FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
I have been patiently waiting for a good foam release since I missed out on the mini checks.. There just hasn’t been any. I thought there was some light with the Home PE that was supposed to release last year. Even with it being butchered for men and not kids, I was still looking to cop. Now we’re in the 25th Anniversary and there hasn’t been a PEEP about what we can expect this year.. I’m trying to hold off from going to the “grave yard” of resell incase something does show up..

Is it really? Why make foams which cost more and usually go on sale when you can pump out GR dunks that cost way less and sell out each time.
First of all, all of the foams that released last year sold out quickly, for RETAIL. In past years, Nike released so many garbage colorways of the foams that of course they were going to go on sale.

Selling GR dunks is not a long term strategy. At some point, dunks will sit and go on sale too.

Nike needs to maintain a diverse portfolio of products or the brand will get stale in a hurry.

Last edited:
Nikes top selling shoes are Air Force 1s and Monarch’s and tanjuns or whatever them ****s are called …they’ll be fine not selling foams. Besides, it is not uncommon for a shoe to be in and in and out of the limelight. Foams are cool, but even the beloved colors went on sale during the 20th anniversary.
1. In 2017, Nike did a poor job of building up hype for the shoe. The royals had their release date pushed up at the last minute with lots of people unaware.

2. Foams at the time were at their lowest point in terms of hype. 2017 was peak Yeezy 350 and Ultraboost/NMD hype. Knit shoes were the rage and people just weren’t wearing bulkier shoes. Even then and even with foams being super GR (a very good thing) they STILL sold well.

3. Times have changed, 2021 showed that foams would sell, all of the foam releases in 2021 sold out fast. Even the 520 dollar CDG foams sold well. 2022 is the perfect time for Nike to have some big foam releases.

4. If you don’t care about foams releasing, wtf are you doing in this thread? Just unwatch this thread and go subscribe to the Nike Dunks thread.

Last edited:
i'm hoping they do release OG foams this year. and that they're very attainable again so I can finally get some damn royals. but if they don't, and I wouldn't be surprised because this is nike and they can be hit or miss with anniversaries (plus supply chain issues seem to be messing up plenty of plans), it's not like there aren't plenty of other shoes to grab in the meantime.

20220127_140647.jpg

1. In 2017, Nike did a poor job of building up hype for the shoe. The royals had their release date pushed up at the last minute with lots of people unaware.

2. Foams at the time were at their lowest point in terms of hype. 2017 was peak Yeezy 350 and Ultraboost/NMD hype. Knit shoes were the rage and people just weren’t wearing bulkier shoes. Even then and even with foams being super GR (a very good thing) they STILL sold well.

3. Times have changed, 2021 showed that foams would sell, all of the foam releases in 2021 sold out fast. Even the 520 dollar CDG foams sold well. 2022 is the perfect time for Nike to have some big foam releases.

4. If you don’t care about foams releasing, wtf are you doing in this thread? Just unwatch this thread and go subscribe to the Nike Dunks thread.
I think this is a rebranding thing, not an economics thing. Everything you said makes sense but they aren’t worried about if they will sell, it’s who they’ll sell to.

Its gotta be production related cuz they cancelled the penny 3s last year along with like 3 pairs of mens foams and its been dry ever since except the cdgs

Its gotta be production related cuz they cancelled the penny 3s last year along with like 3 pairs of mens foams and its been dry ever since except the cdgs
That was Nikes attempt at divesting from y’all 😂 but I’m guessing those high fashion foams didn’t capture the demographic they had hoped it would, otherwise they’d have more coming. Supply chains are slow but not stopped. There’s no precious metals that need to be mined in order to make a pair of these lol. Nikes choices are just coinciding with these economic conditions, not being influenced by them.

This could be why FOAMposite releases have been dry:

https://www.businessinsider.com/couches-mattresses-delayed-foam-shortage-2021-10

Affected furniture, mattress and boat production all last year.
those articles lag. Oct 21 and it was already alleviating at the time of writing. Unless adidas bought the world supply for their crocxyeezy

top 3:
monarchs started the dad shoe weird a** balenciaga trend
tanjuns are the favorite sneaker of peloton riders everywhere
Ups are the new Uggs
and foams get you into the secondary search line at security checkpoints

they are slowly turning the faucet off

those articles lag. Oct 21 and it was already alleviating at the time of writing. Unless adidas bought the world supply for their crocxyeezy

top 3:
monarchs started the dad shoe weird a** balenciaga trend
tanjuns are the favorite sneaker of peloton riders everywhere
Ups are the new Uggs
and foams get you into the secondary search line at security checkpoints

they are slowly turning the faucet off
You do realize that sneakers are produced like 6 mos before release, right? And it takes a number of months before they go into production to plan and design them? So using that timeline, Nike would've been in the planning stages for new 2022 Foam releases sometime around early '21, during the peak of the shortage. So, they probably shelved any and all plans on Foams due to material shortages, increased costs and unknown future availability, and will likely return to them when production has more certainty surrounding it.

Not everything is a grand conspiracy to disappoint/anger customers.

Not everything is a grand conspiracy to disappoint/anger customers.
1. conspiracy is a grand reach
2. everything nike does is to satisfy their target market. if they take away from a less desired customer group to satisfy the target, then technically they are actively disappointing customers

according to the people on this thread, theyve completely cut resources from foams to satisfy more popular lines. That alone would be a direct action by nike, choosing one segment over another, inevitably leading to disappointment.

1. conspiracy is a grand reach
2. everything nike does is to satisfy their target market. if they take away from a less desired customer group to satisfy the target, then technically they are actively disappointing customers

according to the people on this thread, theyve completely cut resources from foams to satisfy more popular lines. That alone would be a direct action by nike, choosing one segment over another, inevitably leading to disappointment.
You got it wrong. . Nike does everything to satisfy it's shareholders ... #bottomline

You got it wrong. . Nike does everything to satisfy it's shareholders ... #bottomline
https://www.researchgate.net/public...action_and_Stock_Prices_High_Returns_Low_Risk

"Everything we do starts with the consumer," Nike CEO Mark Parker told investors during an earnings call in 2015. "It's our obsession with serving the consumer that sharpens our focus and drives our growth."

deflecting od, focus on the larger concepts and stop talking in absolutes

That's a fact. It's been apparent for awhile now that Nike doesn't gaf about its consumers lmao.
bc nike talk isnt the consumers they are worried about. Do not take this as me defending them. I dont like nike anymore as theyve made it impossible for me to buy. I cant cop jordans with out a robot and i cant cop foams without a time machine. but they care a lot about a specific segment. We are not that segment.

Back
Top Bottom