For people that moved out the parents house...

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by Jay Wizzle

im also interested in this topic and have the same issues, but have a hard time saving due to bad spending habits

$0 savings 15k in retirement funds
$800 monthly car expenses, $60 phone bill

%%+ did you buy or lease?  A 50k car yet not saving anything.  Talk about going about things wrong.
sick.gif
Does that 800 includes gas and insurance

im also interested in this topic and have the same issues, but have a hard time saving due to bad spending habits

%%+ did you buy or lease?  A 50k car yet not saving anything.  Talk about going about things wrong.
sick.gif

my car note is 408 and my insurance is 390

sick.gif

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

What is your reasoning behind moving out?
You may have the funds (depends where you live but i wouldn't say 8k is enough) but you also have to have a good reason to go. Too many people move out simply because, "I want to live on my own". I always scratch my head at that one. As if living on your own is some sort of feat in and of itself.

People want to get away from their parents, feel accomplished by having their own home or like they have to have to because of their age.
yea, everyone needs their own "me" time at some point of their life
That's the thing. I think people overestimate the "me" time and underestimate financial security.

There are some things that I don't like while living at home but tough on me. I can't have my cake and eat it too. If I want to make it a bit easier on myself financially in the future then I have to sacrifice some things now.
I have piece of mind knowing that if something comes up and I need to spend a few k, then it's no biggie. Or if my family or any close friends need some financial help I can pitch in too.

My brothers going to grad school and I offered to pay for his semester. That's much more comforting to me t then having some more "me" time yet him going into debt. I pay the bills are my parents house as a symbolic thing and it feels good to help out even if they don't really need the help.

In the rest of the world, kids stay a lot longer with their parents.

You may have the funds (depends where you live but i wouldn't say 8k is enough) but you also have to have a good reason to go. Too many people move out simply because, "I want to live on my own". I always scratch my head at that one. As if living on your own is some sort of feat in and of itself.

People want to get away from their parents, feel accomplished by having their own home or like they have to have to because of their age.
That's what it was for me. I mean I'm all for saving and all that, but at some point in life you just gotta leave the nest.  I just felt like damn my mom has done enough time for me to see if I can make it on my own. Of course it was tough at first, but I made the necessary adjustments and sacrifices to make things run smoother. Felt good knowing that I  could make it on my own.

That's the thing. I think people overestimate the "me" time and underestimate financial security.

There are some things that I don't like while living at home but tough on me. I can't have my cake and eat it too. If I want to make it a bit easier on myself financially in the future then I have to sacrifice some things now.
I have piece of mind knowing that if something comes up and I need to spend a few k, then it's no biggie. Or if my family or any close friends need some financial help I can pitch in too.

My brothers going to grad school and I offered to pay for his semester. That's much more comforting to me t then having some more "me" time yet him going into debt. I pay the bills are my parents house as a symbolic thing and it feels good to help out even if they don't really need the help.

In the rest of the world, kids stay a lot longer with their parents.

That's what it was for me. I mean I'm all for saving and all that, but at some point in life you just gotta leave the nest.  I just felt like damn my mom has done enough time for me to see if I can make it on my own. Of course it was tough at first, but I made the necessary adjustments and sacrifices to make things run smoother. Felt good knowing that I  could make it on my own.

sick.gif

$390 AMERICIAN DOLLARS? Damn you must be 16 with a Vette. I'll walk for $390. 

Wait $408 for a car!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn!!!!!!!

Why are you in the "For people that moved out the parents house... " Thread?

sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

$390 AMERICIAN DOLLARS? Damn you must be 16 with a Vette. I'll walk for $390. 

Wait $408 for a car!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn!!!!!!!

Why are you in the "For people that moved out the parents house... " Thread?

sick.gif

sick.gif

Originally Posted by jdi23

The only thing that matters.  That's life, we grow and we learn.

Originally Posted by jdi23

The only thing that matters.  That's life, we grow and we learn.

I understand people who move out because:

Terrible relationships with their parents
Live in GF/Fiance
Are >30 (sort of arbitrary but 30's kinda old
laugh.gif
)
Moving into a long term home
Have an occupation where they make nice coin. Not just decent.

I think leaving home early is a US thing. In other parts of the world kids are expected to stay until they get married and even then they live with the 'rents for the first few years.

Exactly. I was trying to get this point across in a similar thread. We're so backwards as a country in many ways.

I understand people who move out because:

Terrible relationships with their parents
Live in GF/Fiance
Are >30 (sort of arbitrary but 30's kinda old
laugh.gif
)
Moving into a long term home
Have an occupation where they make nice coin. Not just decent.

I think leaving home early is a US thing. In other parts of the world kids are expected to stay until they get married and even then they live with the 'rents for the first few years.

Exactly. I was trying to get this point across in a similar thread. We're so backwards as a country in many ways.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Damn, $800 a month on car expenses? 
sick.gif

I'm glad, I live in a city where everything is close by...
ohwell.gif

Damn, $800 a month on car expenses? 
sick.gif

I'm glad, I live in a city where everything is close by...
ohwell.gif

i live in NYC... which would explain why my insurance is so high, plus speeding tickets and a accident which was my fault in 07

i live in NYC... which would explain why my insurance is so high, plus speeding tickets and a accident which was my fault in 07

Non NYC folks don't realize how crazy it is here with car insurance.

Brooklyn has the highest car insurance rates in the nation.
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Non NYC folks don't realize how crazy it is here with car insurance.

Brooklyn has the highest car insurance rates in the nation.
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom