FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

36BA8FC3-517C-4166-BE6D-7E2589A857B7.jpeg
This is why I don’t post anymore DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican nothing exciting cooking at home. :lol:

Everything cooked on a charcoal Webber in 20 degree weather except rice. :pimp:

Chicken things
Yams
Onions
Bell peppers
Jasmine rice

Most of my Christmas shopping has been online but the wife & I had to go to the mall to get a few things. We were gonna go out to eat but when we got a wiff of the teriyaki chicken at Sarku Japan, that ish called us... Brought it home to eat.
4D4415C9-CB8A-4849-87B0-530EDF84BF54.jpeg

Most of my Christmas shopping has been online but the wife & I had to go to the mall to get a few things. We were gonna go out to eat but when we got a wiff of the teriyaki chicken at Sarku Japan, that ish called us... Brought it home to eat.
4D4415C9-CB8A-4849-87B0-530EDF84BF54.jpeg
Sarku japan only good once in a while.

Can you explain everything that is there. I am ignorant when it comes to what is served for Hanukkah

No disrespect

It’s actually kind of a hodgepodge of stuff. The only traditional Hanukkah dish is the latkes. There’s both sour cream and apple sauce on the table to put on the latkes. I do sour cream, my son does apple sauce and my wife does a combo.

The little ball things are a Danish pastry called ableskeivers. Kind of a barely sweet donut hole. My mother-in-law is from Denmark and she made those. I eat those plain, but people like to split them open and put jam or Nutella in the middle.

And then there’s a big bowl of sweet peas, Jose because I thought we needed some kind of non-potato veggie on the table.

Oh, and latkes are a pan fried potato pancake. Potato, onion, egg, flour, salt and pepper. Real simple, but a fair amount of work due to all the necessary peeling and shredding.

595CF173-3F76-42DE-A0B7-D0D94111EA2B.jpeg

Restaurant in my neighborhood had brunch w/ santa, so we took the girl. This is plate #1...apple brioche bake, yogurt/granola/fruit, veggies, cornflake crusted hot dog. If u don’t like ur food touching, my plate aint for u lol

There's actually 1 really good one.
My dad loves Chinese buffets so we've been to most. All of them pretty much have the same stuff but this one is different.

This particular one has more than 1,000 reviews.
More reviews than legit restaurants

There's actually 1 really good one.
My dad loves Chinese buffets so we've been to most. All of them pretty much have the same stuff but this one is different.

This particular one has more than 1,000 reviews.
More reviews than legit restaurants
Link

Chinese buffet in South Carolina
:emoji_no_mouth:

You never know, man. Some hidden gems out there. Haven’t you ever watched Diners, Dive-Ins and Dives? :tongue:

(That said, I probably would also would have some initial skepticism toward a Chinese buffet joint in South Carolina :lol:)

When I first relocated to Houston me and mom tried this Chinese buffet...and its best Chinese buffet I had in my life.

They even had Tex-mex food which tasted way better than the Chinese food. Probably because the restaurant is Mexican owned the chefs are Mexican. Lol. Which I’m cool with.

also have to mention was the 1st time having crawfish in abundance....i just kept going back till i tapped out and that took a while.

Last edited:
Copped a ribeye and decided I want to do something different with it tonight. Gonna make this Action Bronson sandwich:

Made a makeshift red wine sludge with some conocord grape fruit spread/aged balsamic/red wine vinegar/salt. Might add some pickled red onion for additional bite and acidity. Promise I won't burn the ribeye like he did.

Back
Top Bottom