FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

09AB49FA-E940-43E8-B1C3-2B3F4E023ABF.jpeg

quick little lunch - steak, Cajun spiced shrimp and some asparagus hiding back there
jesus

Reactions: fx2
I hate my rice to have any moisture I like it to be dry as hell if it comes out the wrong way after I cook it I will throw it away lol
I'm the opposite. I like my rice to have some moisture to it. I dislike dry cooked rice lol.

@Comparison Ford Interesting take from this POD. But pepper on the steak AFTER because when you put it on beforehand it can become bitter when cooked on high heat. I will try that to see how it goes.

Summer Grilling and Engagement Chicken With Meat Magnate Pat LaFrieda | House of Carbs (Ep. 46)
The Ringer's Joe House is joined by Pat LaFrieda, CEO of Pat LaFrieda Meat Purveyors, a $200 million company that supplies some of New York's best restaurants, including: Minetta Tavern, Spotted Pig, Union Square Cafe, and more than 135 Shake Shack locations. House and Pat discuss LaFrieda's rise from a Wall Street dropout to king of the New York meat industry, elevating the hamburger, and creating the legendary meat blend for Shake Shack (4:45). Then they talk about outside grilling, specialty steaks, and Pat's new joint, The Pennsy Food Hall, located right outside of Madison Square Garden (27:40). Finally House links up with Juliet Litman for a classic 'House of Carbs' Food News (55:00).

Listening to Summer Grilling and Engagement Chicken With Meat Magnate Pat LaFrieda | House of Carbs (Ep. 46) from House of Carbs. http://podbay.fm/show/1253110409/e/1527066000

to me if the rice has any moisture you failed at cooking it lmaoo I pride myself on not making that mistake I need my rice to be good enough that I can eat it without anything else dry jasmine rice be good as hell

F5A89316-4E53-46EE-956B-B2C86F1779A7.jpeg
I like this rice because it’s very easy to make it come out dry sometimes the type of pot you use messes things up but this kind usually comes out dry no matter what

Wash the grains, cook it in a pot. When grains are cooked, drain it. Put a lil oil in the pot and put the rice back in. Put a towel over the top and put the lid on and steam it. If you feeling like going the extra mile, slice some potatoes and put em in the bottom of the pot before u put the rice back. Bottom will be super crispy, when you serve it flip it upside down from the pot

Back
Top Bottom