FML-Acne

3c93655367a7903b4cea5cf49490ac2f8f6d8155_r.png

It does some damage to the esteem. Online classes ftw, but that's just a crutch. 

Stress is a pretty big factor as well, but in situations like mine, the stress can't be avoided. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Originally Posted by iceNcream

Food has nothing to do with acne unless you're specifically allergic to something, and neither does soda.
However, what will help is:

Drinking more water

Washing you're sheets often

Cleaning the inner headband of your hats more often (if you wear em)

Changing your washcloths more often

DON'T waste your money buying expensive products you find in CVS, go to the dermatologist and get a REAL prescription and if you can't, get some plain unscented bar soap and wash your face 2x a day

Food HAS everything to do with your acne. The garbage you put into your body like processed and fast food really shows up on your face. Eat more natural foods and lots vegetables and you'll see a big difference in how your face clears up. Best way to do this is just throw everything in a juicer and drink a glass a day. Cucumbers spinach carrots apples oranges berries and your set.Everything has been said in this thread already but I really recommend Vitamin b or pantothenic acid . I take 3 capsules a day along with a good diet and my acne went away FAST
No, it doesn't.
Source
Lol. Dude. Did you read the article you posted?

"Milk consumption has been associated with an increased risk of acne. Other studies have shown that a low glycemic index diet that’s high in fiber and fruits and vegetables is beneficial for acne," notes Pipkin. "So, if someone is suffering from acne, avoiding milk or sticking to a low glycemic index diet may actually be helpful."

Man accutane is for severe cases OP didnt even explain what type he has, they have so many types of acne.
Which is why he should go to a derm, not for a prescription but for the doctor to distinguish what kind he has.

I dont think acne is a deal breaker, look at Drose he is cute and he has acne w/e

Acne runs in my family and the following worked for me:
Change your diet 100%. Lots of green vegetables. Load up on the broccoli. Also, lots and lots of berries: marionberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries. No soda, nothing greasy. Avoid all processed foods. If it's in a wrapper and lasts for an indefinite amount of time, don't eat it. Fresh stuff only. Drink a lot of water.
Shower before you sleep. Oil from your hair goes to your face when you sleep. Wash your face towels and pillow cases at least once a week. Get your 8 hours of sleep per night. It makes a difference. Don't touch your face. Running is good too.

Humidity is great too. Avoid too much sun and too much cold.

As for facewash, I've tried both Neutrogena's 3-step program and ProActive's 3-step program. Neutrogena is a lot stronger, but can be too strong. You'll need to use some of that face toner to rub all the dry dead skin it'll leave on your face, which Neutrogena doesn't come with. Something in between Neutrogena and ProActive would probably be ideal in my opinion.

For those who've had success with accutane, was there a bad initial Breakout period? What were some side effects u experienced?

Originally Posted by krazyg

Originally Posted by iceNcream

Food HAS everything to do with your acne. The garbage you put into your body like processed and fast food really shows up on your face. Eat more natural foods and lots vegetables and you'll see a big difference in how your face clears up. Best way to do this is just throw everything in a juicer and drink a glass a day. Cucumbers spinach carrots apples oranges berries and your set.Everything has been said in this thread already but I really recommend Vitamin b or pantothenic acid . I take 3 capsules a day along with a good diet and my acne went away FAST
No, it doesn't.
Source

"Milk consumption has been associated with an increased risk of acne. Other studies have shown that a low glycemic index diet that’s high in fiber and fruits and vegetables is beneficial for acne," notes Pipkin. "So, if someone is suffering from acne, avoiding milk or sticking to a low glycemic index diet may actually be helpful."

The only reason why milk affects acne is because of the hormonal content in non-organic milk. It all comes down to hormonal imbalance.

Forget adjusting your diet overnight and get acne supplements. PERIOD.

Originally Posted by solegit08til

3c93655367a7903b4cea5cf49490ac2f8f6d8155_r.png

It does some damage to the esteem. Online classes ftw, but that's just a crutch. 

Stress is a pretty big factor as well, but in situations like mine, the stress can't be avoided. 
frown.gif

Lol u crazy for that!

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by ninjahood

listen to this man.

go see a dermotologist and get this asap.
Don't listen to either of these men.

Didn't accutane get sued for some side effects? It was pretty dangerous if I'm not mistaken.
So don't listen to people who have had good experiences with a life-changing drug, but listen to someone who has no experience with the drug? Sounds like good advice.
I'm telling them to look up the side effects. If you think it's worth it, be my guest
grin.gif

Thanks guys, my acne is doing better i mean it really got bad in december. i can deal with the acne, its just that some leave ##$$*@# scars and hyper pigmentation that may last for weeks to months. That is what really gets me, it affects me man, i used to to be out every weekend and doing what other teenagers do and this +#++ just makes me stay home and read,watch tv, despise those who have fun lol

Accutane for six months. Thank me later.

