FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

what is white gummy?
Like the white gummy bear from Jamba Juice?
yeap, white gummy from Jamba Juice. It’s probably one of the most unhealthiest smoothies you can have, but my fiancé was craving it and the closest Jamba Juice is like 45 mins away.
This is the recipe she followed. We spiked it with a little bit of grey goose.
White Gummy

Hot honey catfish, coconut candied yams, Mac+cheese.
B1BD6CFE-7F27-4491-A892-5DA2DB7B04E4.jpeg

Was given these this morning. I almost threw up. I legit held my breath and had to wash them down with water while eating.

Couldn't be rude since they were bought for me, even though I never said I was vegetarian nor did I request these.

1594005284550.png

Was given these this morning. I almost threw up. I legit held my breath and had to wash them down with water while eating.

Couldn't be rude since they were bought for me, even though I never said I was vegetarian nor did I request these.

1594005284550.png
The “original” in the title and the fact that it only has 6 in there is crazy

Haven't had KFC for about a year. This location by my house had been closed(due to fire) for 2 and half years and opened back up early this year. Got a coupon in the mail so got a 9 pc for $10. The drums were thicc and thighs juicy. Added hot sauce and ate it with rice of course. I think I'll like KFC again as I like Popeyes
IMG_20200705_184130.jpg

$7.10

14.5oz Planters Deluxe Pistachio Mix - Slickdeals.net https://slickdeals.net/f/14174321-1...-mix-7-10-free-shipping-w-prime?src=catpagev2

Haven't had KFC for about a year. This location by my house had been closed(due to fire) for 2 and half years and opened back up early this year. Got a coupon in the mail so got a 9 pc for $10. The drums were thicc and thighs juicy. Added hot sauce and ate it with rice of course. I think I'll like KFC again as I like Popeyes
IMG_20200705_184130.jpg
jape jape

#Cultural Answers expected for Macaroni and cheeses

1. Nobody should disrespect the household with some Fn lemon Meringue Pie on thanksgiving. I'd be hot. Pecan Pie is too sweet. Black folk don't eat pumpkin like that. Sweet potato pie wins

2. Top left mac and cheese is #Cultural and trash. Can tell it's stovetop. Top right is decent. Bottom left may have egg in it which is usually trash but it looks ok. Bottom right got the right amount of cheesiness and a lil crust so it wins

3. Top left I can tell those yams came from a can. Bottom left is extremely #Cultural and just downright disgusting. Bottom right is filthy. Top right is ehh. Top left wins by default

4. Don't want no stewed turkey necks. Red beans and rice look too much like chili. Smothered pork chop looks decent. Chicken fried steak is never good to me. I'm not taking any one of those plates

Last edited:
IMG_20200705_184130.jpg
I like KFC's chicken better. But prefer Popeyes sandwiches & Cajun Fries.

Yeah i changed mine mac and cheese preference to bottom right. It need a lil more time under the broiler tho

IMG_20200705_184130.jpg
Thing about kfc is that the crust looks mad soggy

Thing about kfc is that the crust looks mad soggy

It isn't extra crispy as they are labeled but they are rather crispy than before. Maybe new fryer and oil they're using since they remodeled. Or since I haven't had them in awhile made them better.

It isn't extra crispy as they are labeled but they are rather crispy than before. Maybe new fryer and oil they're using since they remodeled. Or since I haven't had them in awhile made them better.
Yea, strange thing with KFC. I went years without it. Swore up and down Popeyes was better to anyone and everything I came in contact with cause to me it was. My guy kept arguing with me saying KFC taste different from when I last had it so many years ago. Wasn't trying to hear that. Then one day I felt like eating chicken for dinner but was hangry and didn't want to drive out the way to Popeyes. Grabbed some KFC and knew right away after that first bite, dude was right. Either my taste buds have changed over the years, or they changed up the chicken a bit. Either way, I'm on KFC now.

Word l. I'm like it's either of the two on the bottom. Bottom right would be the one with just a bit more color.

Need more complete pics too.

attempt 2 on that detroit style pizza. came out better this time. couple changes:

- homemade sauce that was lighter, simpler, and much better for pizza
- thinner cut pepperonis
- used mozzarella and monterey jack cheese blend this time
- set the oven to broil for the final 2.5 minutes

IMG_1712.jpeg

IMG_1725.jpeg

looking to keep improving on this and to get it just right at some point :lol:

attempt 2 on that detroit style pizza. came out better this time. couple changes:

- homemade sauce that was lighter, simpler, and much better for pizza
- thinner cut pepperonis
- used mozzarella and monterey jack cheese blend this time
- set the oven to broil for the final 2.5 minutes

IMG_1712.jpeg

IMG_1725.jpeg

looking to keep improving on this and to get it just right at some point :lol:

Got damn that looks good.

Back
Top Bottom