FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I think my Chicago friends go there pretty often. What you need?
Good spot for Butter Burger & Cheese Curds.

Good spot for Pizza.

I don't know a lot of places that carry the merkts cheese
But I had the char merkt's cheddar burger from paradise pup in des plaines and it's pretty good
They also has some killer onion rings
I really like the butter burgers from culvers but they don't carry merkt's
Thanks for the heads up. Gonna try Paradise Pup when I'm in the area. On my list with Phoenix Flame.

Good spot for Butter Burger & Cheese Curds.

Good spot for Pizza.

Thanks for the heads up. Gonna try Paradise Pup when I'm in the area. On my list with Phoenix Flame.
Friend asked where in Milwaukee you’re staying and can give more recs based on that.

She said Stackd Burger and Oscars Winner Circle for burgers though.

Paradise pup has weird hours
Opened only from like 11-5pm
Place is super small
It gets busy so don’t go during peak lunch hours

Friend asked where in Milwaukee you’re staying and can give more recs based on that.

She said Stackd Burger and Oscars Winner Circle for burgers though.
Lakefront area. Don't mind driving around but rather find something close towards the lake.

Lakefront area. Don't mind driving around but rather find something close towards the lake.
“Check out Mobcraft and Iron Horse, that’s right by Summerfest so if they’re in town one of the weekends in Sept let me know and I can get them at least GA passes to come in”

“Check out Mobcraft and Iron Horse, that’s right by Summerfest so if they’re in town one of the weekends in Sept let me know and I can get them at least GA passes to come in”
I'm going this Sunday. Good lookin out though. The first place you mentioned, Stack'd Burger, looks fire.

I'm going this Sunday. Good lookin out though. The first place you mentioned, Stack'd Burger, looks fire.
Haha that’s funny. She works as an event coordinator of some sort. Said she’s gonna be in Milwaukee for the next month for that concert I guess.

Also said…
“Points East Pub has great wings. Brady Street is young divey bars. Lots of breweries to check out. Kanye bout to come out. I can think of some other recs later too!”

Haha that’s funny. She works as an event coordinator of some sort. Said she’s gonna be in Milwaukee for the next month for that concert I guess.

Also said…
“Points East Pub has great wings. Brady Street is young divey bars. Lots of breweries to check out. Kanye bout to come out. I can think of some other recs later too!”
Kanye gonna be in Milwaukee?

Just had some Jollof rice :smokin

20210827_020308.jpg

Went to Trader Joes for the first time. How did this place get so popular.

I bought some '3 layer' hummus dip and that was good though. Ion even know what hummus is.

Lots of people love their frozen pre-made meals. I just don't do frozen pre-made meals so that isn't a perk for ME.

THeir produce is fairly affordable.

But honestly, once I started going to Aldi/LIDL, I haven't had any desire to even go to a Trader Joe's.

TJ is the Hipster grocery store. Cheaper prices than big boxed grocery stores. (Depending on the item).

They also just carry some things that other places don't.

It isn't for everyone and you aren't "missing out" if you don't get IT.

Lots of people love their frozen pre-made meals. I just don't do frozen pre-made meals so that isn't a perk for ME.

THeir produce is fairly affordable.

But honestly, once I started going to Aldi/LIDL, I haven't had any desire to even go to a Trader Joe's.

TJ is the Hipster grocery store. Cheaper prices than big boxed grocery stores. (Depending on the item).

They also just carry some things that other places don't.

It isn't for everyone and you aren't "missing out" if you don't get IT.

But like, if you go into any grocery store, they'll carry the same frozen pre-made meals made by different companies who ONLY do that type of frozen meal.

So like is Trader Joes frozen pizza for real gonna be better than Digornos? Digornos been doing nothing but making frozen pizzas for 10 years. You're telling me Trader Joes concocted a recipe and outdid Digorno that quick? Same goes for frozen dino's chicken nuggets, enchilidas, butter chicken or whatever. There are companies knee deep in the game.

But I didn't actually know it was cheaper. I thought it was more expensive. I can see that appeal if that's the case.

Yes it just depends on the item whether or not it is cheaper.

For examples, they have a solid/basic marinara sauce that runs you about 1.79 (1.99 for the garlic flavor)

Apples are fairly cheap there depending on the type. (I go with Gala and Pink Lady)

Bananas are cheap.

But to your point about their frozen items vs. The Leading competitors, you are right. I just can't see how they would outdo folks that have decades of experience in the game.

Also, a lot of their junk food items have shorter lists of ingredients so yea you are still being fat but at least you can pronounce each ingredient. (They have a solid Taki alternative).

Not sure how much the glorified TV dinners will run you but they were fairly priced whenever I glanced at them.

What's good to eat there?

If you’re looking for brunch you could check out Interval, Allie Boys, Engine Co. #3, Beerline Cafe.

Mexican you could do La Dama or Riviera Maya. Chinese: DanDan
Pizza: Fixture, San Giorgio (they have some certification from Naples), Santino’s.
Thai: Thai Kitchen, Ee Sane, Kim’s Thai
Steak: Carnevor, 3rd Coast Provisions

Goodkind, Laughing Taco, Egg & Flour, Iron Horse, Movida, Kopp’s, Zocalo, Taco Moto, La Merenda

I go to Trader Joe’s because their prices are cheaper and their quality is better than equivalents most of the time. Plus I also like the fact that they always paid their employees living wages which were not minimums that most grocery stores do. Their wild caught frozen fish are really hard to beat along with their organic free range eggs and orange juice and make it worth to go single handily to me.

I wouldn’t say you’re necessarily missing out on anything if you aren’t going to Trader Joe’s. We hadn’t gone until the last couple years. Their produce is really good and cheap though. Frozen stuff is top notch and competes with any company out there.

Back
Top Bottom