First Earthquake of 2010 in the Bay Area

Felt it here in San Jose at 10:12am. Small jolt, nothing serious. Where is the epicenter of the quake? Who else felt it?

Knew someone would post it
laugh.gif
. I thought it was going to be the big one
ohwell.gif

That's what that was?!

I'm in walnut creek on standby and i suddenly felt my car bounce. I looked around thinking someone was behind me trying to do the earthquake car shake jokebut didn't see anybody. Lasted like 4 seconds but I felt it.

Haha First thing to do when there is an Earthquake is not duck and cover but to post on NT lol.

If I'm ever stuck somewhere due to an earthquake, best believe I will still be browsing NT doing the play-by-play on my iPhone.

[h1]4.1 earthquake hits San Jose area[/h1]
By Mark Gomez

mgomez@mercurynews.com

Posted: 01/07/2010 10:19:24 AM PST

Updated: 01/07/2010 10:24:25 AM PST

Special Sections

Have your say!

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4.1 shook the South Bay this morning, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The quake, which was recorded at 10:09 a.m., was centered six miles east/northeast of Milpitas and 11 miles north/northeast of San Jose City Hall, according to the USGS Web site.

The last magnitude 4 quake in the South Bay was March 30, 2009, when a 4.3 temblor struck just south of San Jose.

The last major earthquake in the Bay Area was the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake - a magnitude 6.9 quake that struck on Oct. 17, 1989, in the Santa Cruz Mountains. It killed 62 people and caused $6 billion in damages.

that was it? i just woke up and sat in my bed and i thought it was just the loud garbage truck outside

It felt like nothing in SF. Made my coworkers talk for like 5 minutes and we just went back to work. Surprised it was a 4 though....felt more like a 2.

Well since my building in SF is like 80 years old, it certainly felt wobbly. I believe it was a 4 since I felt like the floor was going to drop underneath me.

I was with my homie at the time. He asked me if felt something. I said NO man you tripping..... LOL We get in the car turn on the radio and BAM. They saidthere was a small quake.

I didnt even feel it.

LOL one of the doors in my place was shaking a lot then i looked at my flat screen and was like pleeease dont fall lol
but luckily it wasnt anything major

^^^ Glad that TV didnt fall.

I woundt want you to be bored since I cant always KEEP YOU UP
grin.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

There was really one again today ???

If so.... I felt it. LMAO the last one my homie felt and I didnt . this time around I felt it and my homie thought I was tripping.
roll.gif

i didn't feel it, but my sister did and my baby momma. they were in the west bay (peninsula) when it occured

Back
Top Bottom