Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

I don’t think it would solve this issue, that was just a general statement. I think they should be paid way more, it’s not an easy job and it’s a cornerstone profession in our society. I think more qualified individuals would apply and it would weed out the bad teachers. I was blessed to have great teachers, I definitely wouldn’t be where I am today without them.

Like I said, I think investing more into mental health would help with this issue. I think it’s still stigmatized to seek help when you know something is wrong. It’s a shame nothing has changed since columbine
Teachers should get at least as much as cops and prison guards. Those jobs dont even require post secondary schooling. Teachers making less than 50 is a crime.

Actually if he was black they would have unfairly looked at him more seriously and this could have been prevented but sadly it is skin color that makes people react differently. :smh:

Bottom line is they didn’t treat him seriously as a threat but if his skin color was darker.....

Sad world we live in |l

how does white privilege, as you know it to be, influence your hypothetical "right" to a gun?

Well my post sort of insinuated that we'd be living in somewhat of a "utopian" society in that our current set of rampant and unique social problems wouldn't exist, so therefore white privilege wouldn't exist.

That's all fantasy though. I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel as much as I'd love to say I do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_masculinity
"Toxic" masculine norms include the traits of dominance, devaluation of women, extreme self-reliance, and the suppression of emotions.

This needs to be part of the big 3 when it comes to addressing the epidemic of violence, very disproportionately by the hands of men, that we have in addition to gun control and mental health. Toxic masculinity is something that doesn't only hurt others, but also consumes the lives of men themselves.

FB_IMG_1518665231329.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_masculinity

This needs to be part of the big 3 when it comes to addressing the epidemic of violence, very disproportionately by the hands of men, that we have in addition to gun control and mental health. Toxic masculinity is something that doesn't only hurt others, but also consumes the lives of men themselves.

rubbish....hiphop is rampant of da sort and aint no one running into schools mowing down innocent kids.

lets not get to distracted as well their was shooting at the NSA headquarters as well today. US GOVERNMENT can setup distractions to hide behind the real news as well.

Off topic but i saw a video of a restaurant throwing away am insanely large amount of bacon and I'm sure there was someone dying of starvation in a 3 mile radius... but of course, it's a business and that wouldn't be profitable. I swear, the concept and importance of money is a curse to a society.

It’s not as simple as that...there are certain processes that have to be undertaken to officially give away unused, prepared food. Companies are also responsible if the food makes someone sick. Basically, the risk isn’t worth it.

It’s not as simple as that...there are certain processes that have to be undertaken to officially give away unused, prepared food. Companies are also responsible if the food makes someone sick. Basically, the risk isn’t worth it.

This. In my old job they used to give the unused food to the homeless but had to stop after someone got sick

good luck with that.

Did a cop take this pic?

No one believes banning assault weapons will make them disappear. Limiting the number that’s available, will obviously make them harder to get and more expensive. Can’t imagine how this will not have a positive impact.

This. In my old job they used to give the unused food to the homeless but had to stop after someone got sick

Here in the Bay Area, some restaurant got sued by a homeless guy who got sick. Needless to say, it's now a law to discard a restaurant's leftovers.

rubbish....hiphop is rampant of da sort and aint no one running into schools mowing down innocent kids.
Adults are murdering kids and kids are murdering adults in the hood. Alot of rap promotes the violence. Not the topic, but rappers in large aren't doing communities favors.

Back
Top Bottom