FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Not looking down on anyone who wears gloves, just genuinely perplexed.

I think the only situation I'd wear gloves is if I was working with hot peppers.

-spike

Man, I am so worried about touching ANYTHING with raw chicken hands that I don't even know how I ever handled chicken WITHOUT using gloves.

Watching cooking shows for years and i’ve never seen any chef or cook wash poultry. They usually tell you it’s not necessary and not to do it.

Just recently got put on to using gloves while washing actual DISHES as well.
I used to do it with bare hands and thought using those thick yellow gloves were for women.
I saw how easy/clean/efficient it was and I changed my tune.

Z-8MD-fo5oy.JPG

Some shows they will grab it from the refrigerator and take it out of whatever container / packaging it’s in.

I use gloves a lot - just helps with the cross contamination. A lot of times I use one glove so I have a clean hand and a dirty hand - it kills me watching someone preparing meat and picking up the salt shaker etc with the same hands. I either put salt in another dish before I start or use one hand to do the meat handling - and a glove is a good way to do that.

White people trying to order in Spanish at the taqueria will forever be the most annoying thing.

Order taking extra long because the worker got no idea what the hell they’re trying to say. Everybody else in line behind them rolling their eyes like “here we go again”

1676060967449.gif

Paulie Gees
Logan Square, Chicago
US Pizza Cup Winner (Cheddar, mozzarella, Ezzo pepperoni cups, bacon jam, red sauce, ricotta, basol & Mike's hot honey. Detroit inspired light & airy pan style pizza with a caramelized cheese edge)
Coyote Pizza (Italian tomatoes, garlic, arugula, spinach, sweet Italian fennel sausage, red onion, pickled pineapples & soy chili glaze)
21EE86DF-67FF-49D7-8BD0-327EC99CB4E6.jpeg

A67BE8DF-B488-48C0-81BA-A00A38DA0E75.jpeg

bb.q Chicken
Chinatown, Chicago
Korean fried chicken wings (soy garlic, honey garlic, and hot & spicy)

28B73B43-6263-451F-BCBB-D959160BECD0.jpeg

99452524-E094-4004-86AA-B4D228FE3A74.jpeg

had both of these delivered recently

heat

Back
Top Bottom