FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
I distinctly remember holding the 07 in my hand working at a shoe store at the time and saying how off they were from the 97. The texture of the foam was cheap as hell compared to the og. This new pair is closer imo

I distinctly remember holding the 07 in my hand working at a shoe store at the time and saying how off they were from the 97. The texture of the foam was cheap as hell compared to the og. This new pair is closer imo

the color or the texture?

The actual texture of the foam. The original was very smooth and soft. The very first thing I noticed on the 07 was that the foam had a texture to it that you could feel as You ran your fingers across it and I still had my ogs at that time. As far as color I really can't remember it being that different from this new pair tbh maybe slightly darker but I'm not mad at that.

Last edited:

The actual texture of the foam. The original was very smooth and soft. The very first thing I noticed on the 07 was that the foam had a texture to it that you could feel as You ran your fingers across it and I still had my ogs at that time. As far as color I really can't remember it being that different from this new pair tbh maybe slightly darker but I'm not mad at that.

im surprised that you said the texture is similar because the foam has changed a lot since even the 07s. ill defer tho because id be a liar if i could say otherwise :lol:

im surprised that you said the texture is similar because the foam has changed a lot since even the 07s. ill defer tho because id be a liar if i could say otherwise :lol:

I actually said the texture on 07's is NOT similar to the 97's. Imo it was rough in comparison.

I actually said the texture on 07's is NOT similar to the 97's. Imo it was rough in comparison.

Maybe I worded it wrong.
I understood what you said. The texture is the same comment was in correlation to you saying the 17 and OG were the same.
The texture has changed a lot since 07 meant that it's surprising that you are saying the texture is going back to the OG when I felt as tho everything was going away from it.

Maybe I worded it wrong.
I understood what you said. The texture is the same comment was in correlation to you saying the 17 and OG were the same.
The texture has changed a lot since 07 meant that it's surprising that you are saying the texture is going back to the OG when I felt as tho everything was going away from it.

Oh ok. Yeah I'd say the 17 is closer to the og than the 07. Both Still different yes, but the 17 is the closer of the 2.

View media item 2307354Been wanting to get these since they came out when I was in 6th grade. Never had my size available or never had the money at the time. Was out at the mall and decided to check and see if anyone had my size. Shoe Palace had the last size 13 left and grabbed mine and a pair for my son.

Walked into footaction and they had my size. Asked them what rewards I get for buyin space jams for $220. She tells me I'm $5 short for gold status. Wtf?? I have to spend $5 then wait a week to get the extra $20??

Took an extended lunch break from the office yesterday and was surprised footlocker still had my size. First pair of shoes I bought at retail in years And was hurting when I was swiping my card for a near $250 shoe. Had the ogs as a freshman in high school and I'm glad I didn't pass or wait any longer.

View media item 2307337

Lowkey Bibby and Simon in the '97 NCAA tourney had me wanting these shoes more than Penny...blasphemous, I know!

Lowkey Bibby and Simon in the '97 NCAA tourney had me wanting these shoes more than Penny...blasphemous, I know!

That's understandable. I like Concords not because of Jordan, but because Iverson balled out in 'em his sophomore year at Georgetown so I definitely can relate.

That's awesome, I'm with you bro I also had wanted pewters but found that these had a nice little twist but looked similar enough!

I have quite a few pairs of foams now so after I get the royals I'm taking a break lol but regarding the shooting stars and the Olympics very hard to say. I like them both and they both have their pros and cons.

IMO Olympics have the benefit of being a very clean and well executed colour way while being subtle (maybe too subtle for some) while shooting stars have a nice nod to his majic days but seem may seem as too loud or juvenile due to the star graphic on the eyestay to some. If I had to pick one I'm not sure which I would but I'm kinda leaning a little bit more to shooting stars. I think the star graphic with the magic is a nice homage to Penny and his days with them, the insoles are cool as well!

Hey buddy, thanks for your help with which one to look for. Being one of the "old heads" on here (I'm 40) I remember like yesterday when Penny was traded for CWebb on draft night & watched some Magic games on TNT. Plus the best commercials with Lil' Penny. I'll have to try & see if I can find a reasonable priced pair of Shooting Stars. Thanks again. Repped! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom