Foamposites: The new Jordan Retro?

^i'm all for whoever rocking the shoe for whatever reason, but i can't rock with that logic entirely.

For me the allure of the foamposite was due to the fact that they never saturated the market. You got a colorway or two and you might not see another for years...and it didn't matter because the shoe WILL hold up over time.

That's why my crew never missed a foam pro release, whether they came back out or not, they were vicious forever. Same with duncans and flightposites. I had the collection most of these dudes are trying to build now 7 years ago, and i'm not even an old head.

Only foam i wouldn't mind seeing annually are royals, just because.

Originally Posted by SpoiledFeet

Nike lettin the new generation experience the shoe. Keepin it alive for the next one. Ain't nothin wrong with that. Dudes act like the shoes belong to one generation and shouldn't GR. I don't pay enough attention to other people to care what they rocking. The more popular the more colors drop fine with me.

and goin by that logic, thats why sooo many beloved kicks from the early to mid 90's have been bastardized by nike with MANY atrocious cw's...its not about caring about the next man, its about a shoe you loved getting treated like a broad late night on the strip...
smh.gif
...IMO

sounds like it is with all the hype going around
smh.gif
....eggplants and pearls started this mess, i just hope it doesnt get as bad as JB

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

Originally Posted by SpoiledFeet

Nike lettin the new generation experience the shoe. Keepin it alive for the next one. Ain't nothin wrong with that. Dudes act like the shoes belong to one generation and shouldn't GR. I don't pay enough attention to other people to care what they rocking. The more popular the more colors drop fine with me.

and goin by that logic, thats why sooo many beloved kicks from the early to mid 90's have been bastardized by nike with MANY atrocious cw's...its not about caring about the next man, its about a shoe you loved getting treated like a broad late night on the strip...
smh.gif
...IMO

Kicks from the early to mid 90's was built on releasing like this all over. I'm speakin from Ohio not NY or LA. Most of the dudes cryin about GR's for foams probably live next door to HOH and Nike been payin theyre rent for the last 2 years. Not directing at u just makin a point. But I see where u comin from. I love the shoe too but if it stays how it was I'll never have em. For retail. Only GR Retro I been mad at is the 95's Nike ruined that shoes legacy IMO. Won't even buy em anymore. Also mad at the Pippen 1's.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

dudes just started D-riding them who had no business too. Same dudes were the ones saying they were
sick.gif
before are those same ones prolly rocking them now.

co-sign

Quite honestly, I didn't even know they were people who found foamposites ugly until I joined NT.

Most people I know always thought foams were
pimp.gif
, even females.

Foams weren't as common as Jordans, but people @#$% with them....I'm just speaking from my own point of view of course.

Jordan retros have been retroed repeatedly and theyre easy to get in terms of them being at FL, Champs, FNL, Eastbay, etc.
not to mention all the fakes and lame/bad colorways and hybrids JB comes out with has really put a dent into the JB legacy

Originally Posted by loskickking23

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Precisely why i'm favoring my flightposites to foams right now. As much as i love the shoe, i don't want to be apart of this foolery going on.

I bought the NDS OG royals in 2004 for $80 bucks, smh at what's happened to this shoe.

Exactly !!!!!
thats stupid logic...flightposites are just as loved as foamposites, only extra added is da player endorsement.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Precisely why i'm favoring my flightposites to foams right now. As much as i love the shoe, i don't want to be apart of this foolery going on.

I bought the NDS OG royals in 2004 for $80 bucks, smh at what's happened to this shoe.

Exactly !!!!!
thats stupid logic...flightposites are just as loved as foamposites, only extra added is da player endorsement.
Eggplant flightposites sat on shelves for weeks some places months...............eggplant foams flew off in a day........and only extra added is HYPE and player endorsements.................dont get me wrong but I luv the foams but I see an oversaturation on the way......After oversaturation here comes the bootlegs....Just hate to see foams go down that way...Also I have always liked FP's a lil more.........to each is own though..........

msrp n hype made foams feeel like jays but copin & campin out is no way near like jordan campouts which iz 1000x crazier

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

dudes just started D-riding them who had no business too. Same dudes were the ones saying they were
sick.gif
before are those same ones prolly rocking them now.

