FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Black owned mini grocery store and restaurant in one. If any are in the LA or Slauson area, check it out. They're called Simply Wholesome. Finally found a spot where they didnt give me two measly *** plaintains

Salmon with Mango relish, Collards, and Plantains. I ate like three before I took the pic

20180527_151252.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing home made burger and fries
Fries - soaked in salt water before being dried. Coated in oil and baked on a sheet for ~40 minutes
Burger - ground beef seasoned with black pepper, salt, and cajun meat rub. cooked to medium-well (let it sit too long wanted it medium), put cheddar cheese on top, fresh tomato, fresh onion, lettuce,homemade guac, fried egg, bread toasted in the pan to soak up burger grease.

burger.jpg

There's no game being played.

It's just facts based on things you said.

That's why I take all of your opinions on food with cocaine and salt.

Finished product today:
unnamed.jpg

Patties are a blend of chuck, short rib, brisket, sirloin, and dry-aged ribeye. American cheese is the only option for a smashburger, in my opinion. Sauce is simple: a mix of ketchup, yellow mustard, mayo, pickle brine, and cayenne powder. Got some thick cut bacon slices from the spot that I got the meat at. Wickles for some crispness/acidity. Caramelized onions for some sweetness and richness. Brioche bun was the most appropriate choice in my mind.

No seasoning on the corn up top lol :stoneface:
I do not put seasoning on corn every time I eat it.

Thats too much seasoning with everything else.

Boiled in sugar and/or salt water with a little butter after is enough for me.
Zik out here eating oxtails and having steak every 4.5 days. You wealthy?
Some times I gotta splurge when I get that urge.

But nah I run to mom's every time she says she's cooking oxtail :lol:

Take A LOT and then just warm it up and grub :pimp:

There's no game being played.

It's just facts based on things you said.

That's why I take all of your opinions on food with cocaine and salt.

As I said before, beef and pork wasn't in my house growing up.

I probably hadn't eaten 15 steaks, in my life, up until 2012. Then I started eating them medium.

Last edited:
medium is perfect for me for steaks... not to tough to chew like well done and the texture doesnt feel weird with raw...

and burgers i like medium well... cant have pink in my burger :sick:

Bowl? 5 Guys bowls? The hell is that?

And they run out of lettuce???????
Damn you really know nothing about this :lol: You should educate yourself.

There are 2 choices instead of buns. The burger in a bowl (just the patties, cheese and w/e toppings) or the lettuce wrap. Its called a bowl but its just in a container they put the burger in with a cover.

A lettuce wrap is not the same thing as regular lettuce in your burger.

5-guys.jpg

1cb3858766e2fbf6307086276647c033.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom