Foot Locker Raffles / Reservation App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes 0 sense to me that they're going to penalize you for not picking up if you win and also if you enter FA, FTL, and Champs and win all 3 and pick up they penalize you as a reseller. Doesn't seem fair at all. Clearly I want the shoe if I entered, and I have always felt an obligation to either decline upon the phone call if I wasn't going to pick up, or actually grab all the shoes won so that the stores/relationships I made weren't penalized. I hope they refine that policy a crap ton before the holiday season and them rolling this thing out nationwide. 

They need to atleast give the option to decline in app for those of us that enter at all 3 stores...i.e. EVERYONE

i do the same when i get multiple calls just as a courtesy

I love how Footlocker Corp. thinks they are sticking it to Resellers when the real resellers are their managers.  This move is going to put a hurt on all these managers here in Houston that have been reselling out the back door.  Its crazy a corporation this big thinks they can stop a billion dollar industry that is headed by their own management.  This actually would make it easier for a reseller, all they have to do is recruit their friends to use the app.  No driving around to 20 an 30 stores filling out BS RIGGED RAFFLES, easy simply and fast and knock at 3 stores at once.  Anyone with a handful of friends can easily circumvent this, and all stores still have to sell the sizes not selected, inventory issues when shipments are late and dont show up, etc.  They just dropped a milli to screw themselves, for past year almost there has barely been a retro worth reselling every quarter... this will essentially be a useless system.

Confused as to what a head start actually does? Also does this take into account people might be traveling and want to reserve in the area they will be for the release?
The head start basically speeds up the countdown clock, so you will have access to the the shoes faster...

Im in the Tampa area im ready to see how this will play out, im surprised they are rolling this out in my area...

So if you are loyal to the FTL fam you have a better chance at winning ? Well me and a lot of others should be eating well, now i see why they keep track of how much we spend.. The head start  basically lets you skip others because you are a VIP, who spends ungodly amounts.. PERFECT :lol:

Well you're wrong in a sense, amount spent means nothing

Two, basically anyone who buys shoes from any of the three stores is prob already a VIP

Smh

Makes 0 sense to me that they're going to penalize you for not picking up if you win and also if you enter FA, FTL, and Champs and win all 3 and pick up they penalize you as a reseller. Doesn't seem fair at all. Clearly I want the shoe if I entered, and I have always felt an obligation to either decline upon the phone call if I wasn't going to pick up, or actually grab all the shoes won so that the stores/relationships I made weren't penalized. I hope they refine that policy a crap ton before the holiday season and them rolling this thing out nationwide. 

I hope they don't, don't enter a raffle for shoes if you aren't actually gonna pay for them.

Why waste people's time and a valuable spot for someone who actually has money and wants to cop?

Confused as to what a head start actually does? Also does this take into account people might be traveling and want to reserve in the area they will be for the release?
The head start basically speeds up the countdown clock, so you will have access to the the shoes faster...
Access to the shoes or access to the raffle?

The shoes
I must be missing something. It gives you access to the shoes before everyone else? Isn't this a raffle? Is it giving you access the raffle before others?

Access to the shoes or access to the raffle?

The shoes
I must be missing something. It gives you access to the shoes before everyone else? Isn't this a raffle? Is it giving you access the raffle before others?
The head start increase your chances of reserving  the shoe you pick.. once the countdown clock is up, you see if you are able to reserve the shoe..... Did you watch the video ?

I still don't get it... What's the point of the countdown? Just deadline to when they pick? If so.. Then what's the point of the head start? That means they might pick you before the deadline?

Yea either I'm stupid or this is confusing as hell

This is going to fail. Hopefully it fails in Tampa so they can rethink their plan for the Holidays.

Last edited:
Per footlockers official launch head start info

VIP Launch Head Start Eligibility: For select launch shoe releases, determined at the sole discretion of Foot Locker, VIP members will be given the benefit of a Head Start to reserve one pair of launch shoes. A Head Start is defined as a chance to register for a launch shoe prior to the designated official start time for the launch.VIP members will be given access to reserve the launch shoe 3 minutes in advance of the designated start time for the launch.

And 5 minutes for platinum vip's

So what i get from this is you get to reserve you size couple minutes before the general public can.

Now how does this help you get picked idk. The odds of you getting picked are greater i guess. Since you are going against alot less people for the system to randomly choose. Dont qoute me on that

Exactly. Ultimately if it's random it shouldn't matter if I submit 5 minutes before everyone or with 1 minute left.

And most resellers are platinum vip so they win regardless?

This makes zero sense

Sigh I just want one pair of shoes

Not to jump through a ring of fire, tightrope a lion pit, and scale a barbed wire electric fence

Just to secure 1 pair of shoes

Releases haven't been the same since December 2011 :smh:

Damn you Concords, damn you

Lol at by 2017 nobody will be able to purchase a retro again from a big box store . . . Bruh 3/4th of retros sit today. Unless JB planning on dropping only OG color ways and early retro+ colors everything else will sit.

App would've had more relevance in '12-'14

Preach A.T.[emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

All said is troof

Last edited:
This app isn't stopping 23penny from trapping out the BD at my footlocker over here

Idk why you just don't pay for your shoes then you tell them what store you'll pick them up from and they send them to the store you chose and on Rd and you go pick them up. Seems real simple each store would still get their normal inventory or extra pairs to sell to the general public. Idk if nike thinks it would kill hype if you didn't need to enter raffles or camp for fcfs but nike, fl, fnl, etc... could make buying kicks very easy if they wanted to

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom