FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Regular soda is almost too sweet for me now that I tend to drink diet/zero sugar sodas when I do drink it.

Diet soda is so gross. Just treat yourself to actual soda every now and then instead of drinking that mess.

Few exceptions are these sparkling drinks. And even then I only like a handful of flavors (lime, lemon, grapefruit and apple)

si_us_base_-full-lineup-1.png

Per brother-

Newport has 2 vibes it’s either average price or through the roof

Broadway street is the diveier side of Newport. Lots of decent drink spots there.

Fast net pub and pour judgment are cool spots

Grace Vanderbilt has the best rooftop deck bar but it’s expensive. Castle hill is restaurant off of ocean drive which is that scenic road there which is also expensive but has the best sunset in town

Barn and board is good. Surf club is a cool little basement spot

Avoid the red parrot it’s a tourist trap.... can’t really go wrong in Newport just tell them to go down to the wharf area which is like right in the center on the water

Diegos is a Mexican spot. Best drinks in town hands down and their food is excellent and they have killer music.

macbk macbk

Appreciate this! Big bummer that Bar & Board isn't open on Monday's (I'll be on the road home Tuesday afternoon). We have Pasta Beach lined up for Sunday night.

I've had Diego's before, I remember it being pretty good. We started with nachos and we were full before our entree came out :lol: .

Diet soda is so gross. Just treat yourself to actual soda every now and then instead of drinking that mess.

Few exceptions are these sparkling drinks. And even then I only like a handful of flavors (lime, lemon, grapefruit and apple)

si_us_base_-full-lineup-1.png

Eh, at this point it doesn't taste much different outside of not being as sweet.

Is root beer only liked in america? Most of the time foreigners seem to hate it and say it tastes like medicine. Love Barq's root beer.

Try Moxie...the aftertaste is actually like medicine; very strong.

220px-2018_Moxie_can.jpg

Although I suspect they may have changed it over time
(dumbed it down) as I haven't had it for a while and can't
imagine younger folks drinking it unless it was a fad or
something.

It rivaled Coke & Pepsi and had a lot of magazine adverts, etc.
up until the 1950's.

Recently tried Coke Zero again and I dunno if they changed the recipe but I like it better now. Also like Pepsi Zero Sugar over Diet Pepsi.
I can't get over that fake sugar flavor in diet sodas, but the new Coke is noticeably better than any diet Cola.

Had hotpot for the first time in 2 years today. It was a struggle, I can’t eat large quantities anymore.

Had hotpot for the first time in 2 years today. It was a struggle, I can’t eat large quantities anymore.

There's a brazilian BBQ place by me and I've been meaning to go there but I have to get mentally and physically prepared. I don't do too well with buffets. Last time I went to one of those I had the meat sweats really bad.

Yea yea I know.....#soft

There's a brazilian BBQ place by me and I've been meaning to go there but I have to get mentally and physically prepared. I don't do too well with buffets. Last time I went to one of those I had the meat sweats really bad. I’m washed.

Yea yea I know.....#soft
Honestly I just don’t have it in me anymore. I’d rather have a smaller portion of quality food rather than trying to stuff myself. Need some greens and what not too so my food can digest.

Try Moxie...the aftertaste is actually like medicine; very strong.

220px-2018_Moxie_can.jpg

Although I suspect they may have changed it over time
(dumbed it down) as I haven't had it for a while and can't
imagine younger folks drinking it unless it was a fad or
something.

It rivaled Coke & Pepsi and had a lot of magazine adverts, etc.
up until the 1950's.

i can't stand moxie, man. one of my homies growing up would have it 24/7 :x

I wouldn’t eat at his restaurant, he feeds steak to your girl then comes around and feeds you too.

I seriously do NOT see the appeal in this...
It's so cringe watching homeboy go through the theatrics and over-emphasized motions just to slice some steak. :lol:

Then he seems to oversalt the food, as the large sea salt crystals bounce off his sweaty forearms picking up germs dead skin cells on their way down to your food. :sick:

And what's up with baby girl literally busting wide open on the chair during brunch as he feeds her the meat...? :lol: she was ready... :evil:

Back
Top Bottom