FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Never had Napoli’s. I’ve heard of that pizzeria tho because of Action Bronson, who mentioned it in his first book. He grew up in Electchester. I know the area a little bit, I used to do volunteer work at the elementary school in Pomonok and my high school is around that area (RFK). Is Napoli’s worth a trip?

436AAAAB-DFDA-4571-9B40-F35DADA9C6AF.jpeg
I'd say Napoli's is worth a trip. He's right their baked ziti slice is what they are known for. My brother is a big fan of that slice; me not so much. It's a good one time try for that particular slice imo. Can't go wrong with their regular cheese pie/slice. It's phenomenal. And it's in*Fresh Meadows not Flushing Meadows.

I'd say Napoli's is worth a trip. He's right their baked ziti slice is what they are known for. My brother is a big fan of that slice; me not so much. It's a good one time try for that particular slice imo. Can't go wrong with their regular cheese pie/slice. It's phenomenal. And it's in*Fresh Meadows not Flushing Meadows.

Yeah that’s an error on their part although I would argue that the area is actually Kew Garden Hills. Fresh Meadows is a little more East. But growing up, we thought that was all part of Flushing, which is probably why Bronson likes to say that he’s from Flushing even though he really isn’t.

Yeah that’s an error on their part although I would argue that the area is actually Kew Garden Hills. Fresh Meadows is a little more East. But growing up, we thought that was all part of Flushing, which is probably why Bronson likes to say that he’s from Flushing even though he really isn’t.
Yeah Bronson is confusing himself saying it's in Flushing Meadows because that's an entirely different part of town & mainly a bigass park in Flushing, Queens which I'm assuming you already know being a local. Napoli's is in Fresh Meadows because Kew Gardens Hills would be about 2.5 miles West. You'd have to cross Union Turnpike to get into Kew Gardens Hills past the Main St & Union intersection. All this time he's from Fresh Meadows & reps Flushing :lol:.You're not exactly wrong either because some businesses & people even categorize Auburndale as part of Flushing.

I was reading an article on a trivia I'm subscribed to on International snacks recently. It had info on the Indian Lay's, French chestnut spread & some other snacks. So I decided to order them online.

I got the chips today & the chestnut spread came in yesterday. I'm yet to try the items but they look promising. Got 4 of the chestnut & gave 2 to the SIL. Pack of 6 chips was $10 & I gave her 4 of them(I'm not a big chip guy).

I also ordered a snack called Euro cakes, it's popular in Thailand. Customs has my package hopefully they release it soon.

Also got Thums Up from a local spot. It's like India's national soda. Will report back when I try the items. Also, my SIL made some fruit custard for dinner which was great.
20230328_194814.jpg
20230328_194841.jpg
20230328_195040.jpg
20230328_194952.jpg
20230328_200111.jpg
20230328_200014.jpg

i love this stuff :pimp: :pimp:
I've known of it since childhood(thanks to Bollywood movies :lol: ) but never tried any of the flavors. Went to a part of town today where it's a huge Indian community & while in the supermarket there I saw it in the fridge so figured why the hell not? It's got SRK on the front- it HAS to be good :lol:.

I was reading an article on a trivia I'm subscribed to on International snacks recently. It had info on the Indian Lay's, French chestnut spread & some other snacks. So I decided to order them online.

I got the chips today & the chestnut spread came in yesterday. I'm yet to try the items but they look promising. Got 4 of the chestnut & gave 2 to the SIL. Pack of 6 chips was $10 & I gave her 4 of them(I'm not a big chip guy).

I also ordered a snack called Euro cakes, it's popular in Thailand. Customs has my package hopefully they release it soon.

Also got Thums Up from a local spot. It's like India's national soda. Will report back when I try the items. Also, my SIL made some fruit custard for dinner which was great.
20230328_194814.jpg
20230328_194841.jpg
20230328_195040.jpg
20230328_194952.jpg
20230328_200111.jpg
20230328_200014.jpg

Thumbs up is my sh***. Dat cane sugar.

Back
Top Bottom