FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Heads up LA NT

679F9EB3-EC57-4A96-BDA9-59FEC9EB8559.png

Wilmington, Del is the opposite of a "cool little town"...Its like a mashup of all the worst areas of the big east coast cities but none of the night life/tourist attractions to balance it out :lol: :smh:

Yea, at first dude just said Wilmington so I immediately thought of the closest one out y'all way.

Wilmington DE is a rough city, man. Found that out recently.

Opened up a brand new Krogers downtown.

Heard they had a nice court set up so, why not.

I walk on I'm seeing great options but Im too hungry to be trying new ****.

20191015_125030.jpg

So I see Cod tacos with a lime sriracha sauce and I'm like BET.

I see the $4 price tag and I'm thinking these bout to be some decent sized fish.

20191015_125505.jpg

20191015_125456.jpg

****** gave me a cabbage taco.

The unwrapping had me like......

IgMyx.gif

Opened up a brand new Krogers downtown.

Heard they had a nice court set up so, why not.

I walk on I'm seeing great options but Im too hungry to be trying new ****.

20191015_125030.jpg

So I see Cod tacos with a lime sriracha sauce and I'm like BET.

I see the $4 price tag and I'm thinking these bout to be some decent sized fish.

20191015_125505.jpg

20191015_125456.jpg

*****s gave me a cabbage taco.

The unwrapping had me like......

IgMyx.gif

So..........what did you do NEXT?

Or did you just let them get away with your $8?

Zik Heinz is not a reputable source on this topic :emoji_rolling_eyes:

:lol: @ Zik Heinz

i prefer corn tortillas over flour unless they're homemade... if they're homemade flour >>>>>
To revisit this, I have been leaning toward Corn more lately but I am at the point now where if I never have another Flour (for tacos), I am fine.

The taste of corn that is TOASTED is unmatched.

Homemade or not, I am rocking with Corn 100/100 times.

Wilmington is nice as hell man. One Tree Hill inspired me to check that city out. Spent a weekend there about 3 years ago and it was chill as hell man. Nice/Quaint area. I suggest going if you get a chance.

Funny you mention this :lol:

We were walking around downtown and were like man this looks a lot like Tree Hill with the little shops and intersections and whatnot. Walked a little further and some gift shop had mad OTH stuff. Had to scoop something..

5D5B19B9-B2F5-441B-A2F5-8D78C70DCA41.jpeg

B Sox B Sox

Which area was that OTH Store in? You remember which stores were around there? I bought a Keith's Auto Shop shirt from a store around Market St. There was a Kilwins Ice Cream spot around there.

Not sure if that area is the same as Downtown.

B Sox B Sox

Which area was that OTH Store in? You remember which stores were around there? I bought a Keith's Auto Shop shirt from a store around Market St. There was a Kilwins Ice Cream spot around there.

Not sure if that area is the same as Downtown.
Yup just looked at the map and it was that store right there on that corner by Kilwins. Wife got the Auto Shop hoodie.

I wish I had another day or two to look around more. I was basically there for only a day and half. Looked like there were a bunch of nice restaurants. Gotta try to go visit my boy (who got married) in the spring or something.

He moved down there from Bethesda like 2 years ago though and loves it.

I can’t lie - I have gotten choked up a few times when a chef with a really good story wins Chopped and gets emotional about it. I’m soft.

Back
Top Bottom