FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

^^^ I’m just not a wine person. Much prefer hard liquor, mixed drinks or beer. Not exactly sure why...

ya same here... when i go out i usually drink beer so im not too messed up... but if at the crib usually mixed drinks captain and coke and for a special occasion ill break out the henny...

This looks good but I would like to try it (not with the bread) with Beef Stew.

Nice color

Made something similar to that recently. Braised short ribs in a sweet soy sauce/gravy. Sorry for the ****** pic.
BE79AABD-E6F1-4E7C-9B25-5152FA7788C8.jpeg

Recipe please?
Ingredients:

5-10lbs of beef short ribs

2 - medium sized onions

15 - large cloves of garlic

4 - green onions

1 - asian pear

1 - can of Coke

1 - cup of soysauce

1 - teaspoon of sesame oil

5 - carrots

1 - tablespoon of honey

1.5 - teaspoon of black pepper

salt to taste. I don’t add any, because the soy sauce is already salty enough.

Prep/Wash the short ribs:

I wash the short ribs throughly in the sink. Then transfer them to a large bowl with water in it to cover. Let them soak in water to remove excess blood from the short ribs for about an hour or two (might have to repeat this step twice).

Pre boil the short ribs:

In a large pot, add the shorts ribs with water, and boil for 20-30 minutes. After that, dump out the water and rinse off the short ribs. Next, return the short ribs back to the pot and add water to barely cover the ribs. Bring to a boil and add about 5 cloves of garlic and one whole onion. You don’t need to peel the garlic and onion for this step, because you’re going to toss it out afterwards. I also add the cut ends of the carrots at this time. Let the ribs simmer with the lid on for about an hour. Be sure to skim off the oil/fat off the top with a ladle a few times.

Make Veggie/Aromatics puree:

Chop up one medium onion, 10 cloves of garlic, 1 asian pear, and 3 green onions and add it to the food processor, then puree. Then leave it to the side.

After the short ribs have been simmering for an hour, remove the veggies and cooking liquid from the pot, but make sure to leave about 2-3 cups of cooking liquid, as it will be the flavor base to the dish. Bring back to a simmer.

Add the wet ingredients to the pot.

-1 cup of soy sauce

-puree’d veggies

-1 can of Coke

-tablespoon of honey

-teaspoon of sesame oil

Add in the black pepper and bring to boil then reduce the heat and simmer for another hour.

After simmering for an hour. Chop up the carrots into 2” pieces and add to the pot. Let it simmer for an additional hour with the lid off.

Give the sauce a taste. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. The short ribs should be fork tender at this point. Like with any braised dishes, the longer it simmers, the better it will taste.

Should be ready to serve now. At the end, slice up the remaining green onions and garnish the ribs with it.

I suggest serving it with plain white rice.

/SPOILER]

Ingredients:

5-10lbs of beef short ribs

2 - medium sized onions

15 - large cloves of garlic

4 - green onions

1 - asian pear

1 - can of Coke

1 - cup of soysauce

1 - teaspoon of sesame oil

5 - carrots

1 - tablespoon of honey

1.5 - teaspoon of black pepper

salt to taste. I don’t add any, because the soy sauce is already salty enough.

Prep/Wash the short ribs:

I wash the short ribs throughly in the sink. Then transfer them to a large bowl with water in it to cover. Let them soak in water to remove excess blood from the short ribs for about an hour or two (might have to repeat this step twice).

Pre boil the short ribs:

In a large pot, add the shorts ribs with water, and boil for 20-30 minutes. After that, dump out the water and rinse off the short ribs. Next, return the short ribs back to the pot and add water to barely cover the ribs. Bring to a boil and add about 5 cloves of garlic and one whole onion. You don’t need to peel the garlic and onion for this step, because you’re going to toss it out afterwards. I also add the cut ends of the carrots at this time. Let the ribs simmer with the lid on for about an hour. Be sure to skim off the oil/fat off the top with a ladle a few times.

Make Veggie/Aromatics puree:

Chop up one medium onion, 10 cloves of garlic, 1 asian pear, and 3 green onions and add it to the food processor, then puree. Then leave it to the side.

After the short ribs have been simmering for an hour, remove the veggies and cooking liquid from the pot, but make sure to leave about 2-3 cups of cooking liquid, as it will be the flavor base to the dish. Bring back to a simmer.

Add the wet ingredients to the pot.

-1 cup of soy sauce

-puree’d veggies

-1 can of Coke

-tablespoon of honey

-teaspoon of sesame oil

Add in the black pepper and bring to boil then reduce the heat and simmer for another hour.

After simmering for an hour. Chop up the carrots into 2” pieces and add to the pot. Let it simmer for an additional hour with the lid off.

Give the sauce a taste. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. The short ribs should be fork tender at this point. Like with any braised dishes, the longer it simmers, the better it will taste.

Should be ready to serve now. At the end, slice up the remaining green onions and garnish the ribs with it.

I suggest serving it with plain white rice.

/SPOILER]

Dat asian pear is key:wink::lol:

Can anyone provide me a good place in MD, DC, VA with good ox tail. Wife and I were inline for 30 mins at one spot yesterday and she was still second in line. I got pissed and said **** this.

Back
Top Bottom