FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

On occasion, I really enjoy a basic bologna and American cheese sandwich. On wheat bread with mayo and yellow mustard. Guess my whiteness is too much to overcome sometimes. :lol:

Was at the supermarket copping some waffles and these caught my eye :lol: haven’t had corn dogs in forever

They’re alright. Better with some hot sauce

DF9F8FBE-8679-43BB-81FB-CF9BBD9A0442.jpeg

From last night:
2FD5FB16-2A6F-474A-9701-C31FC0BE650E.jpeg
Homemade Jambalaya Pasta featuring chicken and “extra blackened” andouille sausage :lol: with Garlic Bread using my own butter and herb blend.

First time making it and turned out pretty damn good. Creamy sauce just how I like it. Eventually going to try replacing the pasta with zucchini noodles.

All the best food comes in styrofoam packaging even if it’s terrible for the environment. >D

Edit - Still haven’t come across anyone selling a church dinner in a styrofoam package with that magical piece of corn bread... Don’t care if it’s fried chicken or catfish, baked chicken, or spaghetti... I just want a church dinner...

Last edited:
Waited 30 minutes for
1 chicken sandwich at Popeyes.
once they brought it out i asked for return.

Peep the time stamp
image.jpeg

8:05 card was swipe
8:32 my money was returned

I also waited like 2-3 minutes on the line.

I could have made my own chicken sandwich and wouldn't have taken 30 minutes.

Last edited:
If you've ever eaten attiéké (pronounced acheke) then I think you would agree that this dish is too bomb. Usually eaten with fish or chicken, my family always eats it with fish while my sis and I usually opt for chicken due to allergies. Got to the table late lol.

20181216_185210.jpg

This is the fish.
20181216_185235.jpg

My plate was a little different this time. Still great.
20181216_185316.jpg

Had dominoes for the first time in years.

I ordered the "7.99 special" which is a large with 3 toppings.
I chose pepperoni, sausage, and green peppers.
The first thing that I noticed was the sausage. They are like huge square chunks, like the size of a crouton, and unlike other guys meat, theirs had juice come out of it when i squeezed it.
A welcome surprise.
The crust was phenomenal.
It was as crisp as that first cut into construction paper.
Pepperoni was an afterthought but it was not bad, pretty standard fast food oily pepperoni.
The bellpeppers were a nice surprise. It's almost as if someone actually cut a bell pepper up, if you look there is a lack of conformity with the pieces which to me signifies non frozen veggies however I could be wrong. They were the best tasting green peppers I've had on a ff pizza by far tho.
The cheese wasn't as gooey as I would have liked but it did it's job.
The sauce was just average and not enough for my taste. Definitely the thing that stood out the least.

For a large for 8 bucks it's a hellova deal and it tasted much better than I had anticipated.
I'd definitely eat this again and I'm even more curious as to how their other pies taste.

20181216_132303.jpg

80B955B7-77A0-419D-82E4-32FA886E32DB.jpeg
New Popeyes opened this week. Of course they got my order wrong

Waited 30 minutes for
1 chicken sandwich at Popeyes.
once they brought it out i asked for return.

Peep the time stamp
image.jpeg

8:05 card was swipe
8:32 my money was returned

I also waited like 2-3 minutes on the line.

I could have made my own chicken sandwich and wouldn't have taken 30 minutes.

Should've got some freebies

Back
Top Bottom