FL Homeowner Shoots, Kills Teen Burglary Suspect. Now His Family Is Mad

^Oh so its ok that he broke into the house because when she found him he was climbing OUT of her window?
IDGAF if his pinky toe was still the only thing inside my window, Im blowing that **** off with extreme prejudice.

Last edited:
When you break into someone house, car, job, ect....you have to be prepared to deal with what goes along with that.

He deserved to be shot, no sympathy for that. Did he deserve to die? Nah. I don't blame her for shooting, the question is, was her intent to kill. Only she knows that. His family sounds so stupid trying to defend him. I get her point about being a product of his environment, but leave it at that. You've got to acknowledge the fact that he was wrong. Talking about let the cops get there, *** please, he would've taken off with whatever money/jewelry/valuables and the homeowner would've been left taking the L.

Sad to hear he died but maybe this will deter the next scumbag from breaking and entering.

sorry but everyone has the right to protect their family and property, personally ill give ya some hollow point .45's

Last edited:
Let me pose this question to ya'll.

Say the robber got away.

2 days later you see the robber in a parking lot, you call the police but looks like the robber is about to run.

You shoot and kill the robber.

Is that not murder?

Nah, you gotta kill'em in the act, that's self-defense.
What you're describing is revenge.
In your scenario, you'd have to run him down with your car.

Nah but u pistol whip that Lil stupid ***** and beat his ***

He shouldn't have been shot but just playing Devil's Advocate here.

"On Thursday, police say Johnson burglarized a home south of 79th Street near I-95 — just blocks away from where he lives."

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/03/11/teen-burglary-suspect-killed-homeowner/

So if the kid's family is trying to excuse the kid because he's from the hood, couldn't the shooters action's be attributed to "hood" behavior as well?

Last edited:
When you break into someone house, car, job, ect....you have to be prepared to deal with what goes along with that.

Pretty much.

Dude wanted to be about that life, and these are the unfortunate consequences.

Some folks, like that home owner, don't play.

Say the robber got away.

2 days later you see the robber in a parking lot, you call the police but looks like the robber is about to run.

Is that not murder?

He was in her HOME on her private property. Two entirely different situations.

Many states have what they call the "Castle Law". I'm pretty sure Florida is on the list but I'm not sure on the specifics.

At the end of the day, he was on her property unlawfully.

Last edited:
I doubt I'll ever have to deal with a breaking and entering but I'm not sure what I'd do in such a case. I have several rifles and a shotgun but I doubt I could get away with shooting a burglar in my country. I don't think shooting a man is as easy as it sounds either.

If I would feel the need to shoot in order to defend myself I'd go for the kneecaps or something to lessen the odds of him dying. I don't want to have murder on my conscience, regardless of whether it was justified or not.

Either way I'd go to jail 100% guaranteed if I shot someone regardless of the circumstances so it'd have to be an absolute last resort option.

Last edited:
Easy to say you'd want to aim for a non lethal shot but you aren't really going to be thinking that in the heat of the moment. youre going to aim for his largest area

He could have easily been armed and shot at her as she drove up. She kinda put herself in harms way but dude might have tried to come back in the future since he woulda got away.

The act of buglary includes the risk of killing some one, or being killed yourself. It's a package deal that every thief signs up for when they decide that yhey arr going to rod someone.

This kid put his life on the line as soon as he started towards the residence knowing full well what could happen, especially in Zimmerland.

Does the social pressure, economic state, and injustice in the city that he lives play a role in his opportunities to make ends meet? Of course it does. But thats not the issue. The issue is Right and Wrong.

He knows the consequences of both, and me made the decision to do something that is wrong.

Last edited:
The act of buglary includes the risk of killing some one, or being killed yourself. It's a package deal that every thief signs up for when they decide that yhey arr going to rod someone.

This kid put his life on the line as soon as he started towards the residence knowing full well what could happen, especially in Zimmerland.

Does the social pressure, economic state, and injustice in the city that he lives play a role in his opportunities to make ends meet? Of course it does. But thats not the issue. The issue is Right and Wrong.

He knows the consequences of both, and me made the decision to do something that is wrong.
Period. I was watching the news a few months ago and some dudes tried to car jack a old lady at gunpoint... granny let them thangs fly [emoji]128299[/emoji]. Ended up hitting on of the dudes too. Thought they had a easy lick but women, old people, everyone carrying nowadays.

The kid was wrong and the family was wrong as hell for advocating his thievery. But, do y'all really believe in murdering people over "stuff"?

I mean damn, personal property insurance is only a couple of bucks a month (I think mine is $9). Or, is it something else, like a deep, twisted fantasy that you want to fulfill?

The kid was wrong and the family was wrong as hell for advocating his thievery. But, do y'all really believe in murdering people over "stuff"?

I mean damn, personal property insurance is only a couple of bucks a month (I think mine is $9). Or, is it something else, like a deep, twisted fantasy that you want to fulfill?
When u commit these kinda crimes these are some consequences. Just like sometimes the victims of home invasion die. It's always a 50% chance somebody can die or be harmed in these situations. Only way to prevent it is.... don't do it.

The woman was not home, she was somehow notified by her alarm system that someone was breaking in, police had already been called. She rushed home and shot him as he was climbing out of a window.

You gotta be quicker than that if you want to hit licks

Yes they do 
laugh.gif

"He was gonna get away with my Fendi belt, I had to lay him out."

I get the whole concept of not being a mark.

But I don't see this scenario justifying him getting killed.
He could have easily been armed and shot at her as she drove up. 
Why did she drive up?

Say the robber got away.

Is that not murder?
I pose this question to you

Someone rapes your wife/girlfriend (god forbid). She calls you and the cops, you get there before the cops and see the person turn the corner do you let them go because the cops were called??

I consider myself a liberal and im all for gun control. But what happened to him comes with the lifestyle, like a drug dealer being killed or arrested.

Rape is FAR different than theft of tangible goods though, not even the same galaxy. I'm running down dude who raped one of mine, you stole a bag of stuff from my house. Enjoy. I got insurance, it's like $4 a month.

Last edited:
I'm not against the whole defending your property/family, or the killing. It's no one else fault but his, had a man done it everyone wouldn't have thought twice about it. Since it envolves a woman, now it's a whole different story. I just want to know, I heard a long time ago that you have the right to shoot someone that's illegally on your property but they have to be facing you. Shooting them while they're turned around can land murder charges? That was probably like 5 years or so ago. I wonder if it applies to just Texas or any other states?

Back
Top Bottom