps3 loaded quicker though.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by RocSole

Originally Posted by kimchee2go

never was a fan

same.
when will be the last final fantasy game?
too many of them.
They are each stand alone stories and universes so it's not like its a long running exhausted story.

I was looking forward to this but all the bad reviews are killing it for me.  I dont wanna run straight for 50 hours..
Japan's Famitsu scored it 39/40. They're known for being tough on games so that is a very very good indicator of the game's quality.

As for differences between 360 and PS3:

A Blu-ray disc can hold up to 50gb
DVD can hold 5gb

FF XIII will arrive on 360 on 3 DVD's. PS3 will be one blu-ray.  Blu-ray is great because companies don't have to compress sound or images. I'm guessing FFXIII will look considerably better on PS3.

Back
Top Bottom