FIRST REEBOK PUMP BEING BROUGHT BACK AGAIN IN ORIGINAL BLACK COLORWAY

Originally Posted by UKBased

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by UKBased

If anyone does know of any store that still has 11 or 11.5 in the OG white, please PM me.
check this thread more man... i posted up a day or two ago that commonwealth had a FSR on their website. no dice now, only 8 or 9 left, i think.

I know. I should have been. Just stupidly assumed they'd all have gone by the day after release.

kevin2nd & s dubl - Thanks very much for the PM's. Appreciate it. Should be able to get a pair shipped from Kicks/Hi. Good looking out.

Trust me you weren't the only one, i ordered my first pair through hanon and then the other set for wifey from SNS only to learn packers had some left for180 shipped
laugh.gif
I wound up ordering a second set of the black colorway through them and one of the white and blue wish i would have waited but with theproduction numbers people were throwing around i didn't even want to risk that and im glad i didn't got my pairs and im done, but i am a littledissapointed with the quality of my first 2009 pair im hoping that the black ones will be better

just got my huf shipment. Huf colab and the white retro's. Huf's are more blue/green in person than in the pics. Soooo stoked on the hufs butwasn't when I ordered them. Great quality and yea the whole "pump" issue sucks that they don't work as well, but honestly I don't carecause these are amazing to have reguardless. Can\t wait for my other pairs. Hope everyone is happy with theirs as well, it's been worth the wait and thehunt. Happy to be a sneakerhead!!!!

I'm a little disappointed about the pump issue, but overall, I'm really happy to have my pairs...

I've been waiting since the 7th grade to own these, so I'm very excited to finally have them...

and as S Dubl pointed out, the quality is much better than the majority of Nike/JB releases, which I really appreciate...

Good video tre,
I agree with JAONE626 -Pump issue is dissapointing, that vid clearly shows the difference.

But overall I'm happy -the pump still works well enough to enjoy the shoe & it's good to see that the materials, quality etc are up to par with the'04 version ....& easily superior to what Nike/JB have been dishing out.

I no longer have my 2004 Retro Pumps... But did they have little holes in the basketball on the tongue where the "Ps" are in "Pump"? Minedo...

Is that what's causing the air to escape?

Those holes are a feature of all pumps -I'm pretty sure they are actually where the air gets sucked in from, it works like a bellow drawing air in witheach pump.
You can kinda see it on the OGs...
525055178_b7eaef87e4_o.jpg

I keep going back and forth on if I should get a pair. I know there are less and less out there (besides EBAY). Just not sure, but honestly these have gottenme a bit more excited about shoes again in general, I got my shoes out from the attic and went through them, cleaned some of them, etc. I have been checkingfor some Furys on ebay and other online sites as well much more frequently. So if nothing else, I think Reebok did a great job of at least getting one guy backinto the shoe game a bit.

So, wait, the OG Black Colorway wasn't limited? I found one with the "28 of 29" tag inside... I'm lost
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ebpo

So, wait, the OG Black Colorway wasn't limited? I found one with the "28 of 29" tag inside... I'm lost
happy.gif
You got #28 of #29 for that particular store/boutique.

Yeah, I still believe that the OG colorways were limited to 1989 pairs each (refer to hang tag), they just weren't too popular with some of the youngerhypebea......kids so they didn't sell out as fast. Which is fine with me...gives me a better chance on scoring a black pair.

I just hope it doesn't discourage Reebok on future Pump releases, because I'm "Pumped" for the twilight zones.

Originally Posted by ksmith4768

I no longer have my 2004 Retro Pumps... But did they have little holes in the basketball on the tongue where the "Ps" are in "Pump"? Mine do...

You know my girl pointed that out, i looked at the 2004 version and it didn't have those little holes ill get pics up showing both but im pretty sure theyhave nothing to do with it could be wrong, i did feel air coming out from the bottom area of the pump

Oh, just an other question, since it's my first pair of pump, how do they fit?

Broke down and ordered a white pair, I have all the old Pump ads framed so I could do a cool little tribute type setup in my Man Land at the house

Originally Posted by ksmith4768

I no longer have my 2004 Retro Pumps... But did they have little holes in the basketball on the tongue where the "Ps" are in "Pump"? Mine do...

Yes I think it might be the problem, the 04 versions did not have that the little holes on the two P's on the pump seem to bee too deep, the 04 versiondidn't have them at all, and it appears that if u put your thumb over both the P's while pumping that hiss sound while pumping goes away. I am a littledissapointed this issue was not addressed, they did these right in 2004 it should have been the same now especially since they really pushed for these but thequality otherwise is very nice. Regarding whether these are limited or not they are definitely what you would call a true limited shoe as they were produced invery small numbers, i just hope they don't omni lite these and keep bringing them back over and over again because it will take away from any future"limited" releases I will say i would have preferred a GR and the pumps done right as opposed to a limited release with pumps that only kind of workbut in the end they still did a better job than anything Nike has been putting out.

Just got mine in from Packer, and DAMN... even though the Pump doesn't work perfectly, these are literally the PERFECT shoe for me.

And I seriously can't believe how they're being SO slept on as well... my friend just picked up a second pair for me from Huf for 20% off thanks toBlack Friday!

Originally Posted by dmxfury

From the Pump 20th anniversary site. You don't think there is any chance that they would bring out 1st edition of the Fury, do you? I can't imagine how amazing that would be
Someone I know that's worked closely with Reebok has alluded to this happening. I've only been a fan of the shoe for a relatively shortwhile, but when I fell...I fell hard.

Someone I know that's worked closely with Reebok has alluded to this happening. I've only been a fan of the shoe for a relatively short while, but when I fell...I fell hard.
Best shoe ever. If they hyped it correctly, they could do a limited run and sell them for $200 easily. The cult following for that shoe isinsane

Oh, and the collabs sold easily, and the 'regular' colors seemed to sell pretty well, very few places seem to have them left. Retail was $175 or $180

Back
Top Bottom