You know i put you on pennys and foams!! 
wink.gif

You was all new balance and af1's before lol.

laugh.gif
memphisboi u a fool man
laugh.gif

i just buy what i llike...i wanted the cactus joints a few years ago but i had to pass cause
i found the old love new love pack DS for 119

Hypebeast or w.e....who cares what others are wearing.

i been rocking my coppers everyday since friday too after i gottem thursday
pimp.gif

Nike_Air_Force_One_Shoes.jpg

as long as they dont fuse these                                                           
nike-air-foamposite-royal-blue-vs-eggplant-2-600x399.jpg

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Exactly !!!!!
Eggplant flightposites sat on shelves for weeks some places months...............eggplant foams flew off in a day........and only extra added is HYPE and player endorsements.................dont get me wrong but I luv the foams but I see an oversaturation on the way......After oversaturation here comes the bootlegs....Just hate to see foams go down that way...Also I have always liked FP's a lil more.........to each is own though..........

especially for playing ball.
zoom air in FP's hit sooooo much better

Duncans flights and foams are all the same to me.

I swap the rotation when I see a popularity spike in one of them...in a go-left manner, that's all.

We all know how that goes. I just don't want to see foams go the corny way...cuz I'ma love these joints forever.

Originally Posted by curtisboy

AGREED

Originally Posted by justcallmeeric

Originally Posted by curtisboy

AGREED
Y'all ain't kidding!  That would be beyond painful to witness.

I was ever really exposed to Foamposites until recently. Thank You Nike Talk. I'll admit, the coppers got me going nuts, I'm still waiting to see if my man came through with a pair on the low....

But anyway, I don't think it was hype that got me on 'posites, but I think the excitement made it more worth going hard for. At least for me who never really had a chance to decide wether I liked em before a couple of months ago when the coppers were spotted on my man Wale.

I really like em and I'm trying to cop all the releases this year, I know it will be tough living in Spokane, and being a student, but Ima try. Hype sucks, but it also can help those that are unaware of a dope shoe, to become exposed and diversify their collection. Its like investing in a foreign stock market, diversity my dudes.

the foamposite are pretty sick and with jordans alot of people are gettin fakes from everywhere and which drives me nuts people buying them most of them think there real.. foamposite are very rare to find fake.. i love jordans but its starting to get to a point where i feel like i have to start messing around with something else that arent made for suckers standing next to me paying more then half the price i paid for look a likes.. im a true sneaker head and ill point out a fake pair even if there there original color ways easy and i put people like that on blast and it turns into a 20 min convo on proving how there fake and that there not stolen thats why the price was so low.. i think the whole jordan thing is going to flop sooner or later hopefully it doesnt.. if it does hopefully it comes back out years from now when im still going to have every pair of mine looking mint.. the coppers are pretty sick though the whole fact on how they call him penny its about time they made a pair to match the name lol

if they end up fusioning them ill start wearing hush puppies and give up on sneakers.. DO NOT FUSION A GREAT SNEAKER

Some dudes in here are lame...thinkin their cool because they've been on foams since they dropped out of their mommas woom smh.

I won't front...I've only been rockin foams for a few years (after the 07 royals) and they're def on of my fav shoes now.

I see no problem with new foam heads as long as their in it because they like the shoe, not because of the hype that's involved..or even if they buy em for the hype and end up falling in love with the shoe is cool too. I just see too many dudes buy into these...then when the new "thing" comes along they want nothing to do with the previous "hype"

To answer ops ?...I think people are just tired of the poor quality JB has been putting out myself included. They want to try something new with better quality.

Originally Posted by pdot87

if they end up fusioning them ill start wearing hush puppies and give up on sneakers.. DO NOT FUSION A GREAT SNEAKER
1/2 cents came out pretty well...

Back
Top Bottom