Flyknit Chukka Thread

Grave digging this thread.

Thinking about getting some Flyknit Chukkas for causal hikes and cold weather.

What's the difference in SFB and FSB? Also sizing? I'm a 9.5 in flyknit racers.

Got a pair of squadron blue FSB and they're not bad for casual day hikes but I do double socks and went down .5 size. Feel I could have gone down a full size and still be fine.

These "were" casual only for me. No support with the very thin knit upper. Might give my pair to my cousin or something. Probably not worth trying to sell.

Grave digging this thread.

Thinking about getting some Flyknit Chukkas for causal hikes and cold weather.

What's the difference in SFB and FSB? Also sizing? I'm a 9.5 in flyknit racers.

I don't think there is a difference between SFB FSB, they should all be FSB. They are good for casual hikes, but I can't recommend them too much for cold weather environments. Nike promotes some of them as "winter proof", but they are anything but. They are relatively thin, and soak up water. Wearing them in snow, or in really cold temps is not the best of ideas. I find that I wear my AM95 more than my chukkas in the winter time. The soles are nice, as they have a lot of grip, and are very flexible. I wear size 9 in flyknit racers, and i have size 8 FSBs. I personally think a full size down is the way to go, but you could probably get away with a half size down.

Hmmmm

Might be going for some daily hikes in the Portland/NE region. So may be cold/rainy etc. what would y'all recommend?

Preferable Nike lol

Hmmmm

Might be going for some daily hikes in the Portland/NE region. So may be cold/rainy etc. what would y'all recommend?

Preferable Nike lol

I've got the wild horse 3 gtx that I like a lot. I was able to score them pretty cheaply on a return I found at an outlet. The kiger 3s are nice as well. The wild horse are a bit more plush though. They are firm though when compared to a lunaron or zoom runner like the Pegasus.

Waiting for the dentist

IMG_7705.JPG

Does anyone know or has figured out how to preserve the sole on the lunar flyknit chukkas? I have a pair where the lunar is bottoming out (doubt anything can be done there). The bottoms of the out soles are holding up OK, but they are not the sturdiest set up. The sides of the out sole are noticeably cracking and flaking. Is there anything to be done other than wearing them less?

Back
Top Bottom