FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Same 
smokin.gif

Weren't the 2007 and 2008 HoH foams the same, except for the copper insole for the HoH ones?

I think that was the reason, why I did not get the HoH release and yes it is pretty seldom.

You can't put the sharpies into comparison, since they used a completly different mold. The Sharpies have no stitching in the toe area, but rather on the inner and outer side. I actually do not know why this and another foam release (can not remember which one) did use this mold, probably because of some bypassing or production issues.

I will compare the color though, just to get an impression on how close it is to the others!

Weren't the 2007 and 2008 HoH foams the same, except for the copper insole for the HoH ones?

I think that was the reason, why I did not get the HoH release and yes it is pretty seldom.

You can't put the sharpies into comparison, since they used a completly different mold. The Sharpies have no stitching in the toe area, but rather on the inner and outer side. I actually do not know why this and another foam release (can not remember which one) did use this mold, probably because of some bypassing or production issues.

I will compare the color though, just to get an impression on how close it is to the others!
Also the mini swoosh is outlined on the 08 hoh version

Since most of us know about the 1997, 2007, 2011, and latest 2017 pairs of these, but what about the seldom mentioned 2008 House Of Hoops pairs?

I believe not many have those since they strictly released at House Of Hoops stores in 2008 when they weren't saturated with lots of locations all over USA like in the present.

I've read that the 2008 version are actually the closest to the 1997 version. Can anyone corroborate that?

Closest to 97s? Maybe. The 07s and the HoH 08s were exactly the same. Other than the dope penny insole!

Naw they weren't the exact same
Hoh royals weren't the exact same color
Had the Penny insole
The royal outlined swoosh
But the biggest thing at the time was Nike had made the soles icier which precluded what we have today.

Last edited:
anyone care to explain to me why these neon royal penny foams sitting everywhere?

I haven't seen this foam just chill in stores since 1997.

guess times are changing...

There's a couple of reasons.

1. The price is higher than usual for neon blue foams. $30 increase to be exact, and that's a lot in a span of 5-6 years.

2. Foamposite One's have known to be uncomfortable in recent years. More people going with comfort over looks right now, just look at what the hypebeast's are copping from adidas right now. Comfort-based shoes. Foamposite's are the complete opposite of that right now, as clunky as they are.

3. The color blue just isn't in right now, and hasn't been for the last 5-7 years. Doesn't look like that's changing either.

4. Too many other highly anticipated shoes releasing right now. Obviously Yeezys have been running the hype train as of late, just as Foams we're heading the hype train in 2009.

I think after this 2017 dark neon Foamposite release, we won't see another pair until 2023 or some time around then. Until then, these will become coveted again and you'll see prices go up on the after market just as soon as the interest goes up.

I will always be a dark neon blue Foamposite Stan, so I'll always be buying a release pair as long as it's at retail.

Last edited:
anyone care to explain to me why these neon royal penny foams sitting everywhere?

I haven't seen this foam just chill in stores since 1997.

guess times are changing...

There's a couple of reasons.

1. The price is higher than usual for neon blue foams. $30 increase to be exact, and that's a lot in a span of 5-6 years.

2. Foamposite One's have known to be uncomfortable in recent years. More people going with comfort over looks right now, just look at what the hypebeast's are copping from adidas right now. Comfort-based shoes. Foamposite's are the complete opposite of that right now, as clunky as they are.

3. The color blue just isn't in right now, and hasn't been for the last 5-7 years. Doesn't look like that's changing either.

4. Too many other highly anticipated shoes releasing right now. Obviously Yeezys have been running the hype train as of late, just as Foams we're heading the hype train in 2009.

I think after this 2017 dark neon Foamposite release, we won't see another pair until 2023 or some time around then. Until then, these will become coveted again and you'll see prices go up on the after market just as soon as the interest goes up.

I will always be a dark neon blue Foamposite Stan, so I'll always be buying a release pair as long as it's at retail.

Foams have been selling out for the $230-$250 price for years now my man. You have just been in a time capsule or something.

Last edited:
Remind me though please? I don't remember foams selling out since red Metallics in 2012. Besides those, everything else since then has been sitting or hit discount prices extremely hard.

Remind me though please? I don't remember foams selling out since red Metallics in 2012. Besides those, everything else since then has been sitting or hit discount prices extremely hard.

I'm not going to go through the list but pairs have definitely sold out. Stuff like metallic golds, olympics, stealths have sold very very well. Holograms and gone fishings (the Chicago outlet drop doesn't count.)

Last edited:
Still sour I didn't pick up a pair of Olympics. That was an extremely well put together colorway - probably the nicest non-og CW of last year, IMO.

Last edited:
Still sour I didn't pick up a pair of Olympics. That was an extremely well put together colorway - probably the nicest non-og CW of last year, IMO.

I'm in the same boat. I'll grab a pair eventually and I def didn't expect the sellout that happened.

Around my way, foams such as yeezys, golds, gone fishing, holograms, and the two chromes all sold instantly. The resell prices on those have gone down to retail on most of those starting from last year.

Saw this dude over the weekend on Pennsylvania Ave (Baltimore) with em on and I start feeling stupid for not grabbin em when they was sitting for a minute here smh

Held tight all weekend but seeing as yeezys not dropping at footsites I went ahead and got from eb. Thanks for the link
no problem, I got a call last night after I placed my order saying that they didn't have the size 12 I ordered, they are sending me an 11.5 to try, I expect it to be too small but we'll see, I'll most likely be looking for a size swap or I'll have to return mine.

I'm in the same boat. I'll grab a pair eventually and I def didn't expect the sellout that happened.

Agreed! I figured I could sleep on them awhile like most foams and pick up in store, use a code or reward online to cut into that price tag, they went quick though. Even the GS pair looks nice, have seen more women wearing them than men.

I have never been a fan of white foams, but that icey blue sole, red hits and gold swoosh... man :smokin

Agreed! I figured I could sleep on them awhile like most foams and pick up in store, use a code or reward online to cut into that price tag, they went quick though. Even the GS pair looks nice, have seen more women wearing them than men.

I have never been a fan of white foams, but that icey blue sole, red hits and gold swoosh... man :smokin

I justified playing around because I have the USA lebron Xs :smh:

The white finish on the oly foams came correct :pimp:

they released at a time where foams were a hit or miss imo. There were a couple cw that were trash but the olympics were dope. I had the mentality of "trash cw foams releasing and theyre sitting, I think these will sit too" well....what do you know lol OOS!

they released at a time where foams were a hit or miss imo. There were a couple cw that were trash but the olympics were dope. I had the mentality of "trash cw foams releasing and theyre sitting, I think these will sit too" well....what do you know lol OOS!

Same, I was actually just gonna post that, damn near word for word. Foams are always hit or miss in NY. Never thought I would see Doom Pro's sitting - but in NY, at this time - there they sit at my local JJ.

Olymipcs were just a super clean CW - and they look like a summer shoe, dropped the right time of year. Definitely a more aesthetically pleasing foam than Nike has released in awhile, IMO.

Naw they weren't the exact same
Hoh royals weren't the exact same color
Had the Penny insole
The royal outlined swoosh
But the biggest thing at the time was Nike had made the soles icier which precluded what we have today.
Icey Soles Matter!!

Back
Top Bottom