Finally ...Gentry Is DONE !!!

So in other words, you pick and choose what you give him credit for. You're contradicting the entire point of your post. You dudes need to go outside and get some fresh air, you're exhibiting the literal definition of hating..

"Yeah Gentry ruined Js, although I understand that he's not solely responsible for decision making regarding js I'm still gonna put the blame on him because I don't like some of the shoes released under his watch. Yeah some great retros were released under his watch like the fire red 5s, I'm not giving him credit for that.. only the bad stuff. Yeah it doesn't make sense but who cares I hate Gentry even though I can't specifically detail his role in any of these Jordan releases. F Gentry.. Jordans the goat!!!"

a8f.jpg

This is your king?

BA0C3F60-B9A1-4A3B-A663-43C40D6D6879.jpeg

This is your king?

BA0C3F60-B9A1-4A3B-A663-43C40D6D6879.jpeg
Not my king but I'm not about to follow the hive mind and blindly hate a dude over some shoes. Y'all still haven't told specifically what decisions he did and didn't make in regards to decisions regarding the shoes. Y'all don't even know what dudes role is and y'all blindly hate him because nt said it's the cool thing to do... Btw I've never heard anyone mention this dude outside of nt. Y'all obsessed with him.

When JB started to flood the market with several models and a TON of color ways in a given year, was he responsible for that? If so, he deserves all of the hate (from a fan's perspective). He's also responsible for removing Nike Air from a lot of coveted models. I hate him for that as well.

To Kierres, we don't care if Gentry hired you at Nike to finally give you your first dream job. It's the fact that he basically single handedly ran Jordan Brand into the ground for basically only profit gains is why we don't like him. Yes revenue went up with him at the forefront, because he helped water down the product of retros for a few years. Retros were easier to get back then, but the quality of the shoes went significantly down fast while he was the head of operations.

He also said in interviews back then that he didn't want to put Nike Air back on Jordans. So he's given us multiple reasons to hate him. When he left, we got the remastered series, Nike Air back on our beloved 1 - 6,s. We also started getting more retro 1,s with Nike Air, instead of that hideous jumpman. Yes, it's harder to get retros right now in comparison to a few years ago, but I would choose any time that gentry wasn't the head.

Im just thankful that they didn't let him take Jordan Brand back to the dark days of 2004-2015. That's probably why he had to leave again, he was probably in the boardroom meetings like (we need to retire Nike Air from Retros again, and we also need to take away Nike Air off of the 1,s, and we need to put only the Jumpman on the 1,s -6,s). Could you imagine seeing that again?

The popularity of the brand would tank overnight, revenue wouldn't even matter at that point, and Jordan retros with Nike Air would gone up to $1,000 - $2,000 overnight. Ill this Nike employee or troll job that Kierris is doing proceed to get ya'll hyped up. Nobody is going to miss gentry, he's literally what these record labels have done to rock n roll and to now what they're doing to rap music, watering down the quality and brand of what it once was only for profits.

I hate to break to you, but once something gets over saturated to much, it's not what it once was anymore, it's not unique anymore. So guess what happens after that, something else that's not watered down and that's unique in their own right comes along to take over what's popular at that moment. This is something that a company or president doesn't take into consideration when their main focus is only money and revenue.

Not my king but I'm not about to follow the hive mind and blindly hate a dude over some shoes. Y'all still haven't told specifically what decisions he did and didn't make in regards to decisions regarding the shoes. Y'all don't even know what dudes role is and y'all blindly hate him because nt said it's the cool thing to do... Btw I've never heard anyone mention this dude outside of nt. Y'all obsessed with him.
Most of the hate comes from his interviews and his decisions to cater to “OG collectors.” Most of us are into these shoes for nostalgic purposes. We want OGs retro’d as they once were and to be able to wear the sneakers we fell in love with again. His philosophy of making changes to OGs for collectors rubs those of us that want 3s and 4s as they were the wrong way. Once he made those statements he was an immediate enemy to those of us that are nostalgic. From there we blame him for the misgivings of his tenure.

Nobody can pinpoint a specific decision that Humpty made that upset collectors. Was it Humpty alone, was it a group decision, was it someone else’s initial idea… nobody can answer that

But he is the scape goat because he was the head of the whole division. It is known he’s behind some really stupid stuff like the fusion crap, horrible retro+‘s, Jumpman instead of Nike air, etc. It’s also proven he’s a clown from his interviews. Specific decisions made ? If you’re gonna be the VP you’re gonna get the blame, that’s just reality, and it’s completely fair. And like I said before, if he had 0.000000000% to do with Tinker and Mike making a shoe ICONIC, then he should get the same amount of credit for releasing them. His only job is “don’t F up” which he often did anyway.

To Kierres, we don't care if Gentry hired you at Nike to finally give you your first dream job. It's the fact that he basically single handedly ran Jordan Brand into the ground for basically only profit gains is why we don't like him. Yes revenue went up with him at the forefront, because he helped water down the product of retros for a few years. Retros were easier to get back then, but the quality of the shoes went significantly down fast while he was the head of operations.

He also said in interviews back then that he didn't want to put Nike Air back on Jordans. So he's given us multiple reasons to hate him. When he left, we got the remastered series, Nike Air back on our beloved 1 - 6,s. We also started getting more retro 1,s with Nike Air, instead of that hideous jumpman. Yes, it's harder to get retros right now in comparison to a few years ago, but I would choose any time that gentry wasn't the head.

Im just thankful that they didn't let him take Jordan Brand back to the dark days of 2004-2015. That's probably why he had to leave again, he was probably in the boardroom meetings like (we need to retire Nike Air from Retros again, and we also need to take away Nike Air off of the 1,s, and we need to put only the Jumpman on the 1,s -6,s). Could you imagine seeing that again?

The popularity of the brand would tank overnight, revenue wouldn't even matter at that point, and Jordan retros with Nike Air would gone up to $1,000 - $2,000 overnight. Ill this Nike employee or troll job that Kierris is doing proceed to get ya'll hyped up. Nobody is going to miss gentry, he's literally what these record labels have done to rock n roll and to now what they're doing to rap music, watering down the quality and brand of what it once was only for profits.

I hate to break to you, but once something gets over saturated to much, it's not what it once was anymore, it's not unique anymore. So guess what happens after that, something else that's not watered down and that's unique in their own right comes along to take over what's popular at that moment. This is something that a company or president doesn't take into consideration when their main focus is only money and revenue.
You have a problem with oversaturation... The irony in that is that Gentry is literally on record saying that's exactly why he alters OG releases a bit. You agree with his stance of tarnishing the legacy of the ogs yet you still hate him? Makes no sense. The biggest thing I'm getting from the posts of dudes who don't like Gentry is that y'all are upset that he doesn't release og colorways back to back. That's a very elitist stance to take but I digress. Us real sneaker heads will miss you Gentry. Thanks for everything. You, MJ, and Tinker are the holy Trinity of Jordan Brand.

You have a problem with oversaturation... The irony in that is that Gentry is literally on record saying that's exactly why he alters OG releases a bit. You agree with his stance of tarnishing the legacy of the ogs yet you still hate him? Makes no sense. The biggest thing I'm getting from the posts of dudes who don't like Gentry is that y'all are upset that he doesn't release og colorways back to back. That's a very elitist stance to take but I digress. Us real sneaker heads will miss you Gentry. Thanks for everything. You, MJ, and Tinker are the holy Trinity of Jordan Brand.
This is pathetic, fan of him or not.

When JB started to flood the market with several models and a TON of color ways in a given year, was he responsible for that? If so, he deserves all of the hate (from a fan's perspective). He's also responsible for removing Nike Air from a lot of coveted models. I hate him for that as well.

Gentry is actually the one who convinced MJ to put Nike Air back on 1s back in 2013…..He’s also responsible for Cool Grey 11s. He did put out a ton of shoes no doubt….but lets be honest. The original plan after the coliezone packs were to-release 3 retros a year lmao. Who can honestly say they would’ve been happy with that. The man made his mistakes but you have to give him credit on his successes.

Ask Nike shareholders how they feel about life under Gentry. Ask MJ how his pockets feel. Jordan continues to be the most important sneaker brand on the planet. Pretty hard to argue anything else.

i am a nike shareholder & i'm also a sneaker collector, i don't care how mj feels, he wears terrible clothing... nobody cares about swagless mj doggie. we rock his sneakers but don't act like he's the pinnacle of fashion when it comes to getting fly, we talking about designs baby gentry, that's it... it's like when people argue musical skills & rap & that one person always wanna start talking about "bu... bu... bu.... he ain't on the charts" ...wtf that gotta do with anything mini gentry?

i am a nike shareholder & i'm also a sneaker collector, i don't care how mj feels, he wears terrible clothing... nobody cares about swagless mj doggie. we rock his sneakers but don't act like he's the pinnacle of fashion when it comes to getting fly, we talking about designs baby gentry, that's it... it's like when people argue musical skills & rap & that one person always wanna start talking about "bu... bu... bu.... he ain't on the charts" ...wtf that gotta do with anything mini gentry?

Mods please get this clown off this site. You don't like the man but you love his shoes. You suburbanites always expose yourselves

Back
Top Bottom