Flash on HP Slate...looks like a basic netbook... Updated w/ MS Courier Vids Pg. 3

Originally Posted by STOPIT5

HP Slate > Ipad

how can you say this?
the Slate hasn't even been released and already you guys are so gassed about it 
laugh.gif
 if this isnt hype IDK what is.. 
grin.gif

and how is the iPad a dud when its already sold plenty of units? 
eyes.gif

shatterkneesinc wrote:
the courier is dead 
frown.gif

tired.gif
 MS basically said.. "nvm.. maybe later"

the problem is a full Windows 7 OS isn't ideal for a tablet. that is why tablets always failed before because it needed the stylus. a stylus should be more of an option instead of a requirement. mobile OS work better because it already has touchscreen capabilities. microsoft needs to put windows 7 mobile on a tablet. it would be a perfect fit. HP will put webOS on a tablet and other companies will put android. we won't see how everything will work out for at least another year or two. gotta love the competition though. it gives us more options. 

Originally Posted by quik1987

You guys ready to admit apple won?

i will only admit apple won if i actually buy an apple product
they havent won anything

they win in their financial statements but they will never get my respect ( which is worth nothing )

Originally Posted by quik1987

You guys ready to admit apple won?
tough to beat out mindless drone consumers... at least for the majority. its truly a compliment to Apple though. Their keynote speeches and press releases on UPGRADES are something else.. But the world stops and people eat it up. Tell me another company that could get away with such a thing? Imagine if Canon, Nikon, samsung, sony, or microsoft went out and did something like this? They don't. What about blackberries and HTCs?

I can't fault Apple as it's working wonders. Get your consumers up to walking and give them baby steps and shock them with a hyped up keynote. Its the only company in the world right now that can do such a thing and get away with it, which scares me. POWER is running deep into their veins

Steve Jobs: Flash Is No Longer Necessary
Stan Schroeder | Apr 29, 2010

Steve Jobs has just posted a long open letter on Flash, listing all the reasons why Apple has decided not to support it on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.

The letter is a clear, sober, in-depth view in all of Flash’s defects from Apple’s point of view, and while we’re sure it will be dissected over and over again in the upcoming days (especially the part about Flash not being open), you have to admire its frankness.

In short, Steve Jobs claims Flash drains the battery of mobile devices; it’s not very good for multi-touch operation; and its performance, reliability and security are all shoddy. It’s also a proprietary system, and while Jobs admits that their mobile OS is also proprietary, he claims that web standards should be open, like HTML5, CSS and JavaScript.

Most importantly Apple doesn’t want “a third party layer of software [to] come between the platform and the developer.â€

Jobs is unbelievable
smh.gif
Maybe if Apple designed devices with a decent battery Flash wouldnt "drain the battery of mobile devices." I'll be damned if playing Chess or running Safari or Youtube dont drain my battery in record times. FOH with saying Flash would be worse
smh.gif
smh.gif

The difference is striking: on an iPhone, for example, H.264 videos play for up to 10 hours, while videos decoded in software play for less than 5 hours before the battery is fully drained.

laugh.gif

alien.gif
smh.gif

And how much of the web uses H.264 videos? Does Youtube use H.264 for it's HD videos or something? I've only noticed videos encoded in that format when they're movies I'm tryin to download.

Actually it is a fact that flash drains batteries on all devices. Along with eating additional bandwidth draining the battery was one of the main issues with the current flash. I am only playing devils advocate here bet Adobe has promise a lite version of flash that is more compatible with mobile devices with nothing released as of yet. Even Adobe Air is still in its beta phase for the most part (last I checked).

I am only here to promote discussion, but this doesn't really breathe arrogance, but to me it promotes change and movement. Flash on Mobile devices is proving to be a problem. Competitors who try to use it are running into issues when it comes to comparing to the iPad. They can't throw in a full fledge Flash support and get the same battery life. The Windows 7 HP Slate*** is scrapped as well as the Courier now (This one one of the reasons)

*** The HP Slate is delayed due to the fact that Windows 7 OS is not fit to run on a tablet and HP just purchased Palm the makers of Web OS
------------- http://www.theinquirer.ne...-delayed----------------

Discuss

Back
Top Bottom