And don't listen to the NT haters who have never taken it and will try and convince you that it's the worst thing known to mankind.

This! I struggled on and off with acne for a few years when the doc prescribed accutane. It bombed my face and I haven't had more than one pimple on my face at a time since. Best thing out there.
It really makes things look worse at first. It's almost like it's pushing all the poison and bad chemicals in your face to surface and once it's done doing that it wipes them all the %*+@ out.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by girlslovewaffles

No, it doesn't.
Source

The only reason why milk affects acne is because of the hormonal content in non-organic milk. It all comes down to hormonal imbalance.

What about the article mentioning food with a lower glycemic index? I experienced this first hand just recently. In early January I was breaking out horribly due to my consumption of ramen (high glycemic load). I was eating at ramen shops 3-4x a week at least. I cut it out once I started to break out severely. Since then my acne has gradually subsided and I have not had any new breakouts. High Glycemic Foods = insulin (which is a hormone, which you believe to be the cause) = more sebum (oil) production. I agree with you that hormonal imbalance is the cause for acne, but I can not agree with your advice to neglect a change in diet.

Originally Posted by hewlett615

Thanks guys, my acne is doing better i mean it really got bad in december. i can deal with the acne, its just that some leave ##$$*@# scars and hyper pigmentation that may last for weeks to months. That is what really gets me, it affects me man, i used to to be out every weekend and doing what other teenagers do and this +#++ just makes me stay home and read,watch tv, despise those who have fun lol

If its hyper pigmentation then that is a different story.
You could use coco butter, lemon juice or ambi products.

Start using lotion with spf, so your dark spots dont continue to get  darker.

If its really severe you could do a lactic skin peel.

Build your confidence, acne isnt an excuse to hide in your room.

Originally Posted by jeppprox

For those who've had success with accutane, was there a bad initial Breakout period? What were some side effects u experienced?
I honestly didn't notice it because my acne wasn't particularly widespread, it was just concentrated. I did it to prevent scarring later on.

The only side effects I had were the standard stuff. Your skin WILL become insanely dry.

The important thing is to tell all your friends what you're about to do. These cases of depression stem from people who don't have a good support system. I explained to my friends what I was doing and they were very supportive the entire process. Even when I was suffering dry skin and whatnot, they always made comments about how I was looking better and such. That's incredibly important. Not to say I needed it, but they were aware of the situation, and it's nice to hear that every once in awhile.

man none of this $$!# works. you are 19? Drink water change your diet wash your face. It's not going away till you are about 23 or 24 same thing happened to me. Started right after high school I was pissed.

Originally Posted by 7Jordan7

is it true that masturbation can make you break out as well?
Yes. 100% true. Also, masturbating kills kittens.

it also increases mad cow disease and helps Kony find more children as well.

Originally Posted by girlslovewaffles

What about the article mentioning food with a lower glycemic index? I experienced this first hand just recently. In early January I was breaking out horribly due to my consumption of ramen (high glycemic load). I was eating at ramen shops 3-4x a week at least. I cut it out once I started to break out severely. Since then my acne has gradually subsided and I have not had any new breakouts. High Glycemic Foods = insulin (which is a hormone, which you believe to be the cause) = more sebum (oil) production. I agree with you that hormonal imbalance is the cause for acne, but I can not agree with your advice to neglect a change in diet.

not saying that diet changes don't help, just that in most cases, it's pretty difficult and leads to a lesser quality of life (yes i just said that eating less ramen leads to lesser quality of life
laugh.gif
). it's just that taking supplements is much easier. you get to eat what you like but save yourself from breakouts. of course, if you continue to break out after taking supplements for 3+ months, then yes it's time to re-evaluate what you're eating.

Originally Posted by hewlett615

Fml i still get acne at 19, i basically dropped out of school for this semester and haven't went out to a social even in like a year and a half. Oh, not to mention that i was the outgoing type, talking to girls was easy, but now i really hate my face....and %!%# man this is gay

Accutane bruh. All this stupid advice of working out, proactive, watch what you eat, etc is useless for people with real acne. I tried EVERYTHING. Changing my diet, always worked out(trained Muay thai/BJJ 5 times a week), every over the counter acne product, tetracycline, etc etc. I had cystic acne until I was about 22 and found a derm who would put me on accutane. Happy to say it was the best decision of my life and if you looked at my face now you would never be able to tell I had acne. I get like maybe 4 pimples a year now(if that).

F acne.

Back
Top Bottom