FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Idk just had to unds the hawk flights today, they arent as bad as yall make em out to be, they are a decent shoe, and they def didnt skimp out on the zoom air in the forefoot and heel
i had the air zoom 96 retros from many years ago. these look like the same material.  

to be honest how do they feel?  

Picked up the pack for $247 today thru a Swoosh friend...

Have someone buying the Hawks + box for $100 picked up.

I really like both shoes in the pack, but man the Hawks were butchered

I got a interview at a niketown thhis week, can someone on this site direct me to a nike employee benefit thread, I know i seen one on this site a while back but idk if its in general nike or nike retro

I just wanna know if i get the job how long till my swoosh account
pretty sure you get a store discount but the swoosh won't come for awhile I believe.

Idk just had to unds the hawk flights today, they arent as bad as yall make em out to be, they are a decent shoe, and they def didnt skimp out on the zoom air in the forefoot and heel

View media item 1835677

i had the air zoom 96 retros from many years ago. these look like the same material.  

to be honest how do they feel?  

The material feels kinda stiff, I think it's durabuck, and the shoe is a little spacious, i wear a 10.5 and the foams fit great but these feel like they are a 10.75 as they have some room in the toe

the cushion is A1 for retro cause we wll know how they love putting smaller zoom bags

The material feels kinda stiff, I think it's durabuck, and the shoe is a little spacious, i wear a 10.5 and the foams fit great but these feel like they are a 10.75 as they have some room in the toe

the cushion is A1 for retro cause we wll know how they love putting smaller zoom bags
Thanks.  I'm just super excited for these.  My last pairs of foams were the purple metallics and penny retros from MANY MANY years ago.  Did not know the foam thing resurfaced but just super humble and appreciative.

Thank you for the pic!

Repped!

Hey how do the foams feel? I usually wear a 12 or so in foams, will a 11.5 be fine? I know they will mold to your feet, but mine are kinda wide also. Thanks guys! 

Hey how do the foams feel? I usually wear a 12 or so in foams, will a 11.5 be fine? I know they will mold to your feet, but mine are kinda wide also. Thanks guys! 
What are you trynna say?  If you wear a 12, then get a 12.  Why must you compromise?  No one can really answer for you though.

"Mold to your feet"

I think that's the biggest urban myth in the history of sneakers. Nowhere since 1997 has Nike ever claimed that Foams will "mold to your feet". Please post a link or pic if I'm wrong.

All shoes will "mold to your feet" to some degree if you wear them enough. Foamposites were created as a new way of manufacturing shoes that could be done autonomously, without human workers if labor costs drastically increased. I read that in an Eric Avar interview. They were not made to mold to your feet. Urban sneaker myth.

It depends if you have a wide foot or not, some Nike shoes are fitted for people who do not have wide feet so people who do have wide feet would need to go a half size up.  JB sneakers are for people who do have wide feet because Jordan himself had wide feet so it's true to size for people who have wide feet and a half size down for those who do not.

"Mold to your feet"

I think that's the biggest urban myth in the history of sneakers. Nowhere since 1997 has Nike ever claimed that Foams will "mold to your feet". Please post a link or pic if I'm wrong.

All shoes will "mold to your feet" to some degree if you wear them enough. Foamposites were created as a new way of manufacturing shoes that could be done autonomously, without human workers if labor costs drastically increased. I read that in an Eric Avar interview. They were not made to mold to your feet. Urban sneaker myth.
i understand what you're upset about but the foams were supposed to be like that.  it's kind of like a memory foam technology.  i guess to rival the instapump or whatever.  basically allowing users to adjust/tinker/play with the cushioning.

i understand what you're upset about but the foams were supposed to be like that.  it's kind of like a memory foam technology.  i guess to rival the instapump or whatever.  basically allowing users to adjust/tinker/play with the cushioning.

Not upset at all. I love Foams but please post a link to any Nike marketing material ever claiming this. I've never seen it. You assume that bc it's what everyone says but IMO it's a myth.

Here's the original Foam Pro Eastbay scan, not a word about memory foam or molding to anyone's feet.

View media item 1835772

Last edited:
Not upset at all. I love Foams but please post a link to any Nike marketing material ever claiming this. I've never seen it. You assume that bc it's what everyone says but IMO it's a myth.
i agree. lol i don't know either and never thought much of it.  i always looked at it as a myth. in my experience i never gave it much thought. i just know that once the shoes are broken in, they are comfortable.  i honestly can't tell whether or not the foams played anything special for me.  what i'm trynna say is that all shoes feel comfortable after being broken in, and i didn't see/feel anything special w/ the foamposites.  i mean i ain't there doing experiments but they did feel comfy for me.  i will need time again to really see if i feel otherwise.

Pack is just looking at me on ndc 
nerd.gif

never believed the mold to your foot nonsense either and never felt that it did

I've only had the royals but had 3 or 4 pairs of them in total

never felt it once

foams are clunky as hell to me which is why I stopped at the royals outside the "fact" that they're the best looking ones

Last edited:
I'm actually older than you. I'm 31 which I guess is old by some of your guys standards.
Maybe you don't realize this but this is a hobby for many people. This is a forum for the hobby. I don't mind going back and forward when I'm trying to get a point across. I contribute tons of value to these forums as well as my nonsense.

My mans said he was gonna retire when he hit 30 because he was gonna be focused on his old man stuff
laugh.gif

My experience has been that my salary has grown as I got older so I can have my cake and eat it too.
this....  100%

Hahahahah dude must think only teenagers are on Niketalk thinking 28 is old REALLY
That's not what I thought. Just the back and forth on here seemed childish so I misunderstood the older crowd for a younger one. I also figured no one 30+ would be on a forum talking about sneakers. And the person I made the comment to combats with a lot of people in here so I figured he wasn't as old as I am.

I'm actually older than you. I'm 31 which I guess is old by some of your guys standards.
Maybe you don't realize this but this is a hobby for many people. This is a forum for the hobby. I don't mind going back and forward when I'm trying to get a point across. I contribute tons of value to these forums as well as my nonsense.

My mans said he was gonna retire when he hit 30 because he was gonna be focused on his old man stuff :lol:
My experience has been that my salary has grown as I got older so I can have my cake and eat it too.

With this "old man logic" I guess I should've retired 10 yrs ago.... :smh: :lol:

It depends if you have a wide foot or not, some Nike shoes are fitted for people who do not have wide feet so people who do have wide feet would need to go a half size up.  JB sneakers are for people who do have wide feet because Jordan himself had wide feet so it's true to size for people who have wide feet and a half size down for those who do not.

Do you just make this stuff up?

Jordan's pairs were for him and him only. It wouldn't have mattered anyways, pro players use orthotics or so much tape that a few millimeters are irrelevant. Why would JB alienate customers with nominal width using your rationale?? The differing widths are model design dependent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom