first time credit card user tips. come on in!

Don't spend over 1/3 of your available credit.
^^ yes, very important. Credit utilization ratio can adversely affect your score.

Simply put...maxing out your credit cards or coming to 75% of your limit on a frequent basis will hurt your credit score. If you feel that you would like touse (and pay off) the bulk of your credit card limit every month to help build your credit, well you'd be better of asking for a limit increase so that youare only drawing on a small percentage of whats available.

All other things being the same:

5k balance on a 20k limit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $500balance on a $750 limit

Originally Posted by LA213ESPG

Originally Posted by sole lovely

why shouldn't i buy gas?

You'll get charged more for gas if you use a cc, I just pay cash for it

Is that true? I know using credit cards cost companies x% of every transaction so that makes sense.
Oh well, the convenience of paying at the pump isworth, what I'm guessing, the <$1 more they charge you.

Originally Posted by ucbearcats27

Originally Posted by LA213ESPG

Originally Posted by sole lovely

why shouldn't i buy gas?

You'll get charged more for gas if you use a cc, I just pay cash for it

Is that true? I know using credit cards cost companies x% of every transaction so that makes sense.
Oh well, the convenience of paying at the pump is worth, what I'm guessing, the <$1 more they charge you.

SOME gas stations charge more for those who use CCs, but that policy will be explicitly shown on their displays (the price per gallon for CC transactionsnext to the price per gallon for cash transaction). but for the most part, i'd say 99% of the gas stations i see do NOT do this.

if your paying your bill online dont try to pay in the last day. i tried paying last night and it said they werent able to process the transaction. hit me witha late fee.

Back
Top Bottom