Fools Quickly Parted With Their Money

Every time I see suburban rich kids come to the city to show-out with overly priced yet worthless things like Pyrex gear and stuff like this makes me want to play the NWO theme song on my phone while I clothesline them and spray paint NWO on their clothes.

I don't care how good the quality is. It's still a white tee no matter how you look at it.

My eyes have to be going bad. There is no way I just saw a white tee for $120 and $200+. Has to be a typo...just has to be

Guilty of buying t-shirts over $100 but these are just plain white though... nothing on them. 
mean.gif

Thats light cheese, Cassidy spends 100 G's a year on white tees.
laugh.gif
That's only 2.3 of these per day...with a few messy lunches that investment might be worth it for him.

Yeah, but anybody who buys this or anything like it...well, they have a different perspective on life than I do. They'll charge whatever some dupe will pay, can't knock that.

I'm gonna start selling real-time future viewing glasses that show time passing in 3D. You'll be able to see both the present and the future as it is developing. $750 each, marked down from $900. Inbox for details.

My phone's messing up, only see white tee for $120. I'll keep reloading page.

Last edited:
APC clothes is usually good quality :rolleyes

i dont think you are using it for the wrong thing, its just a matter of preference.

im pretty sure that the majority of people buying higher quality/cost t's dont buy them because they are trying to front. i mean its a basic color t-shirt. 99.99% of the people you walk by on the street arent going to know if you are wearing a $5 or a $120 t-shirt (as long as its clean and pressed).

im sure ill get hate here for admitting it, but i like to buy nicer t-shirts. i dont mind spending $30-80 for a plain white or colored t-shirt. the ones i found that i like just feel better and fit better. I fully acknowlege that a $50 t-shirt is not 10x better than a $5 t-shirt, but I am OK with paying a 10x markup even if I am only getting a perceived 2-3x increase in quality.

flame away.

Ok, I can respect quality talk for a cardigan, some jeans, hell even printed tees to some extent. But what type of quality does a $100-$400 have over the 5-10 buck corner store joint?

Hell NT fav j crew tees top out at around 40 bucks right?

Last edited:
^
Just curious here, but what makes it good quality?

im not familiar with apc shirts, but in most cases, if you were to hold a fruit of the loom shirt in one hand and a more expensive brand shirt in the other, you could very easily feel the difference.

by no means am i textile expert nor could i give you or anyone else a lesson on cotton sourcing and the textile manufacturing processes that go into creating the different shirts, so from a purely technical standpoint I honestly couldnt tell you what makes 1 shirt a higher quality than the other. i just go off of what i can feel and my own subjective opinion on how it looks (in terms of shape/fit/how it hands on your body) and also my experience on how the shirt holds up over time with wash and wear.

going off on a tangent here but i guess it could be somewhat comparable to bed sheets.

some people could never come to terms with paying $1,000 for some Edmund Frette bed sheets when they can go to Walmart and get buy some "800 thread count" sheets from Walmart for $35. To those people, cotton is cotton and bed sheets are bed sheets, and one would be an idiot to spend that kind of money on what (in their mind) amounts to the same thing.

Ok, I can respect quality talk for a cardigan, some jeans, hell even printed tees to some extent. But what type of quality does a $100-$400 have over the 5-10 buck corner store joint?

someone with a background in textile manufacturing could probably answer this better than i, but ill try.

the quality of the cotton/yarn is probably the most important. a quick wiki/google search will show how cotton is graded. better quality raw cotton probably produces better quality thread. At that point (conversion of cotton into yarn) I'm sure there are also diferences based on who is doing the blending and manufacturing of the yarn. A well respected yarn manufacturer utilizing more time/labor intensive techniques will probably produce a better quality yarn.

once you have the yarn, theres also probably a difference in the amount of yarn used (thread count). there may also be a difference in quality based on the manufacturing process used to make the shirt (even if the yarn quality was the same). all these things could effect the overall quality of the end product.

obviously the issue of quality is subjective, but even then, no one is claiming that a $100 shirt is 20x better than a $5 shirt. The increase in quality is not linear with the increase in cost. Like any luxury good, there is a diminishing return on investment when it comes to price/quality. With that $100 shirt you are definitely paying an exponential premium for the increase in quality. Its up to the consumer to decide whether that premium is worth the quality. For some people it is. That doesnt mean those people are dopes, idiots, sheep, or anything else like that.

Last edited:
im not familiar with apc shirts, but in most cases, if you were to hold a fruit of the loom shirt in one hand and a more expensive brand shirt in the other, you could very easily feel the difference.

i just go off of what i can feel and my own subjective opinion on how it looks (in terms of shape/fit/how it hands on your body)

Your talking in extremes. What type of body you ****** got where you have to spend hundreds on a white tee for it to correctly fit your body?!?

If you cop it's all on you, but don't come in here tryna justify ****. I'd rather you be honest and say you copped cuz you like expensive ****, and you like to stunt.

Your talking in extremes. What type of body you ****** got where you have to spend hundreds on a white tee for it to correctly fit your body?!?

If you cop it's all on you, but don't come in here tryna justify ****. I'd rather you be honest and say you copped cuz you like expensive ****, and you like to stunt.
There's a very big difference between a standard brand tee and a designer tee. Once you get past a certain price that all goes out the window and you're paying solely for the name though.

In my experience Armani t-shirts are the GOAT and unless they contain some crazy graphic etc they can be found for €50. T-shirts over $100 are actually worse in quality imo.

Last edited:
**** the price... the funniest thing to me is that it's called "Hip Hop T-Shirt" ....

sounds like an Asian counterfeit listing on eBay.... "hip hop homeboy jeans - $29.99"

I know dudes who copped the hoody for $250 and were talking about quality :rofl: . Im fine copping a plain black hoodie from uniqlo for $30.

At one point i was one of these dudes who tried to justify purchases by talking about "quality". Spent $400 on a pair of jeans :smh:

I cant speak for everyone else , but I go through undershirts every month. The main purpose of undershirts is to soak up sweat, dead skin cells and etc so someone doesn't ruin their man shirt.  I seriously doubt these shirts retailing for $100 and up are that much better quality than the 4 pack of hanes premium slim fit shirts I buy. To each their own, but higher price =/= better quality. 

APC does make quality clothing and this Kanye collab is priced the same as their normal stuff, which is nice.  They aren't really going for a cash grab.  I'm sure they could have marked it up significantly and still sold out.

You are paying a premium for quality craftsmanship from APC.  Obviously there is a limit to how good the quality on a t-shirt can be and you certainly aren't getting bang for the buck buying it. This is how it is with all luxury type items though.  

In my opinion though, this is better than buying Pyrex.  You are getting Champion Blanks with Pyrex, at least you're getting a high quality product from APC.

Back
Top Bottom