Finally ...Gentry Is DONE !!!

JB’s run when Gentry was gone from 2015-2018, and stretching into 2019 was incredible.

Pretty well done retros with lots of quantity, easy to grab.

Let’s get back to that.

2015-2018 and into 2019 was one of the best eras of the brand. The quality and quantity of retros during this run was multitudes better than what came before and we saw a degradation of this when Gentry unfortunately returned. I wonder if Adidas growing so much during that time lit a fire under their a** since they couldn't rest on their laurels anymore tbh.

Hopefully we will still see continued improvements on the retros. They are definitely headed in the right direction with the 3’s. Would love to see the 4’s closer to what we got in 1999.

The 9s are atrocious with that small, wrong-facing Jumpman. Given how much tooling costs, I'm not sure they'll EVER fix that but with Gentry finally gone, there is definitely more of a possibility that they finally will.

There's a board of people who make decisions at Nike. For some reason you guys have decided to make Gentry the desire of all of your Jordan brand frustrations. 15-18 was a dark time for JB. Their ineptitude allowed Yeezy to almost jump over the jumpman both figuratively and literally. Prestige was wearing off the ogs and that time period is also when the whoring out of the 1s began. Gentry is a man of the people from all I've seen and heard from lately. JB is bigger than ever and a lot of that is because of the genius of gentry. We got new pl cuts on the 11s, new ep height on the 3s, and that beautiful hi 85 mold... Again for some reason y'all only focus on the negative of Gentry but rarely do you mention the good. And on the topic of availability and quality, first and foremost Nike is a business. Limiting production creates a want which for Nike turns into more revenue. Yeah it sucks as guys who love Jordans but if you put yourself in the position a business owner, it makes sense. At the end of the day Nike has shareholders to please.

I absolutely love Kanye and Yeezy brand but they have nowhere near the universal appeal that Jordan retros do. Like not even close. It'll be a decade or longer when/if that happens (my money is on it won't-even if Gen Z is far more dedicated to Yeezy than older generations are to JB, etc.).

It also not like EVERYTHING in 2015-2018 was an easy cop. Hell, some of JB's most hyped collabs with O-W and Travis literally started during this time lol I think it was more that the OG cws that people wanted were FAR more attainable than they are now. Like there is no reason NG 85 1s were significantly harder/more limited than 2015 Chis, 2016 Breds, 2016 BTs, 2017 Royals, and 2018 Shadows. Just let people eat on the OG cws-they're classics for a reason.

I didn't even mind what he did 🤷🏻‍♂️
Wish the botters and resellers would retire instead

The reason people are botting GRs is because of Gentry/JB’s decisions to either limit and/or not expand production for respective releases.

Last edited:
I completely agree that he's not solely to blame for all of Jordan's brands problems. Perhaps lots of the decisions made were not his. But when you're the head of an entity, u receive the credit or the blame for what goes on under your watch.

And all I know is Jordan brand had many more misses than hits IMO while he was leading the company.

I completely agree that he's not solely to blame for all of Jordan's brands problems. Perhaps lots of the decisions made were not his. But when you're the head of an entity, u receive the credit or the blame for what goes on under your watch.

And all I know is Jordan brand had many more misses than hits IMO while he was leading the company.
Exactly

I blame him for the F ups
And I don’t give him credit for re-releasing classics like fire red 5s… like yeah shoes are great. Big nostalgia factor. Jordan was the 🐐 and made them iconic. Covid and Last dance hit simultaneously. Gentry Humpty gets no credit for anything, his only job is “don’t F it up”.
In other words, he been F’ing up most things he touches (and killed foams) and I don’t give him credit for retroing OG classics.
Most the time the Og classics are tweaked anyway

Exactly

And I don’t give him credit for re-releasing classics like fire red 5s… like yeah shoes are great. Big nostalgia factor. Jordan was the 🐐 and made them iconic. Covid and Last dance hit simultaneously. Gentry Humpty gets no credit for anything, his only job is “don’t F it up”.
In other words, he been F’ing up most things he touches (and killed foams) and I don’t give him credit for retroing OG classics.
So in other words, you pick and choose what you give him credit for. You're contradicting the entire point of your post. You dudes need to go outside and get some fresh air, you're exhibiting the literal definition of hating..

"Yeah Gentry ruined Js, although I understand that he's not solely responsible for decision making regarding js I'm still gonna put the blame on him because I don't like some of the shoes released under his watch. Yeah some great retros were released under his watch like the fire red 5s, I'm not giving him credit for that.. only the bad stuff. Yeah it doesn't make sense but who cares I hate Gentry even though I can't specifically detail his role in any of these Jordan releases. F Gentry.. Jordans the goat!!!"

a8f.jpg

Exactly

We also got far fewer OG cw releases under his tenure, especially with OG 1s.

Remember the Chi 1 rumors from a few years back that ended up obviously amounting to nothing? That was a perfect example of a Gentry letdown lol

So in other words, you pick and choose what you give him credit for. You're contradicting the entire point of your post. You dudes need to go outside and get some fresh air, you're exhibiting the literal definition of hating..

"Yeah Gentry ruined Js, although I understand that he's not solely responsible for decision making regarding js I'm still gonna put the blame on him because I don't like some of the shoes released under his watch. Yeah some great retros were released under his watch like the fire red 5s, I'm not giving him credit for that.. only the bad stuff. Yeah it doesn't make sense but who cares I hate Gentry even though I can't specifically detail his role in any of these Jordan releases. F Gentry.. Jordans the goat!!!"

a8f.jpg
I’m outside right now lil boy
Read my post a couple more times, maybe it’ll make sense

Jordan brand is founded upon a bunch of classics that tinker and mike made iconic. Gentry had as much to do with that as you and me. That’s all I’m saying

a8f.jpg

I think you can quantify the amount of good releases (as an overall %) under his tenures vs not though. Obviously, you can find good and bad retro releases from any given year in the brand’s history, at least in the last 20 years or so.

I don’t think anyone here actually thinks Gentry is solely responsible for every bad decision the brand makes lol but I do think it’s clear the brand hasn’t been as good when he was at the helm vs when he wasn’t. Could this be a complete coincidence? It’s possible however the evidence based on his past statements/viewpoints/decisions kind of show his general mentality towards Jordan retro releases.

Reactions: SBA
I’m outside right now lil boy
Read my post a couple more times, maybe it’ll make sense

Jordan brand is founded upon a bunch of classics that tinker and mike made iconic. Gentry had as much to do with that as you and me. That’s all I’m saying
Lil boy? Please refrain from the tough talk my guy.. you on here hating on a dude over some shoes. I can't take you seriously

Lil boy? Please refrain from the tough talk my guy.. you on here hating on a dude over some shoes. I can't take you seriously
No hate just calling it how I see it, and you called yourself a young boy

if a man messes up, and you say he messed up, that’s not hating

Back
Top Bottom